Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Apparently the other sports do it like this. It's an obvious attempt to avoid criticism for a week Instead, the decision to release names alphabetically is criticized.
    I'm good with it... especially since the NCAA shares the data for all the teams. Especially since so much will change quickly.

As an aside, I was thinking of posting a poll for an over/under on how many posts we might see about folks missing that it's just a list and not a ranking. But, I figured it might be taken badly.
    I wonder if next season the NCCA calls the first week something like "regional candidates" or something to that effect :-) . I suspect the casual observers don't see the alphabetical notations. Same happened in other sports too. Go figure.
    Last edited by Redwing; 10-24-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm good with it... especially since the NCAA shares the data for all the teams. Especially since so much will change quickly.

As and aside, I was thinking of posting a poll for an over/under on how many posts we might see about folks missing that it's just a list and not a ranking. But, I figured it might be taken badly.
      I wonder if next season the NCCA calls the first week something like "regional candidates" or something to that effect :-) . I suspect the casual observer don't see the alphabetical notations. Same happened in other sports too. Go figure.
      I was getting angry at theoretical people who *****ed about the "rankings" without realizing or knowing they were alphabetical - at about 2pm... ha ha ha.

Comment

Absolutely pointless!
        Thanks to Inkblot for the real rankings!
        NCAA please just let him do your job for you!

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
          My apologies, I did some selected reading, didn’t see where they just listed them alphabetically, not sure why they would do that. BP is going down now.
          Woosah LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            This is an entirely pointless release. Either rank them, or just wait until next week to release anything lol this is so dumb. It's not like these are the only 10 schools from each region that can make the playoff. This is beyond stupid lol.
            I’m still rolling my eyes over it. This is some “participation trophy” BS! Lol. If they did this in FBS, folks would revolt! Haha. It’s a joke really. Bless their hearts.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

It seems them releasing them alphabetically has cause more confusion than ever. Should've just ranked them or waited till next week.
              Last edited by SkegeeGrad151; 10-26-2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

In case there was any doubt that they actually rank the teams before putting out the alphabetical lists...

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

As an aside, I was thinking of posting a poll for an over/under on how many posts we might see about folks missing that it's just a list and not a ranking. But, I figured it might be taken badly.
                  I wonder if next season the NCCA calls the first week something like "regional candidates" or something to that effect :-) . I suspect the casual observers don't see the alphabetical notations. Same happened in other sports too. Go figure.
                  That's part of the problem. The NCAA didn't "share the data." Will they share it next week? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    That's part of the problem. The NCAA didn't "share the data." Will they share it next week? Who knows.
                    It is the same as what inkblot Has on his site .

Comment

I just got an UPDATE from the CWU Athletic Department. The school is officially changing its name to "A Central Washington University".

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It is the same as what inkblot Has on his site .
                        So Inkblot got the official NCAA data from the NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          I see that now. I don't know what the heck happened as it was linked earlier this week.. ARGHHHHHH. As a plus, they'll be big changes this week.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

So if I'm reading this correctly there is a world where 3 teams from the sac can get in?
                            Yes. But I think that’s only if winner of Tusculum/Mars Hill wins the SAC Championship. I don’t think they let 9-2 Tusculum or 7-2 Mars Hill in.

Newberry holds control of their own destiny in the Piedmont. LR v Wingate is literally a playoff game.

So yes, there’s a way for 3. But ONLY if the Mountain wins the Championship.
                            Last edited by MrCorso; 10-26-2022, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

Yes. But I think that’s only if winner of Tusculum/Mars Hill wins the SAC Championship. I don’t think they let 9-2 Tusculum
                              or 7-2 Mars Hill in.

Newberry holds control of their own destiny in the Mountain. LR v Wingate is literally a playoff game.

So yes, there’s a way for 3. But ONLY if the Piedmont wins the Championship.
                              You got your divisions mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

You got your divisions mixed up.
                                Fixed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X