1. Grand Valley State
    2. Angelo State
    3. Ferris State
    4 West Florida
    5. Colorado Mines
    6. Shephard
    7. IUP
    8. Wingate

Will be interested to see who the two hosts are after next weekend's games.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

I think regardless of teams it will be...

SR3
    SR4
    SR2
    SR1

SR1 @ SR3
    SR2 @ SR4
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I think SR3 is locked into hosting SR1. The question would be if Mines and West Florida both win, who the host would be. Does anyone know what the criteria is for the reseeding?

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
        I think SR3 is locked into hosting SR1. The question would be if Mines and West Florida both win, who the host would be. Does anyone know what the criteria is for the reseeding?
        Whoever the NCAA thinks is best versus whoever the NCAA thinks is worst. They don't take anything like quality of opponents in to account. They go purely by numbers.

Considering that the NCAA already thought that West Florida was a #3 seed and Wingate was an unseeded team, and those are the two lowest "ranked" teams still in the bracket since the other three regions are all 1v2, I'm going to assume that winner is going to be the "lowest" ranked champion going to the "highest" ranked champion. But we'll see what happens. They're not going to just say the SR1 winner is the "weakest" even though anyone who follows D2 football is going to know that. They don't care about that. Maybe they will realize that, but I'm not sure. I just find it hard to believe we'll see a team with a #3 or no seed next to it not go to the perceived "best" team remaining.
        Last edited by KleShreen; 11-26-2022, 09:39 PM.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Scenarios:
          I’m assuming WF wins and no matter who wins SR1 they have the same profile:

FS and Mines win
          SR 1 at WF
          Mines at FS

Gv and Mines
          SR 1 at WF
          Mines at GV

GV and Angelo
          SR1 at GV
          WF at Angelo

FS and Angelo
          SR 1 at Ferris
          WF at Angelo

Comment

Allendale to Indiana, PA is under 500 miles, and just a little bit further for IUP to go to Big Rapids, but still under 600 miles. Shepherdstown is just a little bit over 600 miles, but they could probably find a route that would put them under 600, but its going to be pretty tough to get it there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Shepherdstown is just a little bit over 600 miles, but they could probably find a route that would put them under 600, but its going to be pretty tough to get it there.
              I’m pretty sure Grand Valley flew in 2015 when they travelled to Shepherdstown the year Shepherd beat ‘em in the semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

I’m pretty sure Grand Valley flew in 2015 when they travelled to Shepherdstown the year Shepherd beat ‘em in the semi-finals.
                If I remember correctly, the NCAA used to use 400 miles as the distance to fly teams, so that is probably why GVSU flew to Sheppard in 2015. They have since upped that distance to 600 miles, which is probably why it will be a bus trip this time..

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Whoever the NCAA thinks is best versus whoever the NCAA thinks is worst. They don't take anything like quality of opponents in to account. They go purely by numbers.

Considering that the NCAA already thought that West Florida was a #3 seed and Wingate was an unseeded team, and those are the two lowest "ranked" teams still in the bracket since the other three regions are all 1v2, I'm going to assume that winner is going to be the "lowest" ranked champion going to the "highest" ranked champion. But we'll see what happens. They're not going to just say the SR1 winner is the "weakest" even though anyone who follows D2 football is going to know that. They don't care about that. Maybe they will realize that, but I'm not sure. I just find it hard to believe we'll see a team with a #3 or no seed next to it not go to the perceived "best" team remaining.
                  I could see IUP at GV/FSU and UWF at CSM/ASU if the games played out like that. I think UWF would have hosting issues considering the broadcast facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

If I remember correctly, the NCAA used to use 400 miles as the distance to fly teams, so that is probably why GVSU flew to Sheppard in 2015. They have since upped that distance to 600 miles, which is probably why it will be a bus trip this time..
                    It was 500.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

Shepherd to Grand Valley is 611.

Comment

I think the pecking order for seeding looks something like this:
                        1. Grand Valley State
                        2. Angelo State
                        3. Ferris State
                        4. West Florida
                        5/6. IUP/Shepherd
                        7. Colorado Mines
                        8. Wingate

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          I think the pecking order for seeding looks something like this:
                          1. Grand Valley State
                          2. Angelo State
                          3. Ferris State
                          4. West Florida
                          5/6. IUP/Shepherd
                          7. Colorado Mines
                          8. Wingate
                          Say the winners end up being West Florida and Colorado Mines. Does Colorado Mines jump to #2? Or move ahead of the IUP/Shepherd winner at all? Or do you think you just take out the losing teams here and everything else stays?

(I assume no matter what, the GV/Ferris winner will be #1, and the IUP/Shepherd winner stays in the area you already have them)

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Say the winners end up being West Florida and Colorado Mines. Does Colorado Mines jump to #2? Or move ahead of the IUP/Shepherd winner at all? Or do you think you just take out the losing teams here and everything else stays?

(I assume no matter what, the GV/Ferris winner will be #1, and the IUP/Shepherd winner stays in the area you already have them)
                            This isn't an "as of today" list. This is where I think each team would stand with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

This isn't an "as of today" list. This is where I think each team would stand with a win.
                              Interesting. Thanks!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X