Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
    How does a good 2-loss team host a national semifinal? I’m still so confused by this. Has D2 football jumped the shark?
    If WF had scheduled just one of Angelo or Grand Valley in OOC instead of say Warner College or SW Baptist they’d have two losses too.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
      How does a good 2-loss team host a national semifinal? I’m still so confused by this. Has D2 football jumped the shark?
      Mines is an exceptional case for a 2-loss team. They lost to Grand Valley and Angelo State by a field goal each time, both those teams were in regional finals this week, and Mines just beat Angelo to win region 4. I would have personally picked them number 2 behind Ferris, but I would still have them hosting. This is a team that can win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

If WF had scheduled just one of Angelo or Grand Valley in OOC instead of say Warner College or SW Baptist they’d have two losses too.
        Lol. They scheduled and beat an FCS team last season. Neither matter for the D2 playoff seeding.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Nobody will play West Florida. It's an ongoing problem. It's a problem for all of the GSC. If Delta State and West Florida were taken out of SR2 and replaced by other GSC teams there are probably 4 or 5 other GSC teams that would have won SR2.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

West Florida put up 8 more points against McNeese State last year than LSU did a week later. Nobody from D2 out of conference will play West Florida.
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

West Florida put up 8 more points against McNeese State last year than LSU did a week later. Nobody from D2 out of conference will play West Florida.
              Nobody huh? Welcome to the party. At least some RMAC schools and I think an LSC ans a NE10 is willing to meet up with GV. We get a few, but it seems to be worse than pulling teeth to line up some games.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Nobody huh? Welcome to the party. At least some RMAC schools and I think an LSC ans a NE10 is willing to meet up with GV. We get a few, but it seems to be worse than pulling teeth to line up some games.
                I'm not saying a school like Grand Valley would be afraid or against it but money wise I doubt it could work for a West Florida vs Grand Valley home and home. I am saying that nobody within regional possibilities will and that is why Warner and SW Baptist start the season at UWF. That's not what UWF wants, it's the only option. Are you questioning the truth of that? It's been pretty well known.
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I'm not saying a school like Grand Valley would be afraid or against it but money wise I doubt it could work for a West Florida vs Grand Valley home and home. I am saying that nobody within regional possibilities will and that is why Warner and SW Baptist start the season at UWF. That's not what UWF wants, it's the only option. Are you questioning the truth of that? It's been pretty well known.
                  Some Miaa schools know how you feel, which I think is part of the reason for silo in the Miaa.

Comment

I can't speak for the rest of the SAC, but CN did and had two great games with the Argos. I'd be all for doing it every year!!!

Comment

Carson-Newman absolutely did and I think West Florida would welcome that again. I talked with some CN fans that came down to Pensacola for the game, they were awesome to talk football with.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Nobody will play West Florida. It's an ongoing problem. It's a problem for all of the GSC. If Delta State and West Florida were taken out of SR2 and replaced by other GSC teams there are probably 4 or 5 other GSC teams that would have won SR2.
                        GLIAC teams are always calling, looking for NC games. Can even work out a deal where yall can come up in late september and get to see some of the fall color if you like.

Comment

Funny you say this because they wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I think it made Mines better playing two great teams to start the year.

Comment

The committee got what they wanted: a black and blue bad blood rematch up north and a QB duel out west.
                              Last edited by Argonut; 12-07-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Because the transitive property holds so much weight when it comes to sports.

Every couple of years this claim is made that "no one will play us" and it's laughable.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X