Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WF Vs Ferris State!!!

Let me just say this, I have seen both teams play a lot throughout this season, and here are a few things that stuck out to me the most.
    1. WF offensively is either Really Hot or Really Cold and there is no in between
    2. Ferris offensively can be really careless with the ball and sometimes they look a little out of sink. I know Malik has missed a few games which could be why but we will see Saturday
    3. I think this is something that sticks out to me also. WF has a really good defense and I think they have the best defense out of the 4 teams remaining
    4. Ferris State IS NOT THAT GOOD ON DEFENSE!!!! They have many cracks on that defensive unit that WF will exploit all game long
    5. WF has a much improved special teams and they are really good at that also
    6. Tony Annese has a history of shrinking in big games
    7. Pete Shinnick has a history of Being great in big games
    8. I think Ferris is only favored because they are the defending champs but that will all come to an end After Saturday

I think the game will start off close and then WF will explode offensively and cause plenty of turnovers on the defensive side

Final from Big Rapids: WF 42- FS 21

Ferris State's defense is great. Their offense is skeptical. Shut down their sweeps and they're average, because Mylik is an awful passer and they don't have anyone who can run inside.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      Ferris State's defense is great. Their offense is skeptical. Shut down their sweeps and they're average, because Mylik is an awful passer and they don't have anyone who can run inside.
      My Point is Ferris is way overhyped. The won't win Saturday and they'll be lucky to score 21 points

Comment

Ferris defense is definitely great. Their offense is pretty meh. Holding them under 21 is doable for a good defense. Scoring more than 21 on them is pretty tough, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

6. Tony Annese has a history of shrinking in big games
          What planet are you living on?

Comment

Lol Tony Annese shrinks in big games? When? Definitely not when he's gone 11-3 against GVSU (often getting huge wins on the road to either secure playoff berth or advance in the playoffs) or made it to the quarters 7 years in a row or when they dominated all the way for an easy NC last season.

Ferris's defense is legit. GVSU's high-powered offense could hardly move the ball against them in either matchup this season. Their offense is the worst it's been in years--- bad passing game and a lack of explosive plays. Just don't let them get within the 10 yard line because there's no stopping running QB Carson Gulker in those situations.

I hope WF goes up to Big Rapids and beats them again because I'm a bitter GVSU fans, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate Ferris

Comment

WF hasn't played a great D and Ferris hasn't played a great O. Should be fun to watch.

One thing I would bet on. WF isn't going to line up and run over Ferris for 250 yards.

Comment

WF wants a track meet. Ferris wants a rock fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Ferris defense is definitely great. Their offense is pretty meh. Holding them under 21 is doable for a good defense. Scoring more than 21 on them is pretty tough, though.
                  WF will score 42 and easily win trust me

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
                    Lol Tony Annese shrinks in big games? When? Definitely not when he's gone 11-3 against GVSU (often getting huge wins on the road to either secure playoff berth or advance in the playoffs) or made it to the quarters 7 years in a row or when they dominated all the way for an easy NC last season.

Ferris's defense is legit. GVSU's high-powered offense could hardly move the ball against them in either matchup this season. Their offense is the worst it's been in years--- bad passing game and a lack of explosive plays. Just don't let them get within the 10 yard line because there's no stopping running QB Carson Gulker in those situations.

I hope WF goes up to Big Rapids and beats them again because I'm a bitter GVSU fans, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate Ferris
                    GVSU would lose to WF also lets be real here. Ferris will be lucky to score 14 points on Saturday Defense is going to give up 42 and WF will score early and often

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      WF wants a track meet. Ferris wants a rock fight.
                      42-14 WF

Comment

Mars Hill is SO much more confident in this game than I am, haha.
                        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

The planet where Ferris has made it to the last four semifinals and only has 1 championship to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I think of all people to ask, it's funny that you asked a guy named MARS Hill what planet he lives on.
                            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                              Mars Hill is SO much more confident in this game than I am, haha.
                              LOL i saw them play at LR and the offense looked horrible then didn't know it was going to be a trend for the whole season. That's a recipe for Disaster soon. Soon will be Saturday. Congrats on making it this far and probably beating Ferris @ Ferris and winning the Natty again. You guys have a great program and we are really grateful for the Newtons they were taught so much over at uwf that they brought with them to Mars Hill. Go Argos represent SR2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X