Clear All

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Fair isn't equal.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I thought this was a very interesting conversation. While it was mostly centered on football, I think it is just as important for other sports, especially basketball and volleyball. There is quite a bit of fine tuning to be made on the ideas that were bantered about, but I think a framework is there. I think it is very possible to have much more even championship fields, without a significant increase in costs as well. I also think the idea that "This is how we've always done it" or "This way is easiest" are pervasive thoughts with D2 and need to be changed. Mike might catch some flack from his fellow conference commissioners when talking about reducing the funding the NCAA sends to conferences, but it shows he is willing to seriously address the D2 championships. I fear getting buy in from conferences outside of the middle of the country might be a difficult task.
    At least the conversation is happening. I do think the lower level/weaker conferences will fight any big changes. Wrestling (4 regions) gave two of the stronger ones an additional qualifier for a year or two and that didn't go over well. Not fair!!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    I thought this was a very interesting conversation. While it was mostly centered on football, I think it is just as important for other sports, especially basketball and volleyball. There is quite a bit of fine tuning to be made on the ideas that were bantered about, but I think a framework is there. I think it is very possible to have much more even championship fields, without a significant increase in costs as well. I also think the idea that "This is how we've always done it" or "This way is easiest" are pervasive thoughts with D2 and need to be changed. Mike might catch some flack from his fellow conference commissioners when talking about reducing the funding the NCAA sends to conferences, but it shows he is willing to seriously address the D2 championships. I fear getting buy in from conferences outside of the middle of the country might be a difficult task.

Leave a comment:

• Video: Should Division II Overhaul the Playoff System? - with Mike Racy

https://www.youtube.com/live/EfYRspa4ogQ?feature=share

FYI.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X