Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy hell was that released right after I replied? I even went to their website and it only let me go as far as 2022!

Travel schedule is brutal. Closest away game is Kirksville at 4+ Hours. NSIC offered them at least 4 road trips as close as that!
    Last edited by zimmy21; 06-08-2023, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

holy hell was that released right after I replied? I even went to their website and it only let me go as far as 2022!

Travel schedule is brutal. Closest away game is Kirksville at 4+ Hours. NSIC offered them at least 4 road trips as close as that!
      Never understood the Cocks leaving a stable NSIC for the GLVC. UIU was strong in men's BB and wrestling at least. The road trips in the NSIC south were within 5 hours on interstate highways. Doubt they will be playing strong NSIC football teams anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Never understood the Cocks leaving a stable NSIC for the GLVC. UIU was strong in men's BB and wrestling at least. The road trips in the NSIC south were within 5 hours on interstate highways. Doubt they will be playing strong NSIC football teams anytime soon.
        Yeah I think they did it for competition sake, otherwise the move makes little sense. I will miss that logo on the roster, the field was great too.

Comment

Yeah I think they did it for competition sake, otherwise the move makes little sense. I will miss that logo on the roster, the field was great too.
          That entire conference was set up so they could be competitive with each other, support a lot of sports, and underfund them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That entire conference was set up so they could be competitive with each other, support a lot of sports, and underfund them all.
            I don't know I guess 6 of their former members are now D1 so it can't be all that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I think he means that all PSAC teams are playing 11 games, including the one non-conference game, for the 2023 season.
              IUP hasn't scheduled a Week 1 opponent for at least the past 3 seasons......

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

FYI the GLVC was founded in 1978. It started sponsoring football in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

IUP hasn't scheduled a Week 1 opponent for at least the past 3 seasons......
                  I don't know about 2020 (COVID year cancellation), but IUP played New Haven in 2019; I can't recall if that was supposed to be home-and-home where the 2020 game was cancelled. And you're correct about the past two seasons. In the past decade, IUP hadn't scheduled a Week 1 opponent in 2015/2016 and 2021/2022.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I don't know about 2020 (COVID year cancellation), but IUP played New Haven in 2019; I can't recall if that was supposed to be home-and-home where the 2020 game was cancelled. And you're correct about the past two seasons. In the past decade, IUP hadn't scheduled a Week 1 opponent in 2015/2016 and 2021/2022.
                    I'm counting this season...

Comment

I don't know I guess 6 of their former members are now D1 so it can't be all that bad?
                      I think they are pretty good in some sports, but offering a lot of sports is important to them. At least that's what I have gleaned from the boards here.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalfan View Post

FYI the GLVC was founded in 1978. It started sponsoring football in 2012.
                        I didn't realize that. My comment still stands as far as the current iteration that includes football.

They seemed to attract members who value participating in a variety of sports over being super competitive in a handful of sports. I don't know if that has always been the case, but that is the reason I heard for Truman, Elwood, and others joining that conference.

Comment

Although, I always wondered if Elwood didn't go GLVC looking for a travel partner to move to D1 with them.

Comment

Central Washington picks up a Sep. 9th home game against NAIA Montana Tech, bringing them back to 10 games scheduled.

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

Comment

Lincoln-PA (CIAA) will travel to Post (IND) in Week 2.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Lincoln-PA (CIAA) will travel to Post (IND) in Week 2.
                                And that will just about do it for this thread, other than an expected Post vs. Southern Connecticut game in Week 9.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X