Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    McKinney is probably like any other school district. The locker room probably needed a few things here and there, maybe some paint and whatnot.

Stay Classy Ferris.
    No. The facility is top notch and not in any state of disrepair whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No. The facility is top notch and WAS not in any state of disrepair whatsoever.
      Fixed it for you. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

What did they do that required repainting?
        Generally speaking when you repair drywall you paint it afterwards...and if thats a big walll it can be hard to blend in so just paint the wall....and getting things out of ceiling tiles is almost impossible...so again, you replace...and not easy around sprinkler heads and all that...I am waiting for these guys to set off the sprinkler system next year...anyone seen that happen before?...LOL...lets just play ball kids.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Generally speaking when you repair drywall you paint it afterwards...and if thats a big walll it can be hard to blend in so just paint the wall....and getting things out of ceiling tiles is almost impossible...so again, you replace...and not easy around sprinkler heads and all that...I am waiting for these guys to set off the sprinkler system next year...anyone seen that happen before?...LOL...lets just play ball kids.
          They knocked holes in drywall and tore up ceiling tiles? That's pretty ott.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            As a man who enjoys premium cigars, the penalty is Bull...cough Bull...cough. Shame on the school district who was paid handsomely for hosting the game for the inflated cleaning bill. Back in the 70's our HS bathrooms smellethed of herb and
            tobacco, but then again everybody knew smoking wasn't allowed in school
            Cigars smell good. no need to cleanup.

I am with you on enjoying them as well

Comment

Read the thread in the GLIAC section for a more informed assessment.
              I will go take a read. My comments were based on the NCAA press release so my comments were stated accordingly. Why they wouldn't be upfront on the reason is odd and of course dishonest

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                Frankly, the way the NCAA worded this, FSU comes across as being the victim. Not sure why the NCAA didn't paint the whole picture. Like they have to protect FSU or something? Heck, if you're issuing a penalty, why not be public with the factors that went into it?
                my thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Didn't read this on ESPN. Thought the ncaa used the cigar issue as the main reason for suspension.
                  correct. the NCAA said it was a cigar issue. why mistate that

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                    The long and short is simple...in 2021 Ferris nuked the locker room in Texas post game to the point the damages were over 10K...I have seen the pics...not good...McKinney actually told the NCAA they might not want the game back again...NCAA paid for it all and all is good...then in 2022 despite being told to not do this Ferris did it again in the locker room...this time the NCAA is having Ferris pay it direct and came after Tony for lack of leadership in the matter...one game off...I have seen what Ferris did to the GVSU visitors locker room this year...I like to call this a pattern...LOL...GVSU did nothing other than bring in a cleaning crew to repair the mess and sent no bills...I know this cause I spent 3 hours of my night post game in there cleaning that mess up..we replaced ceiling tiles and painted on Sunday...personally I find it pretty ****ing sad that after a win you feel the need to tear up the joint...but thats just me...post game fights and all that aside...Ferris is better than this I would hope. I know if GVSU left a mess like this I would lose my job...yea...I am the GVSU Equipment manager and I can tell you how we leave a locker room win or lose...its cleaned and back exactly as we found it...thats the GVSU standard. I hope maybe this story goes away and we are done with all this ****. Play football, get en education and move the F on. But thats just me.

The one game post season deal seems odd to me but then I can never figure out what the NCAA does...you do know that at D2 almost ALL of the NCAA is self reported..so...
                    certainly interesting. Why the NCAA didn't just say this is odd

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

correct. the NCAA said it was a cigar issue. why mistate that
                      https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/3/23/...primanded.aspx

this press release?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        First time I read this. Lazy on my part. No mention of the cigars eh? Did the media try to make the smoking the bigger deal as opposed to the locker room trashings? I also wonder what "recently" means here (from the article) "not an isolated instance given the program has committed multiple cases of misconduct recently"

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Did the media try to make the smoking the bigger deal as opposed to the locker room trashings?
                          The smoking aspect leads to creative headlines and interesting ledes. It was a chance to be snarky and creative.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                            the story I read specifccally mentioned two players smoking cigars. That is what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

They knocked holes in drywall and tore up ceiling tiles? That's pretty ott.
                              I think the issue is when they tear things off the wall damage can occur. Gator aid sprayed on the ceiing can also ruin celing tiles..as can smoke...they didnt hammer things but the locker rooms need to be brought back to the way they were before the game. The smoking was an issue as well for the ceiling tiles. Cant get that smell out.

Comment

The smoking aspect leads to creative headlines and interesting ledes. It was a chance to be snarky and creative.
                                What a generous description of clickbait.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X