Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagles73 View Post
    The NCAA was so mad at LSU and Joe Burrow for this, that they put Akron on 5 year probation!
    very solid

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      So you can’t have tobacco on the premises but this being Texastan do they still let the locals carry their concealed weapons into the stadium?
      NOTHING worse than tobacco.

Of course we love pot, It's mind bogling to me

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

NOTHING worse than tobacco.

Of course we love pot, It's mind bogling to me
        Read the thread in the GLIAC section for a more informed assessment.

Comment

Frankly, the way the NCAA worded this, FSU comes across as being the victim. Not sure why the NCAA didn't paint the whole picture. Like they have to protect FSU or something? Heck, if you're issuing a penalty, why not be public with the factors that went into it?

Comment

As a man who enjoys premium cigars, the penalty is Bull...cough Bull...cough. Shame on the school district who was paid handsomely for hosting the game for the inflated cleaning bill. Back in the 70's our HS bathrooms smellethed of herb and
            tobacco, but then again everybody knew smoking wasn't allowed in school

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
              Frankly, the way the NCAA worded this, FSU comes across as being the victim. Not sure why the NCAA didn't paint the whole picture. Like they have to protect FSU or something? Heck, if you're issuing a penalty, why not be public with the factors that went into it?
              I agree with Redwing on this. One one hand they're saying they pulled down Ferris posters or memorabilia in the locker room and the NCAA took exception to that. Then they' resaying they did 15k worth of damage to the locker room. If that's the case, probably should lead with that as the headline. Wondering if they really did that much damage or is Mckinney sticking it to em'. But hey, this is the same NCAA telling Harbaugh to fess up about lying about buying a guy a cheeseburger. Guess they're feeling empowered now.

Comment

ESPN wrote the headline, not the ncaa.

Comment

Wonder how much having a player suspended from the playoffs for using a helmet as a weapon, factored in on this action.
                  Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    ESPN is one of the worst when it comes to bait and switch headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
                      Wonder how much having a player suspended from the playoffs for using a helmet as a weapon, factored in on this action.
                      Directly factored in? Probably not, but that also with some of the other behaviors the NCAA has been upset with them about had to have been in the back of the NCAA’s mind leading to them maybe choosing the high end of punishments possible for this specific incident.

Comment

The long and short is simple...in 2021 Ferris nuked the locker room in Texas post game to the point the damages were over 10K...I have seen the pics...not good...McKinney actually told the NCAA they might not want the game back again...NCAA paid for it all and all is good...then in 2022 despite being told to not do this Ferris did it again in the locker room...this time the NCAA is having Ferris pay it direct and came after Tony for lack of leadership in the matter...one game off...I have seen what Ferris did to the GVSU visitors locker room this year...I like to call this a pattern...LOL...GVSU did nothing other than bring in a cleaning crew to repair the mess and sent no bills...I know this cause I spent 3 hours of my night post game in there cleaning that mess up..we replaced ceiling tiles and painted on Sunday...personally I find it pretty ****ing sad that after a win you feel the need to tear up the joint...but thats just me...post game fights and all that aside...Ferris is better than this I would hope. I know if GVSU left a mess like this I would lose my job...yea...I am the GVSU Equipment manager and I can tell you how we leave a locker room win or lose...its cleaned and back exactly as we found it...thats the GVSU standard. I hope maybe this story goes away and we are done with all this ****. Play football, get en education and move the F on. But thats just me.

The one game post season deal seems odd to me but then I can never figure out what the NCAA does...you do know that at D2 almost ALL of the NCAA is self reported..so...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                          Didn't read this on ESPN. Thought the ncaa used the cigar issue as the main reason for suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Didn't read this on ESPN. Thought the ncaa used the cigar issue as the main reason for suspension.
                            Nope, the cigars were not the issue. The issue was the NCAA warned Ferris in 2021 that this was not acceptable behavior. The site rep at the GVSU playoff game was pissed as well but GVSU never went after Ferris for it. McKinney School district did go after Ferris and the NCAA. The NCAA does not like telling a school no and then the school basically says F you to the NCAA and thats not gonna work period. If I were the Ferris AD I would look at the pattern of how my team damages other teams locker rooms. D2 Schools don't have the budgets to clean up after other teams messes. Light em up outside...be the D2 Oakland Raiders if thats your style...who gives a damn...just dont be dicks and damage other schools facilities. It really doesn't seem all that hard to understand does it? Tony knows what went on...he was in all the locker rooms. Sorry Tony, they got ya again. Dont let it get to the GRCC point this time ok?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

The fact that they were given a warning last year makes it less ridiculous, but I still think the $15,000 cleaning bill is a scam.

They should have smoked a whole bunch of pot. They wouldn't be suspended, they wouldn't have to pay for anything, and they would be celebrated.
                              McKinney is probably like any other school district. The locker room probably needed a few things here and there, maybe some paint and whatnot. When you got proof that someone else violated the rule of your facility with the tobacco and general trashing of the room itself, it would behoove McKinney to pitch a fit, and get that cleaning and new paint job paid for by Ferris if they can, especially if the NCAA is going to back them.

Stay Classy Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                                The long and short is simple...in 2021 Ferris nuked the locker room in Texas post game to the point the damages were over 10K...I have seen the pics...not good...McKinney actually told the NCAA they might not want the game back again...NCAA paid for it all and all is good...then in 2022 despite being told to not do this Ferris did it again in the locker room...this time the NCAA is having Ferris pay it direct and came after Tony for lack of leadership in the matter...one game off...I have seen what Ferris did to the GVSU visitors locker room this year...I like to call this a pattern...LOL...GVSU did nothing other than bring in a cleaning crew to repair the mess and sent no bills...I know this cause I spent 3 hours of my night post game in there cleaning that mess up..we replaced ceiling tiles and painted on Sunday...personally I find it pretty ****ing sad that after a win you feel the need to tear up the joint...but thats just me...post game fights and all that aside...Ferris is better than this I would hope. I know if GVSU left a mess like this I would lose my job...yea...I am the GVSU Equipment manager and I can tell you how we leave a locker room win or lose...its cleaned and back exactly as we found it...thats the GVSU standard. I hope maybe this story goes away and we are done with all this ****. Play football, get en education and move the F on. But thats just me.

The one game post season deal seems odd to me but then I can never figure out what the NCAA does...you do know that at D2 almost ALL of the NCAA is self reported..so...
                                What did they do that required repainting?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X