• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 - D2 Football (Show & Release)

https://www.youtube.com/live/UMhjjosgFGA?feature=share

Our first show of the new season.

Show was fun. Thanks for doing it.

Comment

Good show as usual. Looking forward to more.

Comment

These rankings are lazy when it comes to the Southern teams. Limestone returns enough starters to be ranked. Newberry returns enough starters to be ranked.

The knock on Newberry is that they aren’t returning enough starters and the QB is gone but when asked about Wingate he said “they are returning a COUPLE starters on defense, and the QB is a big question mark”. So how are they ranked #18? Wingate had a cake walk to the 3rd round of the playoffs, let’s be real.

Limestone had one of the most explosive offenses in the COUNTRY and returned 9 starters. No love?

Just come out and say you do no research on the SAC and GSC and you just throw LR and Wingate on there yearly for namesake reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post
          These rankings are lazy when it comes to the Southern teams. Limestone returns enough starters to be ranked. Newberry returns enough starters to be ranked.

The knock on Newberry is that they aren’t returning enough starters and the QB is gone but when asked about Wingate he said “they are returning a COUPLE starters on defense, and the QB is a big question mark”. So how are they ranked #18? Wingate had a cake walk to the 3rd round of the playoffs, let’s be real.

Limestone had one of the most explosive offenses in the COUNTRY and returned 9 starters. No love?

Just come out and say you do no research on the SAC and GSC and you just throw LR and Wingate on there yearly for namesake reasons.
          Did you even watch the whole show, orrrrrrrrrr....
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Did you even watch the whole show, orrrrrrrrrr....
            I’ll be honest, I’m still watching. I paused and posted this after #18!

Comment

I’ll be honest, I’m still watching. I paused and posted this after #18!
              Update, just watched the “No Newberry?” question and answer. Again, Wingate returns less starters offensively and defensively than Newberry and Limestone, they don’t have a QB either, and yet still ranked #18.

Comment

There was 3 GSC teams ranked in the deal....2 of them in the top 10.

As for the SAC, personally I gave Wingate kudos for winning 2 playoff games on the road (while Newberry was done for the year) and they return a few Elite 100 defenders, which makes me feel like their D can be really strong again. I would've had Newberry in the 26-30 grouping and while I like Limestone and what coach is doing there, they don't have history to help support them as a program at this point and in those cases most voters in the poll will wait for a squad to further prove themselves. Overall I think all 3 of these squads are pretty close..and this is merely a preseason poll.

Comment

I always appreciate all that you guys do. You all have become a Sunday night tradition for me.

Comment

I’d take Limestone over both Wingate and Newberry if I had my pick. They’re returning much more of the team from last year. Limestone has the potential to grow.

Comment

Update, just watched the “No Newberry?” question and answer. Again, Wingate returns less starters offensively and defensively than Newberry and Limestone, they don’t have a QB either, and yet still ranked #18.
                      Limestone's QB this year is going to be a guy who was third-string at GVSU, so I'm not sure the QB argument is a great one.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Like the GV guy said on the show. Polls are good conversation starters and nothing more. We all know there are unranked teams who would spank some of the top 25.

Regionality makes d2 polls harder to do than FBS polls, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                          I always appreciate all that you guys do. You all have become a Sunday night tradition for me.
                          Thanks much for tuning in..we enjoy covering the D2 level.

Comment

Newberry lost their entire offense literally. 90+% of their offense, including the only guy who truly scared anyone in Anderson.
                            Last edited by canadarican; 08-22-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Enjoyed the top 25 show and looking forward to all the shows this season. As far as preseason polls go, it all shakes out at the end when the top seven are selected. Just win and you’ll move up to your earned spot- most of the time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X