Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matocha or Zebrowski?

Who would you rather have leading your football team?

I'd say Matocha at this point because of his experience. For a sophomore Jack Strand MSUM checks all boxes, 6'5" 220. 3314 pass yds. 32 td 8int. 67.2 %

Comment

Danny Woodhead

Comment

John Matocha is the most valuable player in D2 football at this point. He’s a leader on and off the field, has incredible game sense, is very elusive, runs well, and is a great passer.

The whole Mines team loves him and his love for the game is unfathomable. He’s a gamer through and through and is insanely smart. Getting (and excelling in) a Bachelors and Masters in Mines’ vigorous Comp Sci program is something he should be very proud of 😊

I think he’ll have a decent shot to get some action at the next level, but the only thing holding him back is his naturally petite size :(

Zebrowski is putting up huge numbers this year and is the Harlon Hill front runner in my opinion. However, Matocha is just too good year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
          John Matocha is the most valuable player in D2 football at this point. He’s a leader on and off the field, has incredible game sense, is very elusive, runs well, and is a great passer.

The whole Mines team loves him and his love for the game is unfathomable. He’s a gamer through and through and is insanely smart. Getting (and excelling in) a Bachelors and Masters in Mines’ vigorous Comp Sci program is something he should be very proud of 😊

I think he’ll have a decent shot to get some action at the next level, but the only thing holding him back is his naturally petite size :(

Zebrowski is putting up huge numbers this year and is the Harlon Hill front runner in my opinion. However, Matocha is just too good year in and year out.
          There's zero way he sees NFL action. Listed at 5'11 180, and who knows if that's accurate, with average arm strength simply isn't going to cut it. He's a great D2 QB in the perfect system for his skillset. RMAC DCs will be happy to see him graduate.

Comment

Pat Hayden was starting QB for the LA Rams at 5'9" and 180.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
              Pat Hayden was starting QB for the LA Rams at 5'9" and 180.
              Indeed, 40 years ago an undersized QB, he was 5'11 according to what I see, from a tiny school called USC was able to play 5 years in the NFL. D2 QBs struggle to get NFL looks even if they're 6'7 (that's a huge Bonner) and have a stronger arm than Matocha.

Comment

I think it's hard to say... which is a huge compliment to Zebrowski.

I think this year, Matocha is making more out of less, in that he has fewer explosive options than he has had in previous seasons. But his stats nearly mirror what he did last year. That said, I fully trust his ability to completely dismantle most defenses if he had more receiving options who could straight win their matchup on every play.

Zebrowski has that advantage, in terms of having studs to throw to all over the field. And, he is actually dismantling defenses. It's one thing to have a bunch of guys who can run and catch, it's another to make the right read, make the right throw and do it in ways that allow for those receivers to make plays after they catch the ball. Zach is doing that at an extremely high level.

The thing that flips the conversation, for me, is the fact that Matocha has made 10 starts in the playoffs so far, and he has played exceedingly well in those starts (2,698 yds, 64.6%, 30 TD, 5 INT, 7 Rush TD, 7-3 record). It's not a talent choice, it's simply an experience choice. They are both studs and capable of doing great things this year on the biggest stage.

As an aside, it scares the hell out of me that CMU has even the smallest potential to be moved to SR4 for the PO's. I have zero issue with Zach leading CMU to the Natty, but not doing it at the expense of (Potentially) multiple RMAC teams. lol

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                  I think it's hard to say... which is a huge compliment to Zebrowski.

I think this year, Matocha is making more out of less, in that he has fewer explosive options than he has had in previous seasons. But his stats nearly mirror what he did last year. That said, I fully trust his ability to completely dismantle most defenses if he had more receiving options who could straight win their matchup on every play.

Zebrowski has that advantage, in terms of having studs to throw to all over the field. And, he is actually dismantling defenses. It's one thing to have a bunch of guys who can run and catch, it's another to make the right read, make the right throw and do it in ways that allow for those receivers to make plays after they catch the ball. Zach is doing that at an extremely high level.

The thing that flips the conversation, for me, is the fact that Matocha has made 10 starts in the playoffs so far, and he has played exceedingly well in those starts (2,698 yds, 64.6%, 30 TD, 5 INT, 7 Rush TD, 7-3 record). It's not a talent choice, it's simply an experience choice. They are both studs and capable of doing great things this year on the biggest stage.

As an aside, it scares the hell out of me that CMU has even the smallest potential to be moved to SR4 for the PO's. I have zero issue with Zach leading CMU to the Natty, but not doing it at the expense of (Potentially) multiple RMAC teams. lol
                  I think they would only do that, if it reduces the number of flights first round, But UCM would have to fly to any of the top 4 teams currently in region 4. Even Augustana would have to fly to any top team in SR3 Except Pitt. But theyre going to get a first round bye ;).

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post

I’m also going with Matocha and I love the idea but John won’t get a shot at the next level. If I’m wrong I will love eating every bit of that crow but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                      Danny Woodhead
                      This will NEVER not be funny hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        Who would you rather have leading your football team?

Zebrowski is the better passer. Matocha is the better dual threat and has more experience. All depends on what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Indeed, 40 years ago an undersized QB, he was 5'11 according to what I see, from a tiny school called USC was able to play 5 years in the NFL. D2 QBs struggle to get NFL looks even if they're 6'7 (that's a huge Bonner) and have a stronger arm than Matocha.
                          They lied about his height being 5'11". But that is still the norm.

Comment

Since the question was lead your team. I would have to go with Matocha. He plays with more heart that I have seen from most other D2 players.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                              Since the question was lead your team. I would have to go with Matocha. He plays with more heart that I have seen from most other D2 players.
                              Jimmy McGinty would love him

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X