Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    Harding runs over LR - breaks LR season record for most rushing yards against LR - good on them - Harding does a nice job and I wish them luck but what I don't like is they don't have a watcher friendly product unless they are your team - for anyone else, the 3 or 4 yards and a cloud of dust does not interest them and is a boring type of game
    It definitely lends to the "d2 is barely better than HS ball" mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

That’s it? By the looks of things I might guess 4.
      They shot themselves in the foot early on the game and it kinda looks like they quit on the game early.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I mention GV because of your Entitlement Syndrome..I mean what was the difference if Harding beat you this week instead of last week?

The playoffs have proved what I’ve been saying all along that the vast majority of D2 are closer LR in scope and the power teams are the exception. So either they move up or you cut the playoff field so 97 percent of the D2 members never see a playoff game and only 7-8 entitled teams have their playoff circle jerk every year. If only to stop the incessant whining of Region 3 fanboys.
        well, that's what the big boys do - the teams like yours never see the playoffs let alone the championship game, why do you think this division should be any different?

Comment

• Harding 55 - LR 14 FINAL

Comment

NO - you have to buy ESPN+ - MOST people don't have it - these games today are going unwatched
            You don't already have ESPN Plus..

Comment

• The funny thing about the paywall thing is that people were ok with it being on ESPN which is way more expensive than the other games were.

Comment

that can be said for every level to some extent except for those 10 to 20 top teams in the BCS - does anyone really care about the rest other than their alumni? - probably not - all you can do is keep putting out a good product and see who watches
                Yep. 90 percent of FCS literally has no chance of ever making the expanded playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

You don't already have ESPN Plus..
                  I do, but I pay for it. I don't have regular espn or cable, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    I don't think anybody here has wanted the games behind a paywall. Heck, technically ESPN+ is a paywall, but most people probably already have access to it. If anything putting all of the games on ESPN plus probably would be a better option.
                    I didn’t and I pay Comcast a lot of money..said it was a third party app.

Comment

I mention GV because of your Entitlement Syndrome..I mean what was the difference if Harding beat you this week instead of last week? Nobody would still be watching.

The playoffs have proved what I’ve been saying all along that the vast majority of D2 are closer LR in scope and the power teams are the exception. So either they move up or you cut the playoff field so 97 percent of the D2 members never see a playoff game and only 7-8 entitled teams have their playoff circle jerk every year. If only to stop the incessant whining of Region 3 fanboys.
                      Because GV/Harding was a competitive game that would get more eyeballs on a popular platform this week than it got last week, and more eyeballs than this abomination of a game got today.

I, again, still don't understand why you think anyone asking teams to actually try and compete for a championship in a sports competition is somehow "entitlement". Stop being ****ty at the competitive sport. Stop making the entire sport look bad. What's the difference between Harding and LR? They're in relatively the same area of the country. Relatively the same amount of students. One is actually committed to national success and competes against better competition. One isn't and doesn't.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Yep. 90 percent of FCS literally has no chance of ever making the expanded playoffs.
                        True, but their playoff system will never be done like d2 because it would kill the marketability of that playoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

That’s it? By the looks of things I might guess 4.
                          The top of the GAC has been scheming the option for 10 + years now. That’s an advantage. LR did just beat Valdosta soundly. 4 is a stretch imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Because GV/Harding was a competitive game that would get more eyeballs on a popular platform this week than it got last week, and more eyeballs than this abomination of a game got today.

I, again, still don't understand why you think anyone asking teams to actually try and compete for a championship in a sports competition is somehow "entitlement". Stop being ****ty at the competitive sport. Stop making the entire sport look bad.
                            It wouldn’t. You over estimate the lure of these matchups.

I bet hardly anyone is watching FCS either. Everyone is out shopping today.. sunny and warm here in PA…nobody is home watching lower level foosball. The only game today with viewers will be Army/Navy.

Comment

It wouldn’t. You over estimate the lure of these matchups.

I bet hardly anyone is watching FCS either. Everyone is out shopping today.. sunny and warm here in PA…nobody is home watching lower level foosball. The only game today with viewers will be Army/Navy.
                              You're right. I'm absolutely stupid and out of step to suggest that the best teams be playing against each other in the end of the playoffs. How stupid of me. Carry on with the scrimmages.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but you could remove the entirety of SR3, and still nobody from SR1 is going to win a national title in your lifetime.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Not sure about that. People don't even stay tuned in for NFL rockfights, let alone that defense fest from last week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X