Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Glanville named DC at Northwestern Oklahoma State

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...oklahoma-state

Jerry Glanville named defensive coordinator at Division II Northwestern Oklahoma State. Glanville, 82, has 57 years of coaching experience, including 8 years as NFL coach. He joins the Rangers, who were 1-10 last year.

Well....not sure how to best take this news. Out of the blue, head-shaking, colorful, and more than anything..entertaining.

Saw this quote today..regarding this development.

"When I accepted this job at Northwestern, I promised to do everything in my power to bring back the winning tradition of the Ranger Football program. Bringing coach Jerry Glanville is a major step in that direction," second-year head coach Ronnie Jones in their release of the news.

"He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to our program. He is considered one of the greatest defensive coaches to ever coach the game and I can't wait to watch him turn our defense into a dominating unit."

Comment

Elvis sighting in Alva...........

Comment

For the NWOSU defense there’s no where to go but up

Comment

Why not? Ya gotta think it gives the program a little buzz of energy. And in this crazy ass world of college football these days why the hell not? I doubt anyone is gonna come out with anything that old Jerry hasnt seen before. And the guy believes in Elvis. That alone has me rooting for him. 82 is only tens years older than I am so yea...the dude is in his prime. Good luck to him.

Comment

82 and still coaching, that's very impressive. Best wishes to Jerry Glanville and the Rangers. That would make a good name for a country rock band. :D

Comment

He played at Northern Michigan so at his core he's a D2 guy anyway, right? Hey, if he can be a good teacher on life and the game I say let'er rip...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                "When I accepted this job at Northwestern, I promised to do everything in my power to bring back the winning tradition of the Ranger Football program. Bringing coach Jerry Glanville is a major step in that direction," second-year head coach Ronnie Jones in their release of the news.
                I think I speak for a lot of D2 football fans when I ask, in all seriousness:

What winning tradition at NWOSU?
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                  Why not? Ya gotta think it gives the program a little buzz of energy. And in this crazy ass world of college football these days why the hell not? I doubt anyone is gonna come out with anything that old Jerry hasnt seen before. And the guy believes in Elvis. That alone has me rooting for him. 82 is only tens years older than I am so yea...the dude is in his prime. Good luck to him.
                  Pretty sure Bill Snyder coached until he was 704 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I think I speak for a lot of D2 football fans when I ask, in all seriousness:

What winning tradition at NWOSU?
                    They, at times, had success in the NAIA. From time to time, they were NAIA powerhouses. They lack the recourses to replicate this success in D2.

Comment

NWOSU won the 1999 NAIA natty from what I recall..and made deep playoff runs in the years that followed. Lost in the chip in 2003, I believe and such. They were a hard nosed team during that time and Patrick Crayton (former Dallas Cowboy WR) was a do everything guy for them back then. I think most assumed they'd hit the ground running in D2 (GAC) but there were signs of falling off a bit just before they made the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Elvis sighting in Alva...........
                        LOL, I was just about to ask if he's going to leave tickets for Elvis every week at will call like he used to do when he was with the Atlanta Falcons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X