Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I have actually suggested that the MEC fight fire with fire and start targeting and actively wooing current members of other conferences, but it doesn't seem like that is in the MEC's DNA.
      And migration to warmer climates wasn't in the DNA of dinosaurs and we all know where that left them when the last ICE AGE arrived. Adapt or perish.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        And migration to warmer climates wasn't in the DNA of dinosaurs and we all know where that left them when the last ICE AGE arrived. Adapt or perish.
        Hummm...Are you saying conferences should feel free to poach other conferences? Interesting. You could make a pretty good MEC North/Largely religion division out of NDC, Mercyhurst, Gannon, Seton Hill, Wheeling and perhaps WLU.

So are you predicting a 66 million year run for the MEC?
        Last edited by boatcapt; 07-03-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Hummm...Are you saying conferences should feel free to poach other conferences? Interesting.

So are you predicting a 66 million year run for the MEC?
          Standards are good as a guide but you deal with the reality of the fight. If Marquis of Queensbury all right, but if it devolves into a street fight then biting, kicking, eye gouging it is. Adapt or perish.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Standards are good as a guide but you deal with the reality of the fight. If Marquis of Queensbury all right, but if it devolves into a street fight then biting, kicking, eye gouging it is. Adapt or perish.
            Having standards, like having morals, are easy when times are good. I'd personally rather be part of a conference that holds true to it's standards and loses than to be part of a conference that wins but sacrifises it's standards to do so.

But that's just me.

Comment

Having standards, like having morals, are easy when times are good. I'd personally rather be part of a conference that holds true to it's standards and loses than to be part of a conference that wins but sacrifises it's standards to do so.

But that's just me.
              Yep, that's true.

Comment

Comment

Back when the conf first started, NDC and Urbana contacted the MEC and basically said what do you have to offer us.

Comment

Comment

The active wooing and standing offer to NDC and Urbana was relayed by numerous NDC fans on this board. For several years there were active and regular posts made about the GMAC offers and the move of NDC that was going to be announced "any day now." Last year, the standing offer morphed into a pending swap agreement that involved the GMAC and the MEC agreeing to swap NDC and Urbana to the GMAC in exchange for two of the worst GMAC teams.

Comment

No beef with the SAC visa vie the Wise move.

Comment

The active wooing and standing offer to NDC and Urbana was relayed by numerous NDC fans on this board. For several years there were active and regular posts made about the GMAC offers and the move of NDC that was going to be announced "any day now." Last year, the standing offer morphed into a pending swap agreement that involved the GMAC and the MEC agreeing to swap NDC and Urbana to the GMAC in exchange for two of the worst GMAC teams.
                          I've been active here for years, and I don't recall one post where someone said there was an actual agreement. It was more speculation based on geography. Please re-post the threads/posts where you claim NDC posters said there would be an announcement "any day now".

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I've been active here for years, and I don't recall one post where someone said there was an actual agreement. It was more speculation based on geography. Please re-post the threads/posts where you claim NDC posters said there would be an announcement "any day now".

Comment

MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                                boatcapt View Post
                                MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer.
                                I give him credit. He manipulates quotes like the best of them. Problem then is that his quotes become unreliable.

I'll sit here and patiently wait for Boat's response. Not going to hold my breath considering that fact that he is caught in a lie.

Horrorchild does a nice job of exposing his false narratives as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X