Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas More comes in 2023 and brings nothing. League is solid, should add NAIA schools Marian Univ and Indiana Wesleyan to get to 14 football schools. Then this league would be the top D2 league in SR 1. The PSAC has a lot of dead weight.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
      Thomas More comes in 2023 and brings nothing. League is solid, should add NAIA schools Marian Univ and Indiana Wesleyan to get to 14 football schools. Then this league would be the top D2 league in SR 1. The PSAC has a lot of dead weight.
      Agreed. Nothing against them, but outside geography, they do not add a bunch. All 4 Indiana NAIAs would have been a better move (even with Taylor being somewhat behind the others). I wonder if KWC/TNU ever made the decision to jump ship, would Thomas More be tempted to join (at least alongside KWC) in the GLVC?

Particularly, I love the rivalries that move would create, especially alongside a Uindy to the GMAC move. You could have big games such as:

Uindy vs. Marian - Northside vs. Southside of Indianapolis, could get wild if they moved it downtown too
      IWU vs. Taylor - Always a big game as both teams are in the same county
      Saint Francis vs. Marian - historical rival, usually 2 Top 10 programs in NAIA
      Saint Francis vs. Findlay/Tiffin/Hillsdale - great regional matchup around northwest Ohio and northeast Indiana and southern Michigan
      Taylor vs. Cedarville/Malone/Walsh - matchup of the all the super Christian schools may get interesting

Comment

Originally posted by eagler927 View Post
        Eagles fan sweated it out against ODU. Now Tiffin comes to town. One question...why would you play Tiffin on Homecoming? I always like to have a sure "W" on Homecoming weekend.

This is a huge game for AU. Win this one and you have a great shot at an undefeated season and a good seeding in the playoffs. Tiffin will be ready. There chances at making the playoffs hinge on winning this game.

Overall, I'm excited where we are at with GMAC Football. Obviously there's no Ferris or GVSU, but Ashland is showing it's back to a playoff level. Tiffin has been consistently good as has ODU. We know Findlay is a solid program. It appears the middle of the road teams in the conference are getting more competitive. It's good the GMAC is not in Region 3. That region is a nightmare! It's actually unfair to only have 7 teams come out of that region. Let's hope the GMAC keeps getting better, to the point we can count on 2-3 teams making the postseason every year.
        I don't know this for a fact, but I think they pushed Homecoming out this year because they wanted most of the major work they are doing around campus to be done before people come back. My guess is this was the latest they wanted to move it back. As of yesterday they were still pouring sidewalks and finishing up stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Agreed. Nothing against them, but outside geography, they do not add a bunch. All 4 Indiana NAIAs would have been a better move (even with Taylor being somewhat behind the others). I wonder if KWC/TNU ever made the decision to jump ship, would Thomas More be tempted to join (at least alongside KWC) in the GLVC?

Particularly, I love the rivalries that move would create, especially alongside a Uindy to the GMAC move. You could have big games such as:

Uindy vs. Marian - Northside vs. Southside of Indianapolis, could get wild if they moved it downtown too
          IWU vs. Taylor - Always a big game as both teams are in the same county
          Saint Francis vs. Marian - historical rival, usually 2 Top 10 programs in NAIA
          Saint Francis vs. Findlay/Tiffin/Hillsdale - great regional matchup around northwest Ohio and northeast Indiana and southern Michigan
          Taylor vs. Cedarville/Malone/Walsh - matchup of the all the super Christian schools may get interesting
          None of these schools have shown any interest in joining.

Comment

Ashland is having the kind of season that was the whole reason they should've joined the G-MAC years ago. Let's be honest, until Findlay or Tiffin builds a stadium, Ashland will continually out-recruit and have a pretty clear path to the playoffs every year, and really, a clear path to the final four. Like others have said, this region in football is not particularly strong so if a team gets on a roll like Ashland is, hard to bet against them in the playoffs. Heck, Shepherd has been perennially in the top 10 in recent years and we went and beat them in 2017 and had a good chance late to beat them last season, and neither of those UF teams were world beaters. So props to Ashland. They've got good coaches and they've gotten the support of the department with a stadium and very nice facilities and it's reaping rewards. Until that happens for the other contenders, the Eagles will be the class of the G-MAC in football.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

None of these schools have shown any interest in joining.
              Fair, the point was that they would be hypothetically better fits for the majority of the GMAC than Thomas More.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post
                Ashland is having the kind of season that was the whole reason they should've joined the G-MAC years ago. Let's be honest, until Findlay or Tiffin builds a stadium, Ashland will continually out-recruit and have a pretty clear path to the playoffs every year, and really, a clear path to the final four. Like others have said, this region in football is not particularly strong so if a team gets on a roll like Ashland is, hard to bet against them in the playoffs. Heck, Shepherd has been perennially in the top 10 in recent years and we went and beat them in 2017 and had a good chance late to beat them last season, and neither of those UF teams were world beaters. So props to Ashland. They've got good coaches and they've gotten the support of the department with a stadium and very nice facilities and it's reaping rewards. Until that happens for the other contenders, the Eagles will be the class of the G-MAC in football.
                Ashland has been playing up the fact that Findlay doesn't have their own stadium ever since they built their new one and probably before. AND THEY SHOULD!!! To me UF should be doing a lot better job of getting this done. It seems like they are content with the status quo and just tolerate football.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Ashland has been playing up the fact that Findlay doesn't have their own stadium ever since they built their new one and probably before. AND THEY SHOULD!!! To me UF should be doing a lot better job of getting this done. It seems like they are content with the status quo and just tolerate football.
                  That’s just it. Findlay is going to have to make a decision on their commitment to the football program. The basketball team has had a lot of success, but it also seems that the University has been more willing to put resources in to the basketball program.

To be fair, I am not sure if the basketball program has more alumni donations or not? It sounded like they had a plan to build their own complex not too far back, but nothing ever came of it. I know they’ve updated their weight room and practice facilities, but the fact is, the University not only needs to get out of the high school stadium, but also needs to get a stadium on campus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X