X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timbertopper
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I don't think the MEC uses head to head result as a tie breaker. If you finish with the same conference record as WV State, even if WV State owns the HtoH, I believe you are co-Champions.

I could be wrong on this.
    That's the way it is for most sports in the MEC. They use head-to-head for seeding purposes in sports with post-season tournaments but the regular season champions are recognized as the conference champions for that year. If two (or more) teams finish with the same record at the top of the final standings, they are co-champions.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Won't be this year (or the two following). Frostburg is not eligible for the playoffs because they are reclassifying. Given how they are playing, that's probably a good thing for the rest of SR1!!
    Well at least the MEC.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Agreed. Keep forgetting about their status. Getting old sucks. Definitely look like a force to be reckoned with.
    Staying power is the MEC's problem. Over the years there have been a few programs that have built top tier programs, but then graduation catches up with them and they fall pretty hard. I think Frostburg has "sticking power" and I think they will be very good for a while. Also feel that way with Notre Dame. UC seems to be a team that is always in the "second tier" of the MEC (8-3/7-4 territory). Every now and then they have a "bump up" season though. By and large, they seem consistently good but not consistently great. Same with Fairmont (except this year!!)...typically good but not great. Beyond that, everyone else is super erratic...some years "ok" (6-5 sort of OK) and then others really bad without much rime or reason to it. What you do get a lot in the MEC is a bottom feeding team playing the game of their lives against a top team and giving that team an unexpected loss that knocks them out of the playoffs. MEC team with two losses is not going to make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Won't be this year (or the two following). Frostburg is not eligible for the playoffs because they are reclassifying. Given how they are playing, that's probably a good thing for the rest of SR1!!
    Agreed. Keep forgetting about their status. Getting old sucks. Definitely look like a force to be reckoned with.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Maybe it will be this year, maybe 5 years from now but when FSU takes home that SR 1 title and moves on to the semis, please don't be surprised when you find out why the region is thought of as the weakest of the four. I've fought this fight with fans of teams from all over but sadly NO SR1 team has ever had my back.....YET. It's coming , I'll say within 5 years. Total wild guess

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Think that could only happen if Frostburg wins the rest of their MEC games and WV State ended up losing 2 of their remaining MEC games.
    I don't think the MEC uses head to head result as a tie breaker. If you finish with the same conference record as WV State, even if WV State owns the HtoH, I believe you are co-Champions.

I could be wrong on this.

Leave a comment:

• 4_tattoos
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
    Could Frostbug win the MEC in its first year!
    Think that could only happen if Frostburg wins the rest of their MEC games and WV State ended up losing 2 of their remaining MEC games.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    One of these days these teams are gonna stop telling us we are D3 before the games
    Maybe it will be this year, maybe 5 years from now but when FSU takes home that SR 1 title and moves on to the semis, please don't be surprised when you find out why the region is thought of as the weakest of the four. I've fought this fight with fans of teams from all over but sadly NO SR1 team has ever had my back.....YET. It's coming , I'll say within 5 years. Total wild guess

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    One of these days these teams are gonna stop telling us we are D3 before the games

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Not sure if they can get past Notre Dame College. I don't think Frostburg State's run defense is THAT stout. Guess time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4_tattoos
    replied
    42-7, yikes! I thought Charleston was supposed to be Frostburg's first real test in the Mountain East lol.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Game bobcat defense best in the league

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Not that I believe the score would be 28-0 in favor of Frostburg St at halftime, but I did sense that Charleston would have some steam taken out of them playing that high-scoring lost to Notre Dame College. i am sure they will come on this 2nd half and fight for their fading playoff hopes.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied
    Nothing against Charleston but I am LOVING this! Old school football still works! Go Bobcats!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X