X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Absent any other info (hard to come by in a DII), I'd say it is normal churn...start seeing 5+ players transfering, then I'd think somthing is going on.

So is Shepherd playing any football this spring? Saw a report saying that they want to but no information on who they might play.
    They are hoping to get possibly 1 or 2 games in at the end of spring ball. Doesn't look good though, lot of politics and protocols to deal with between universities in different states seems to be a major hold up. I'd think its just going to be a LONG spring practice routine of about 6 weeks unfortunately though. Hopefully everyone stays healthy, I think the Rams are going to have a hell of a team in the fall.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Speaking of Fairmont... I see that Ramal Faunteroy (DL Coach) kind of abruptly left the program. Also, 2 players that I believe were key parts of a good defense transferred out of the program this spring as well. Are things unraveling a bit down in Fairmont or is this just normal attrition?
    Absent any other info (hard to come by in a DII), I'd say it is normal churn...start seeing 5+ players transfering, then I'd think somthing is going on.

So is Shepherd playing any football this spring? Saw a report saying that they want to but no information on who they might play.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

players would lose a season of eligibility if a 7th game was played
    I may be looking at old information, but as of November 2020, this document seems to imply a 10 game max:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...quirements.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    After a long delay, the MEC is back on the field starting THIS Thursday! Fairmont travels to Wheeling to take on the Cardinal with a 7:00 pm kick-off.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!
    Speaking of Fairmont... I see that Ramal Faunteroy (DL Coach) kind of abruptly left the program. Also, 2 players that I believe were key parts of a good defense transferred out of the program this spring as well. Are things unraveling a bit down in Fairmont or is this just normal attrition?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    After a long delay, the MEC is back on the field starting THIS Thursday! Fairmont travels to Wheeling to take on the Cardinal with a 7:00 pm kick-off.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    With both the MEC and GMAC playing this spring and coupled with the dramatically improving Covid situation, I wonder if there might be an opportunity for the MEC Champ and the GMAC Champ to play an "SR1 Championship Game?"
    players would lose a season of eligibility if a 7th game was played

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    With both the MEC and GMAC playing this spring and coupled with the dramatically improving Covid situation, I wonder if there might be an opportunity for the MEC Champ and the GMAC Champ to play an "SR1 Championship Game?"

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    30 days until the beginning of the MEC football season! MEC just announced a change to it's attendance policy. Effective March 11, schools, in accordance with state and local guidance, will be premitted to have fans in the stands. Given the dramatic decline in Covid cases in most areas in the MEC footprint, this is probably a sane process.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied

North & South

North:
    Frostburg
    AB
    Notre Dame
    West Liberty
    Wheeling
    Fairmont

South:
    UNC Pembroke
    Charleston
    Concord
    WV State
    Glenville
    WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website
    Only 5 games. Oh well, I'll gladly take what we can get in this crazy Covid-19 era and hope AB is able to scratch out at least one win.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Let the season begin!!

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.
    North & South

North:
    Frostburg
    AB
    Notre Dame
    West Liberty
    Wheeling
    Fairmont

South:
    UNC Pembroke
    Charleston
    Concord
    WV State
    Glenville
    WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied

The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
    North #1 plays South #1 etc.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
    The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.
    The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
    North #1 plays South #1 etc.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X