South:
    UNC Pembroke
    Charleston
    Concord
    WV State
    Glenville
    WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website
    Only 5 games. Oh well, I'll gladly take what we can get in this crazy Covid-19 era and hope AB is able to scratch out at least one win.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Let the season begin!!

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.
    North & South

North:
    Frostburg
    AB
    Notre Dame
    West Liberty
    Wheeling
    Fairmont

South:
    UNC Pembroke
    Charleston
    Concord
    WV State
    Glenville
    WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
    North #1 plays South #1 etc.
    Thanks for sharing. That’s good to hear.

I’m starting to think that COVID forced the conference office to furlough folks or something. They were putting out stories and updates every 2 or 3 days through Oct 9, and then they just stopped. There has been nothing at all for a month now.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
    The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.
    The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
    North #1 plays South #1 etc.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    and specifically....any word regarding a Spring season?

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    Anybody hearing anything at all?

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

My understanding is that the MEC is planning on playing its cancled games in the spring. That would be 3 to 4 games. If I were them, I'd do three conf games and then a "conf championship week" were 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6, and so on.

As for how they can do it after a 3-4 mo layoff, don't think it would be that hard. Just have whatever the NCAA allows as "preseason camp" and launch into games every 2 weeks. Depends on how, or even if, the NCAA decides to do any sort of playoffs as to when the spring schedule starts and finishes.
    Little birdies told me well play 5 games. Plus one “championship” game in the spring. This way seniors don’t lose eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Highly unlikely but if MEC plays FALL FB and most of the rest of D2 plays spring FB and decide to have some form of NC, how can the MEC champion compete after 3-4 month layoff? GLIAC just cancelled Fall sports.
    My understanding is that the MEC is planning on playing its cancled games in the spring. That would be 3 to 4 games. If I were them, I'd do three conf games and then a "conf championship week" were 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6, and so on.

As for how they can do it after a 3-4 mo layoff, don't think it would be that hard. Just have whatever the NCAA allows as "preseason camp" and launch into games every 2 weeks. Depends on how, or even if, the NCAA decides to do any sort of playoffs as to when the spring schedule starts and finishes.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the conference is pushing FB to the Spring? Every other conference has announced. Seems like we’d be the only ones playing in the Fall at this point.
    Highly unlikely but if MEC plays FALL FB and most of the rest of D2 plays spring FB and decide to have some form of NC, how can the MEC champion compete after 3-4 month layoff? GLIAC just cancelled Fall sports.

Leave a comment:

• Stea1th
    replied
    Is it safe to assume that the conference is pushing FB to the Spring? Every other conference has announced. Seems like we’d be the only ones playing in the Fall at this point.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    https://mountaineast.org/news/2020/7...athletics.aspx

Won't start playing until October 1st.
    Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 07-21-2020, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Don't be suprised when the MEC Cancels football and moves it to the spring sometime this week or next week

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X