Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC Championship Game

The University of Charleston and Notre Dame College will play for the 2021 MEC Spring Football Championship next Saturday, April 17, at 1 p.m. on the NDC campus.

The Golden Eagles captured the South Division title with a win over West Virginia State on Saturday, while the Falcons claimed the North Division championship with a win over Wheeling.

In addition to the championship game, Frostburg State will play at UNC Pembroke at 1 p.m. in a matchup between the two second-place teams from each division.
    Last edited by crixus; 04-11-2021, 07:24 PM.
    Go Battlers!

MEC Spring Season Standings

North Division -

Notre Dame College 4-0
    Frostburg State 2-1
    Wheeling 2-2
    West Liberty 2-2
    Fairmont State 0-0
    Alderson Broaddus 0-4

South Division -

Charleston 3-0
    Concord 1-0
    UNC Pembroke 2-1
    West Virginia State 2-2
    West Virginia Wesleyan 0-2
    Glenville State 0-4

Go Battlers!

Comment

Championship game was played week 2 when noted dame and frostburg played

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
          Isn't week 2 a regular season game?

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Isn't week 2 a regular season game?
            It was a joke...like when people say the real championship was played in the semi-finals. I.E. The winner of the NDC/Frostburg game in week 2 was guaranteed to be the MEC Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

It was a joke...like when people say the real championship was played in the semi-finals. I.E. The winner of the NDC/Frostburg game in week 2 was guaranteed to be the MEC Champ.
              I know. I was making a joke out of my question as well. I know he was implying that they were the 2 best teams in the conference. Just trying to have some humor.

Now in all seriousness it is very impressive what Frostburg has been able to do during their transition to D-2.

Comment

Yep...Frostburg was a very good D3 and is proving to be almost as good as a DII. Worhy addition to the MEC!

Comment

FSU was a great add for the MEC. I really hope that Shepherd and FSU can develop a rivalry. Only 90 mins apart, would be a great matchup and good for both recruiting wise. Unfortunately both conferences don't seem to keen on allowing for it to happen with their scheduling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X