Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC Championship Game

The University of Charleston and Notre Dame College will play for the 2021 MEC Spring Football Championship next Saturday, April 17, at 1 p.m. on the NDC campus.

The Golden Eagles captured the South Division title with a win over West Virginia State on Saturday, while the Falcons claimed the North Division championship with a win over Wheeling.

In addition to the championship game, Frostburg State will play at UNC Pembroke at 1 p.m. in a matchup between the two second-place teams from each division.
    Last edited by crixus; 04-11-2021, 07:24 PM.

MEC Spring Season Standings

North Division -

Notre Dame College 4-0
    Frostburg State 2-1
    Wheeling 2-2
    West Liberty 2-2
    Fairmont State 0-0
    Alderson Broaddus 0-4

South Division -

Charleston 3-0
    Concord 1-0
    UNC Pembroke 2-1
    West Virginia State 2-2
    West Virginia Wesleyan 0-2
    Glenville State 0-4

Comment

Championship game was played week 2 when noted dame and frostburg played

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
          Isn't week 2 a regular season game?

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Isn't week 2 a regular season game?
            It was a joke...like when people say the real championship was played in the semi-finals. I.E. The winner of the NDC/Frostburg game in week 2 was guaranteed to be the MEC Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

It was a joke...like when people say the real championship was played in the semi-finals. I.E. The winner of the NDC/Frostburg game in week 2 was guaranteed to be the MEC Champ.
              I know. I was making a joke out of my question as well. I know he was implying that they were the 2 best teams in the conference. Just trying to have some humor.

Now in all seriousness it is very impressive what Frostburg has been able to do during their transition to D-2.

Comment

Yep...Frostburg was a very good D3 and is proving to be almost as good as a DII. Worhy addition to the MEC!

Comment

FSU was a great add for the MEC. I really hope that Shepherd and FSU can develop a rivalry. Only 90 mins apart, would be a great matchup and good for both recruiting wise. Unfortunately both conferences don't seem to keen on allowing for it to happen with their scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    FSU was a great add for the MEC. I really hope that Shepherd and FSU can develop a rivalry. Only 90 mins apart, would be a great matchup and good for both recruiting wise. Unfortunately both conferences don't seem to keen on allowing for it to happen with their scheduling.
                    I think there is a good chance that Frostburg and Shepherd end up in the same conference at some point. I'm not sure if it will be Frostburg to the PSAC or if it will be Shepherd back to the MEC, but it seems like something that stands a decent chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post

I think there is a good chance that Frostburg and Shepherd end up in the same conference at some point. I'm not sure if it will be Frostburg to the PSAC or if it will be Shepherd back to the MEC, but it seems like something that stands a decent chance of happening.
                      With what is happening in the PSAC, I think you might be right. PSAC isn't in great shape at the moment and it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out over the next 3-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        I agree with you regarding Frostburg State and the MEC. I think college football is much better with rivals. AB and WV Wesleyan are only 21 miles apart.
                        Last edited by crixus; 08-05-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post

We like the MEC very much, We also want to add Shepherd as a OOC game just so we can get a competitive advantage in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I agree with you regarding Frostburg State and the MEC. I think college football is much better with rivals. AB and WV Wesleyan are only 21 miles apart.
                            In case anyone's interested, SETON HILL U is only 75 miles from WLU....could be an interesting rivalry.... probably,..... if the Fightin' Stewies can form a team that can compete against the elite WPIAL teams.... someday......maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

In case anyone's interested, SETON HILL U is only 75 miles from WLU....could be an interesting rivalry.... probably,..... if the Fightin' Stewies can form a team that can compete against the elite WPIAL teams.... someday......maybe.
                              I'm interested and I hope it works out for the Fightin' Stewies.

AB also has the I-79 "Barrel Classic" rivalry with Glenville State. Those two schools are 61 miles apart.??????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X