Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

In case anyone's interested, SETON HILL U is only 75 miles from WLU....could be an interesting rivalry.... probably,..... if the Fightin' Stewies can form a team that can compete against the elite WPIAL teams.... someday......maybe.
    Hahahahaha...You wanted them, you got them! In case you are interested SETON HILL is 33 miles from Cal PA, 35 miles from IUP and 74 miles to Clarion...Need to build up those rivalries!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahahaha...You wanted them, you got them! In case you are interested SETON HILL is 33 miles from Cal PA, 35 miles from IUP and 74 miles to Clarion...Need to build up those rivalries!!
      Thanks for nothing

Comment

Thanks for nothing
        Hey...Talk to the PASSHE. THEY could have said no thanks when SHU asked to join!

Comment

Hey...Talk to the PASSHE. THEY could have said no thanks when SHU asked to join!
          SHU joined PSAC...God forbid any reputable institution would join the dumpster fire that is PASSHE !!!

Comment

SHU joined PSAC...God forbid any reputable institution would join the dumpster fire that is PASSHE !!!
            Hahahaha! I stand corrected. +1 on the dumpster fire that is the PASSHE!!!

So when is that Cal vs Seton Hill "rivalry game??"

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

We like the MEC very much, We also want to add Shepherd as a OOC game just so we can get a competitive advantage in recruiting.
              Shepherd would like it for much the same reason. It could be a great rivalry if FSU continues their trajectory and a lot of battles for MD recruits.

Comment

Hahahaha! I stand corrected. +1 on the dumpster fire that is the PASSHE!!!

So when is that Cal vs Seton Hill "rivalry game??"
                10/30 4PM...SENIOR DAY at ADAMSON.... definitely a trap game between @IUP 10/23 and @SRU 11/6 !!! Hope to increase the historical spread of 42-22

Comment

10/30 4PM...SENIOR DAY at ADAMSON.... definitely a trap game between @IUP 10/23 and @SRU 11/6 !!! Hope to increase the historical spread of 42-22
                  Only way Cal loses this game is if 3/4 of Cal's players get's lost walking from the locker room to the field...Even then it would be a Pick-Um game!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd would like it for much the same reason. It could be a great rivalry if FSU continues their trajectory and a lot of battles for MD recruits.
                    As long as Shepherd University continue to offer their Recreation and Leisure Studies degree for Maryland students under the Academic Common Market, it is going to be difficult to out-recruit Shepherd for the top D-II caliber players, along with Bowie State.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

As long as Shepherd University continue to offer their Recreation and Leisure Studies degree for Maryland students under the Academic Common Market, it is going to be difficult to out-recruit Shepherd for the top D-II caliber players, along with Bowie State.
                      We already out-recruit bowie mostly, currently the only edge Sheperd has is the playoff availability (which ends after this season). We were already stealing Sheperd recruits at the D3 level, so once we make the playoffs i dont see us losing any ground (unless we lose head to head to Sheperd). What's crazy is i'm sure their rec and leisure studies is very similar to our Parks and Rec's major in which we use to get the VA kids.

Comment

We already out-recruit bowie mostly, currently the only edge Sheperd has is the playoff availability (which ends after this season). We were already stealing Sheperd recruits at the D3 level, so once we make the playoffs i dont see us losing any ground (unless we lose head to head to Sheperd). What's crazy is i'm sure their rec and leisure studies is very similar to our Parks and Rec's major in which we use to get the VA kids.
                        But with Shepherd's in-state tuition cost almost $2000 less than Frostburg, Maryland residents can the Academic Common Market program to get that discount. Take a look at Shepherd football roster and you will notice that majority of the Maryland players are registering in that major.

I do not quite believe Frostburg is out-recruiting Bowie State. Wash DC, Montgomery Co, and PG Co are areas that Bowie State recruit heavily, take a look at their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

But with Shepherd's in-state tuition cost almost $2000 less than Frostburg, Maryland residents can the Academic Common Market program to get that discount. Take a look at Shepherd football roster and you will notice that majority of the Maryland players are registering in that major.

I do not quite believe Frostburg is out-recruiting Bowie State. Wash DC, Montgomery Co, and PG Co are areas that Bowie State recruit heavily, take a look at their roster.
                          We have lost very few to bowie that we wanted.

From my understanding of the ACM they're only allowed to get instate tuition if their home state doesn't offer a similar major. Now the two majors could be different enough that they can get away with it but that's above my paygrade.

Comment

We have lost very few to bowie that we wanted.

From my understanding of the ACM they're only allowed to get instate tuition if their home state doesn't offer a similar major. Now the two majors could be different enough that they can get away with it but that's above my paygrade.
                            Check it out for yourself:

http://home.sreb.org/acm/choosestate.aspx

Select your state of residence (Maryland), then under "State Offering Program" select WV, then under "Institution Offering Program" select Shepherd University, then hit "search". You will then see the degree programs that Maryland residents can major in while paying Shepherd's in-state tuition rate.

Comment

By what metric are you using that FSU is out recruiting anybody? There is no metric for this, and recruiting is a complete crapshoot. You were stealing D3 recruits from Shepherd previously? Shepherd doesn't recruit D3 athletes.

Bowie has been a top 25 D2 program the last few years and Shepherd has as well. You're not out recruiting anybody yet lol.

Comment

I was under the impression that schools are playoff eligible in their third year of transition. Could be wrong on that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X