Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Kirkland Leaving Charleston

What is going on? Top 3 programs in the MEC all have HC's bouncing around signing day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
      What is going on? Top 3 programs in the MEC all have HC's bouncing around signing day.
      Certainly a troublesome sign especially for the league's best programs. Sort of an odd opposite of the PSAC where they fire the coaches of the worst programs for not doing better.

Comment

Congrats and good luck to these coaches. I can not blame these coaches for wanting to go higher up the coaching ladder.

Comment

If only we were so lucky

Comment

Comment

Maybe he's just not a great college coach? I've seen many come from the high school ranks and just be underwhelming at the collegiate level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Maybe he's just not a great college coach? I've seen many come from the high school ranks and just be underwhelming at the collegiate level.

Comment

I seem to remember Cal using transfers to great effect a number of years ago so it can be done. As with recruting generally, it's not how many but who. If a team has a solid foundation, which UC does, the right number and quality of D1 transfers can make for a potent mix...but like adding salt to a stew, the right amount makes it 100% better but too much and it can be bad, bad, bad!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I seem to remember Cal using transfers to great effect a number of years ago so it can be done. As with recruting generally, it's not how many but who. If a team has a solid foundation, which UC does, the right number and quality of D1 transfers can make for a potent mix...but like adding salt to a stew, the right amount makes it 100% better but too much and it can be bad, bad, bad!
                    They do? 4-6 last year, and they didn't play Notre Dame. 1-10 in 2019, so certainly a step in the right direction I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Highly recommend that UC avoid the CAL U model for maintaining/rebuilding their program. Although it has carried over successfully since corrective measures were implemented, it will always be a dark spot in the school's athletics history.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Highly recommend that UC avoid the CAL U model for maintaining/rebuilding their program. Although it has carried over successfully since corrective measures were implemented, it will always be a dark spot in the school's athletics history.
                        Cal serves as a cautionary tale as well as a transfer "success" story. I also think Armani's "issues" weren't exclusively football recruting related.

If the discussion is SHOULD UC follow the "Cal Model", I'd say no .

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                          I can't speak to the private schools, but of the public schools I've seen have below average salaries for head coaches. I'm sure for some its the thought of doing less work for comparable (and sometimes more) pay.

Comment

With these coaches leaving, it will be interesting to see if some programs fall back a bit or others take advantage and rise up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I can't speak to the private schools, but of the public schools I've seen have below average salaries for head coaches. I'm sure for some its the thought of doing less work for comparable (and sometimes more) pay.
                              Where did you get the coaches salary information?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X