Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    But they have a new logo so there's that.
    You can laugh all you want.

The logo was unveiled because there has been little to no transparency given to alumni and donors for quite some time. Debt has been hidden. Bills have gone unpaid. The logo was made by an alum for the new administration at no cost to show that the school is tackling all troubles head on.....rather than doing business like they have in the past.

Yes, it wasn't a priority given the circumstances. Yes have your fun with it all you want. It was unveiled to alumni first as a symbol that the new administration was going to tackle obstacles head on and with full transparency. The new admin inherited a complete mess and an alum just wanted to show a new direction. They bought in and used it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      The current administration has only been there for three weeks. I don't blame them. They have been uncovering unpaid bills each day. I don't fault any one that just took the reigns three weeks ago.

The unpaid debt to the city is ridiculous. It is the fault of the school. But the city of Philippi should have never let that debt grow for so long. Why they let that grow that much is beyond me?
      I would say that Philippi probably let it slide because AB is such a huge employer in the area. They had a vested interest in keeping it open as well. I mean, losing WVU-Tech has been horrible for Montgomery. I imagine that Philippi was trying to avoid a similar fate, but when it became increasingly more likely that the school was going to close, the city probably wanted to get paid because $775,000 isn't chump change and is a big deal to a small town.
      Last edited by Ram Tough; 07-27-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I don't disagree. The mayor works for ABU along with one city councilman.

This should all be over officially tomorrow.

Comment

And now this from Governor Jim Justice:

https://www.wboy.com/news/barbour/go...A-nBg8_pTqQ9M8

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
            And now this from Governor Jim Justice:

https://www.wboy.com/news/barbour/go...A-nBg8_pTqQ9M8
            Drag it out longer so there’s no time for any of the kids to transfer.

Comment

If I'm a student what should I be doing right now???

Comment

Is the governor up for reelection?

Comment

Entering the transfer portal immediately

Comment

I would be trying to get out while I can. This is no good for anyone involved.

Comment

Even if somehow it manages to postpone closing, who would want to go there now? Unfortunately I believe it is toast now. Probably Salem next.

Comment

I have no clue what is going on but the HEPC has canceled tomorrow's meeting:

https://www.wboy.com/news/barbour/go...iqjYcSiqVjR0Cw

Like I said, I discouraged my daughter from going there in 2015 due to issues you could see a mile away and I used to be a real die-hard.

Comment

The governor is running for the Senate in 2024. Who knew?

Comment

From Hoppy Kercheval at Metro News, "Item II on the HEPC emergency meeting agenda for tomorrow was "Revocation of Alderson Broaddus University's authorization to confer degrees in West Virginia."

Comment

To sum up the events of yesterday, as off about Noon, AB was dead in the water. WV HEPC was set to vote on Friday to put in the final nail in the AB coffin.

Then, mid-afternoon, WV Gov. Jim Justice (who is running for current WV Senator Joe Manchin's seat) swoops in and requests the HEPC delay, so that him and his office can meet with the HEPC, AB, and local politicians in Philippi to try to salvage something out of this mess, citing negative economic impact on Philippi and Barbour County. Around the same time, the city of Philippi relents and allows for a payment plan for AB to keep the lights on.

Essentailly, AB is granted another stay of execution. But who knows how long this lasts. Maybe a week? Maybe a year? No one really knows.

Comment

I have seen an email with my own eyes that AB sent to students and faculty stating that they are good to go for the upcoming school year. I know this email is completely legit. I just hope that it is true for those that this impacts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X