Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Park

I just read the conference is growing. I guess they want point park university to join. My question is do they have football? I thought maybe the conference would want to get more football schools in there. I know PPU is in Pittsburgh and it expands your area.

I just checked their website and they currently do not have a football team. I’m not sure if they intend to start a program.

I’d be curious to see if they try to switch over to the PSAC in the not too distant future, after they get established in Div. II.

Comment

No football, but Point Park will be adding 4 more sports as park of the transition to the MEC/Division II. Men's and Women's Wrestling, Women's Lacrosse, and Women's Tennis.

https://triblive.com/sports/point-pa...a-division-ii/

While the MEC schools may want more football members, they are also probably aware that they have had 2 financially struggling programs with football (Urbana, AB) close abruptly in the last 5 years. End of the day, football only makes sense in certain situations, and shoehorning it in puts schools and athletic departments in difficult positions. NDC is reportedly on the finiancial rough waters as well.

https://www.clevescene.com/news/with...-flux-43319004

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
        I just checked their website and they currently do not have a football team. I’m not sure if they intend to start a program.

I’d be curious to see if they try to switch over to the PSAC in the not too distant future, after they get established in Div. II.
        Yeah, the PSAC was the first thing that crossed my mind. IMHO, it's a better conference overall (no offense to the MEC) and they'd save on travel costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
          They will want to. Not sure the PSAC will have much of an appetite unless someone leaves or closes and they need to fill a spot.

Comment

I just saw the article on this and wondered why they went mec instead of psac.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

They will want to. Not sure the PSAC will have much of an appetite unless someone leaves or closes and they need to fill a spot.
              That's the PSAC's go to move!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Actually it isn't, and I did prove you wrong on this last year. Mercyhurst, Gannon, Seton Hill, and Post ALL wanted in, The PSAC did not court them. Shep is a different story that you and I disagree on. I did have conversation with Steve Murray (PSAC commissioner) back around 2006 and he did tell me Shep was interested in joining the conference if an opening every occurred. So how is that poaching?

Comment

Welcome to conference realignment! The MEC would do the same if they were attractive enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Actually it isn't, and I did prove you wrong on this last year. Mercyhurst, Gannon, Seton Hill, and Post ALL wanted in, The PSAC did not court them. Shep is a different story that you and I disagree on. I did have conversation with Steve Murray (PSAC commissioner) back around 2006 and he did tell me Shep was interested in joining the conference if an opening every occurred. So how is that poaching?
                    And I proved you wrong in return.

Comment

And I proved you wrong in return.
                      Umm, no you didn't. Please show me.

Comment

PP has an excellent performing arts conservatory. I know that doesn't affect athletics but it's a good school.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Haven't heard anything about this. Any information on other schools they may be looking to join? A problem seems to be that schools located in the region are already established in D-3 conferences and the schools in those conferences seem to be satisfied being D-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                            Haven't heard anything about this. Any information on other schools they may be looking to join? A problem seems to be that schools located in the region are already established in D-3 conferences and the schools in those conferences seem to be satisfied being D-3.
                            The most natural fits are WV Tech from NAIA and Salem, the final Division II Independent in the continental US.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

The most natural fits are WV Tech from NAIA and Salem, the final Division II Independent in the continental US.
                              It's like the 2 annoying students in the class that anxiously raise their hands when asking for a volunteer, only for the teacher to keep asking others to volunteer then reluctantly finally calling on them...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X