Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yep...The rumor was that he as bullet proof due to our deep pocketed donor threatening to withhold his donation if Rodger was fired. Well, that donor has passed away but Rodger is still there. Couple this with a new President and the retirement of the AD and now would have been the prefect time to bounce Rodger and rebuild the WLU football program. But clearly that didn't happen so it looks like Rodger leaves when Rodger decides it's time for Roger to leave...and not a second before.

Certainly the ball shrivlingly bad state of WLU football has contributed to the milk toast nature of the current D2football SR1 forum, but I'm talking more broadly to include the SR1 and Atlantic Region forums. Seems that both have morphed over the years into fan versions of coach speak were stats are recited, good lucks are exchanged and "our guys played their guts out" post game statements are the norm. All very vanilla.

Meanwhile...I see the WLU AD job is posted with interested candidates wanting "priority consideration" to have their resumes in by Feb 26. Ullum has been out of the position since October 23 with Brad Forshey announced as the interim AD. Four months and we don't even have resumes of interested parties???? I had hoped for something a little quicker...guess I hoped for too much.
    It’s ok boat, you can say it. You miss the Rams. It was the only banter in the MEC board you had since the other teams in the MEC have zero outside interest.

Coupled with the fact that you shouldn’t kick a man (WLU) while they are down, unfortunately they’ve been down for 15 years so…

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It’s ok boat, you can say it. You miss the Rams. It was the only banter in the MEC board you had since the other teams in the MEC have zero outside interest.

Coupled with the fact that you shouldn’t kick a man (WLU) while they are down, unfortunately they’ve been down for 15 years so…
      I recall a lot of banter with some UC fans, Concord faithful and even a pretty vocal Seton Hill contingent (for some reason) in addition to Shepherd. Also quite a bit of back and forth with the Pee Sackers. There was even a pretty healthy discussion on the Basketball forum.

Now the discussion on football and basketball forum is pretty neutered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X