Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    I believe the reason was that the majority of schools in the NE10 didn't want to pay to host or travel to a final game if it was simply an extra game and not for the championship. I think it was posted a while back that only 3 of the football schools voted to keep the game.
    Then the 2 top teams should play for the championship and the other teams should just have their bye week that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
      Then the 2 top teams should play for the championship and the other teams should just have their bye week that week.
      A couple people have posted that and I agree. It will help with playoff chances as it will increase schedule strength.

Comment

A couple people have posted that and I agree. It will help with playoff chances as it will increase schedule strength.
        That's the CIAA model, although they don't do it for playoff purposes. It's great for the two teams playing, but for the others? I guess if there's a conference-wide bye, it works to put it at the end of the season.

Comment

So if this is the case and if both New Haven and Long Island win this week, then they will be playing each other for two games for next two week?

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            So if this is the case and if both New Haven and Long Island win this week, then they will be playing each other for two games for next two week?
            That would be unique and most likely would not happen many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
              That would be unique and most likely would not happen many years.
              It wasn't for the NE10 championship, but Post and Bentley played each other in back-to-back weeks in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Comment

Happened in 2012 when New Haven and AIC played the last game and the championship game. New Haven won both games by nearly identical scores.

The PSAC had it last year with West Chester and IUP. IUP won both games and the league title.

With the way the rankings sit, both New Haven
                  I don't know if New Haven could afford a lost for the rest of the season thou.

Comment

Happened in 2012 when New Haven and AIC played the last game and the championship game. New Haven won both games by nearly identical scores.

The PSAC had it last year with West Chester and IUP. IUP won both games and the league title.
                    That was a little different. The first game was the last game of the "regular season" and the PSAC championship. The second game was in the second round of the NCAA playoffs. Your 2012 example is spot on. Hard to believe that AIC was in a championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                      That was a little different. The first game was the last game of the "regular season" and the PSAC championship. The second game was in the second round of the NCAA playoffs. Your 2012 example is spot on. Hard to believe that AIC was in a championship game.
                      AIC the won the NE10 the following year and finished second in 2014. 2014 was AIC's last winning season.

Comment

AIC the won the NE10 the following year and finished second in 2014. 2014 was AIC's last winning season.
                        WOW, doesn't seem to be that long ago when AIC was a force in this conference.

Comment

But why is Slippery Rock so low?
                          I don't really look at the different numbers, but I would guess our SOS is the main culprit. We're still trying to overcome a bad first two weeks: Kentucky State remains winless and the loss to Shippensburg isn't helping.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X