Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the new rankings having New Haven in the number 10 spot, looks like New Haven needs to win and hope for help. Frostburg is playing Fairmont this week, and Frostburg is #9 and Fairmont is #8, so maybe that’s the break? From all the metrics I see, it looks like it’s either New Haven or nothing in terms of playoffs this year from the NE10, and New Haven isn’t guaranteed either.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

I'll take Campbell over anyone New Haven trots out there. Menard scares nobody at this point. Is the football parking lot still surrounded by those Ginkgo trees?
      Hahahaha, at this point, I'll take any starting quarterback in the conference besides Menard, and any kicker besides ours.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        With the new rankings having New Haven in the number 10 spot, looks like New Haven needs to win and hope for help. Frostburg is playing Fairmont this week, and Frostburg is #9 and Fairmont is #8, so maybe that’s the break? From all the metrics I see, it looks like it’s either New Haven or nothing in terms of playoffs this year from the NE10, and New Haven isn’t guaranteed either.
        I don't think New Haven will get in and personally, they don't deserve it. Even if they get it, I don't see any other way besides EA and everyone knows that I am not a fan of EA. I could only hope that they'll win the conference title and even that is kinda iffy. So many teams in the region that are much better than New Haven is.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

I don't think New Haven will get in and personally, they don't deserve it. Even if they get it, I don't see any other way besides EA and everyone knows that I am not a fan of EA. I could only hope that they'll win the conference title and even that is kinda iffy. So many teams in the region that are much better than New Haven is.
          I love the NE-10 - But this is the weakest bunch of teams I've seen in 4 seasons. [Since 2019-2023] The 2022 New Haven, Assumption or Bentley teams would have run away with the 2023 NE-10 title. The 2021 New Haven team would have hung 50 on every team this year.

Comment

I think New Haven gets in safely via EA if they beat Bentley. It would add another >.500 win to their resume and that should be enough to leapfrog whoever loses Fairmont-Frostburg.

Comment

I love the NE-10 - But this is the weakest bunch of teams I've seen in 4 seasons. [Since 2019-2023] The 2022 New Haven, Assumption or Bentley teams would have run away with the 2023 NE-10 title. The 2021 New Haven team would have hung 50 on every team this year.
              I follow the Big Ten through being a Penn State alum, and the top teams in the NE10 remind me a lot of the Big Ten West division. I think the words “Iowa football” should be enough to describe how rough that group of teams is. There isn’t much difference between whoever wins the league and St. Anselm, who beat all the other contenders, and in the NE10, that isn’t good.

Comment

Yeah well, back in 2021, believe it or not, but we had a quarterback and we also had a kicker. This year, all we are having is a defense and that's it.

Comment

At least two of the 2 loss teams pick up their 3rd loss, righ? Should make for a clear path for New Haven if they win Sat. NE-10 would be in much better shape if both teams didn't take those bad losses Week #1.

Comment

At least two of the 2 loss teams pick up their 3rd loss, righ? Should make for a clear path for New Haven if they win Sat. NE-10 would be in much better shape if both teams didn't take those bad losses Week #1.
                    The Week 1 losses are one thing, but neither was a really bad loss. The losses to St. Anselm are what really hurt. That weakened the entire top half of the league in the eyes of the selection committee and the computers.

Having a guaranteed loss between numbers 8 and 9 should be enough to get New Haven in, but New Haven has to win first. It's going to be a tough one tomorrow for either team with the defenses as they are. I see some picks tomorrow, both sides.

Comment

The Week 1 losses are one thing, but neither was a really bad loss. The losses to St. Anselm are what really hurt. That weakened the entire top half of the league in the eyes of the selection committee and the computers.

Having a guaranteed loss between numbers 8 and 9 should be enough to get New Haven in, but New Haven has to win first. It's going to be a tough one tomorrow for either team with the defenses as they are. I see some picks tomorrow, both sides.
                      I think the game comes down to Bentley's QB. His Jekyll and Hyde routine can be maddening. If he plays like the 1st half vs Assumption, New Haven is going down. If he starts missing open receivers by 10 yds, it's going to be an uphill battle for the Falcons.

Comment

I think the game comes down to Bentley's QB. His Jekyll and Hyde routine can be maddening. If he plays like the 1st half vs Assumption, New Haven is going down. If he starts missing open receivers by 10 yds, it's going to be an uphill battle for the Falcons.
                        Waid was the better runner in the first game, but neither QB has a good game passing.

Comment

Waid was the better runner in the first game, but neither QB has a good game passing.
                          True - but, Waid threw for 230 in the 1st half vs. Assumption. His best production in two years against a quality opponent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X