DL - Jake Klinger SR Bloomsburg

Second Team
    RB - Walter Fletcher JR Edinboro
    OL - Craig McCorkle JR California (Pa)
    LB - Tyler Morrissey SR West Chester
    DB - Zuril Hendrick SR Edinboro
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 06-19-2018, 07:16 PM. Reason: editing title

Re: Lindy's Sports D-II Pre-Season Top 25 Poll and All D-II Teams

Wonder if during the Edinboro game Trey Staunch comes in to the stands to fight Dante Lombardi ?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Wonder if during the Edinboro game Trey Staunch comes in to the stands to fight Dante Lombardi ?
      Probably not actually fight, just give him a good cowardly cheap shot would be my guess.

I'm disappointed that Lenny was not mentioned somewhere on the preseason All-American team.

-

Comment

Well, luckily on the football field he'll have a guy 6'6" and 330 lbs to play with ... and not a 5'9" guard who weighs (Maybe) 170 lbs.

That said, I hope young Mr. Staunch plays basketball again this season.

Comment

Well, luckily on the football field he'll have a guy 6'6" and 330 lbs to play with ... and not a 5'9" guard who weighs (Maybe) 170 lbs.

That said, I hope young Mr. Staunch plays basketball again this season.
          Dante is not big at all. Staunch is a bona fide piece of crap coward for going after him.

Real tough guys don't fight lesser men unless it is something major.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            Probably not actually fight, just give him a good cowardly cheap shot would be my guess.

I'm disappointed that Lenny was not mentioned somewhere on the preseason All-American team.

-
            I'm sure you don't put too much credibility in this. You know how good LW is and don't need a sadly misinformed poll to verify that. CALU at #14 ???? Seriously ?? Even if everything works out, given their schedule, the VULCANS will be lucky to be 9-2 team. Certainly NOT national ranking material. I'm guessing 7-4.

Comment

Edinboro has no business being ranked! Definitely another poll that is a joke.

Comment

The 3 most ridiculous items on this thread, in this order
                1. IUP is the victim AGAIN, Lombardi is a total punk
                2. Edinboro being ranked at all
                3. Cal being ranked at 14

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  Dante is not big at all. Staunch is a bona fide piece of crap coward for going after him.

Real tough guys don't fight lesser men unless it is something major.

-
                  You guys are going too far with this. We've covered this extensively on the basketball board. Lombardi mouthed off to Staunch in ONE GAME this past season and must have said something to set off Staunch. Yeah Staunch got in his face and they had to be separated - but no penalty was called and in future games there weren't any issues. So why the need to bring it up? Also, all the onus isn't on Staunch for getting upset. If it was Edinboro's 5-9 player causing the scene with IUP's 6-6 player you wouldn't be reacting this way nor would you call your player a goon (which you did many times on the basketball forum).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Edinboro has no business being ranked! Definitely another poll that is a joke.
                    That's part of the problem with these magazines. They are nothing but ad revenue for the magazines and media attention for the teams. Obviously Edinboro will gladly take the attention. I recall one year Edinboro being ranked as high as #6 by a magazine. The major problem is that we don't know who is doing the research and constructing the rankings. Is it an intern? Some stringer? What criteria are they using? Its not a known person who puts it out there for a response. Do you ever recall a writer for Lindy's or Street & Smith's giving an opinion anywhere? Nope.

Although...one of my favorite annual past times as a kid was getting the Bill Mazeroski baseball preview magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      You guys are going too far with this. We've covered this extensively on the basketball board. Lombardi mouthed off to Staunch in ONE GAME this past season and must have said something to set off Staunch. Yeah Staunch got in his face and they had to be separated - but no penalty was called and in future games there weren't any issues. So why the need to bring it up? Also, all the onus isn't on Staunch for getting upset. If it was Edinboro's 5-9 player causing the scene with IUP's 6-6 player you wouldn't be reacting this way nor would you call your player a goon (which you did many times on the basketball forum).
                      Come on. Your own announcers on the web cast called him 'the enforcer' about 8 times.

Then he pulled the same crap down here.

You've been to games. None of them shut up for 40 minutes.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 06-20-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Come on. Your own announcers on the web cast called him 'the enforcer' about 8 times.

Then he pulled the same crap down here.

You've been to games. None of them shut up for 40 minutes.
                        I can't speak for them but I think his style is more about physical play rather than dirty play. There's a difference. Surprisingly his foul count wasn't bad. There's also a difference between jawing an opposing player and being a goon.

Comment

Staunch is a good player. He really helped them last year. I was really just being sarcastic about him coming in to the stands. It made me laugh.

Dante has been a target of many of the biggest players in the PSAC. Ship's Dustin Sleva went after him. Micah Till launched him airborne from behind last season at the KCAC. I think he thought he was still playing TE at NC State. It was actually comical in the replay. Till just decked him at the foul line. Dante goes flying in to a Rock player under the basket. They call Dante with the foul. You can watch it On Demand. End of the Rock at IUP game. It's hilarious. Joe about has a coronary. The crowd went ballistic and then the Rock player about entered the crowd at the KCAC. Security everywhere.

I know the reputation he has ... coaches' son, privileged, etc. I go to every game and I don't personally see it with Dante. He's actually pretty quiet. Joe had several smack-talking knuckleheads last year who started most of the stuff and Dante would pay the price for it. He's tough, though. He doesn't back down from those monsters. Most people would do a 4.4 forty to get away from Staunch. He has to battle the stigma. He's white. Coaches' son, etc.

You think Staunch is going to play again this season?

Comment

Regarding Dante----nothing personal against him or Bravado--BUT is Dante playing because he is the best player at that position that the program can secure? I highly doubt that! Personally, I'll be glad when the coach's boy is gone from the program. Okay, he's alright---but he is hardly at the same level of Ashton or Devante or Kevin Stewart who all offered up the program the stellar guard play that was needed to reach the highest levels of D-II hoops. He starts because he is the coach's son. Let's leave it at that. No small wonder why the program has underachieved with some of this stuff (lack of depth, coach's boy, etc) the past few years.

Don't hate me because I'm an honest man.

-

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X