• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Re: 2017-18 PSAC Scholarships

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You guys really want us to believe IUP spends 4 TIMES MORE on football players than West Chester? You really believe that?
    I think its a matter of IUP raising more money for football than West Chester. That's where the money is coming from. So yeah, IUP has "4 TIMES MORE" scholarship revenue for football than West Chester. Here's what they tell the federal government (for the 2016 FY):

Gameday Expenses - Football:
    IUP $26,272
    West Chester $171,888

Total Expenses - Football:
    IUP $1,808,686
    West Chester $956,226

Total Revenue - Football:
    IUP $1,992,977
    West Chester $1,260,981

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

You guys really want us to believe IUP spends 4 TIMES MORE on football players than West Chester? You really believe that?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

It's not illegal. It's just creative accounting. Then once a year the scholarship list comes out and it's the same yearly conversation ... same posts about how the East schools do so well with 'no money' ... blah blah blah.

That's why that list isn't even worth publishing.
    Believe what you want.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Or even a complaint from another PSAC coach.

It's not illegal. It's just creative accounting. Then once a year the scholarship list comes out and it's the same yearly conversation ... same posts about how the East schools do so well with 'no money' ... blah blah blah.

That's why that list isn't even worth publishing.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    And no one has been able to offer a reason for such willful deception. And since it's supposedly been going on for several years, why has there not been an investigation by the NCAA?
    Or even a complaint from another PSAC coach.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We should set up a Go Fund Me for the poor East football programs.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    West Chester is wAy behind IUP in the on campus housing replacement. WCU still has all their old ratchet dorms. They have a lot of demolition to do.

Now they want to close off Church St to traffic like IUP did to Pratt, Grant and 11th Street on the campus.

IUP leads, West Chester follows.
    They're the only school with excess demand so I don't think there's necessarily a competitive need to invest so heavily in residence halls. The schools who haven't felt the competitive pinch are the ones who haven't invested in luxury dorms. I'd put West Chester in that category.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied

Its easier to openly speculate that a school is engaged in willful deception when they can easily do a formal or informal FOI request.
    And no one has been able to offer a reason for such willful deception. And since it's supposedly been going on for several years, why has there not been an investigation by the NCAA?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    As I recall, West Chester's on-campus housing is the same way; the older North Campus dorms (including the College Arms complex the school purchased a few years ago) and the first phase of South Campus housing are directly operated by WCU, but newer North Campus dorms and newer phases of South Campus housing are outsourced.

West Chester is wAy behind IUP in the on campus housing replacement. WCU still has all their old ratchet dorms. They have a lot of demolition to do.

Now they want to close off Church St to traffic like IUP did to Pratt, Grant and 11th Street on the campus.

IUP leads, West Chester follows.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    It may have to do with differences in who operates the housing, for instance IUP's new housing is outsourced, so they have to be paid by someone. However some older housing is operated by the university, and so it is possible to waive room for these dorms. I don't know how west chester operates its housing.
    As I recall, West Chester's on-campus housing is the same way; the older North Campus dorms (including the College Arms complex the school purchased a few years ago) and the first phase of South Campus housing are directly operated by WCU, but newer North Campus dorms and newer phases of South Campus housing are outsourced.

Leave a comment:

• WVIAC-F-EVER
    replied

This year - 201819 - will be the first year that only athletic aid counts...

So the academic kid that had a 3.00 and ncaa said it had to be a 3.3 for it not to count... or the leadership kid that had a 2.00 and your school policy said they had to have a 2.50...

Since D2 has no counter rule limiting a certain number of on a team receiving athletic aid...

Schools in urban area that can have kids commute from home, that can get academic, pell, seog, cws, will have an advantage over rural schools with no population

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

So you guys actually believe they are operating on 6 scholarships?
    A year or so back I took an in-depth look at the stellar offensive unit that West Chest featured in 2014. No such unit could EVER be put together on a mere six scholies. And that was just one side of the ball.

-

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

The financial equivalent of 6 full scholarships, yes. Its my understanding that the number reported DOES NOT include housing or meal waivers which can easily reduce the cost of attendance well beyond scholarship dollars. Someone told me that they exist in the west but the western schools tend to use these for need-based aid rather than athletics like the east. It also makes me wonder if PSAC East coaches are more likely to compensate themselves for camp money rather than put that revenue into the program.
    It may have to do with differences in who operates the housing, for instance IUP's new housing is outsourced, so they have to be paid by someone. However some older housing is operated by the university, and so it is possible to waive room for these dorms. I don't know how west chester operates its housing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    Didn't Matt start this thread with the real numbers? The real point is you could never be convinced. Cool that you acknowledge that West Chester is a powerhouse.

LOL .. you got me. 'Powerhouse' was probably a bit extreme. Above-average is probably better suited.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

So you guys actually believe they are operating on 6 scholarships?
    The financial equivalent of 6 full scholarships, yes. Its my understanding that the number reported DOES NOT include housing or meal waivers which can easily reduce the cost of attendance well beyond scholarship dollars. Someone told me that they exist in the west but the western schools tend to use these for need-based aid rather than athletics like the east. It also makes me wonder if PSAC East coaches are more likely to compensate themselves for camp money rather than put that revenue into the program.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X