Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Title Game Not Being Played In KC

Since a D2 school must be the host why not have it be in Texas or Valdosta State? Nice weather and not too far from metropolitan airports with stadiums over 10k seats.

Comment

Why the heck does a D2 school have to host? Who cares. Dumb rule. Pick the best location available.

Comment

Incidentals. Game-day preparation. It obviously doesn't have to be on a campus, but some school has to be in charge of the preparation. You can ask any SID around what kind of time that entails, and it's a lot tougher to do 200 miles away than 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
          Agree. Hersheypark Stadium is a dump. IMO, it shouldn't even host high school state championships, let alone a college football national championship game.
          This !

It only serves as a site because of location. The Stadium is crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            I do. Put the game in PA and force the Midwest and Southern teams to play on our turf for a change. Why should they always have the advantage?
            Their advantage goes far beyond location.

LOL, though

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
              This !

It only serves as a site because of location. The Stadium is crappy.
              Yes ... if I was being too sketchy with what I said before, Hersheypark Stadium is not a great venue. With the open ends, it serves as a wind tunnel that makes it absolutely unbearable in cold weather. Press box is terrible. The concessions concourse isn't good. Only thing it has going for it is the surroundings -- Chocolate World, Hershey attractions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Why the heck does a D2 school have to host? Who cares. Dumb rule. Pick the best location available.
                I believe the official hosts in KC is the MIAA Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  I believe the official hosts in KC is the MIAA Conference.
                  So Th GSC could host, and use Alabama State's new stadium ?

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                    Yes ... if I was being too sketchy with what I said before, Hersheypark Stadium is not a great venue. With the open ends, it serves as a wind tunnel that makes it absolutely unbearable in cold weather. Press box is terrible. The concessions concourse isn't good. Only thing it has going for it is the surroundings -- Chocolate World, Hershey attractions, etc.

Comment

It's a good place to see Nickelback in the dead of summer.

If anyone would want to go see Nickelback.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        So Th GSC could host, and use Alabama State's new stadium ?
                        Possibly. It would technically be neutral turf.

Comment

Honestly, it has too much going on, too close to the stadium. I wanted to see an afternoon high school playoff game there last November. Must have been the day Hershey's Christmas attractions opened. I sat in a left turn lane for nearly an hour trying to get onto the road that loops around Giant Center. About 10 minutes before kickoff, I gave up and spent the day visiting my sister in Harrisburg haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                            Honestly, it has too much going on, too close to the stadium. I wanted to see an afternoon high school playoff game there last November. Must have been the day Hershey's Christmas attractions opened. I sat in a left turn lane for nearly an hour trying to get onto the road that loops around Giant Center. About 10 minutes before kickoff, I gave up and spent the day visiting my sister in Harrisburg haha.

Well ... fact is the high school games would likely draw a dramatically bigger crowd. In particular, if you get two mid-west teams playing in Hershey .... big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Well ... fact is the high school games would likely draw a dramatically bigger crowd. In particular, if you get two mid-west teams playing in Hershey .... big problem.
                              Heh ... you haven't seen the crowds since they went to six classes. They look pretty pathetic in that cavern. Two little masses surrounded by acres of concrete.

Comment

Heh ... you haven't seen the crowds since they went to six classes. They look pretty pathetic in that cavern. Two little masses surrounded by acres of concrete.
                                Correct. It wasn't the football crowd that was preventing me from getting into the entertainment complex haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X