Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Seat(s)

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gannon has a ton of talent ... did last year, too.

Talent is not the problem in Erie. That's excuse diving at this point.
    This is very true.

Comment

Comment

Very good point.

Comment

Just my opinion.

You put Tortorella or Dunn in charge of that roster the past 3 years and GU has double the wins.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Gannon has a ton of talent ... did last year, too.

Talent is not the problem in Erie. That's excuse diving at this point.
            I'm not sticking up for the Gannon HC. I agree and expected more of them. I said they would be better with a new HC. I was one that thought they could be 2nd in west...preseason.

Comment

I think Gannon d has some players but the scheme seems like a disaster sometimes. (just random watching games though)

Comment

Agree...putting someone else in charge would make a huge diffence.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  The BLoom-hurst game might as well been a 1927 game with no wr's.
                  Savage!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    Savage!
                    Can't argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightNation View Post
                      How so? Athletic scholarship is still athletic scholarship...the money still has to be there. You give a kid 5k they only pay 5k. Gannon/Hurst give a kid 5k they have to pay 35k...see the difference?
                      They're not really giving anybody anything. They're merely discounting like a coupon or flash sale. Private school tuition is like the car dealership: some people pay sticker but most people pay somewhere between sticker and invoice. When Edinboro gives that kid $5k, that is $5k that was donated to Edinboro for football and is sitting in an account until its time to pay out. And $5k off of Gannon's sticker is absurd because so few students are actually paying $47,456 a year for Gannon. In fact, Gannon reports to the federal government that the average student only pays $27,729. That's a 42% average discount. Almost $20k just for the average kid. There's no way that Gannon is bringing in enough money to throw $20k at every kid who enrolls.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I believe he was out the second half of week 2 and the first half of week 1.

Mercyhurst and Gannon each always have some very strong talent at skill positions - but they don't always add up to wins.

Comment

IUP sure wishes it had 17,000 ... subtract about 5,000.

Used to be about 15 years ago, ...

Comment

Take the time that he wasn't permitted to play out. Yards per carry was 5.5 against SCSU, 3.1 against WCU and 5.9 against Kutz. Last season was 8 ypg. But this year's average will be going for the remainder of the season. The only team left on the schedule that slowed him last year was IUP.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X