Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Seat(s)

IUP quit releasing police dockets ... even to The Penn and Indiana Gazette.

Basically unless somebody dies on that campus it's not making the news.

The only bad press they can't control is IUPatties.

Comment

Remember these coaches have contracts prenegotiated by the faculty union, which ranks right under MLBPA in handing it to "management." Its expensive, even at this level. For example, Google how much Edinboro had to pay to get rid of Scott Browning after he went 6-27 over three seasons. Hint: he was the second-highest paid state employee that year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        IUP quit releasing police dockets ... even to The Penn and Indiana Gazette.

Basically unless somebody dies on that campus it's not making the news.

The only bad press they can't control is IUPatties.
        Just wait until the white nationalist student group finds a better opportunity than the professor who wouldn't let the Republican student speak as much as he wanted. A friend who works at IUP said that student group is growing and a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Back to hot seats...how hot is the seat up at Slippery Rock if they drop 3-4 games this year?

I think both Gannon and Seton Hill make changes after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
            Back to hot seats...how hot is the seat up at Slippery Rock if they drop 3-4 games this year?

I think both Gannon and Seton Hill make changes after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            No chance Gannon makes a change. They're LIT AF up there.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
              No chance Gannon makes a change. They're LIT AF up there.
              If I was betting, I'd probably take Gannon to finish the last 7 games at 3-4. That finishes their season at 3-7.

Comment

One thing that makes it tough on private schools like Gannon (yes they are fully funded) but half a scholarship goes a lot further at a state school compared to paying 40,000 when looking at NCAA equivalency numbers, especially hurts in the category of quality preferred walk ons as well. But trust me that doesn't make any excuse for starting 0-3 especially after being up 23-6 in the first half Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightNation View Post
                  One thing that makes it tough on private schools like Gannon (yes they are fully funded) but half a scholarship goes a lot further at a state school compared to paying 40,000 when looking at NCAA equivalency numbers, especially hurts in the category of quality preferred walk ons as well. But trust me that doesn't make any excuse for starting 0-3 especially after being up 23-6 in the first half Saturday.
                  Yes but the half a scholarship at a state school is real money sitting in a bank account. Gannon's half scholarship is basically a coupon code for 50% off. Edinboro's coach busted his butt all summer getting alumni to donate and ran a golf outing. Gannon's finance office conned some kids to pay sticker price to subsidize Marcus Jones' scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Yes but the half a scholarship at a state school is real money sitting in a bank account. Gannon's half scholarship is basically a coupon code for 50% off. Edinboro's coach busted his butt all summer getting alumni to donate and ran a golf outing. Gannon's finance office conned some kids to pay sticker price to subsidize Marcus Jones' scholarship.
                    How so? Athletic scholarship is still athletic scholarship...the money still has to be there. You give a kid 5k they only pay 5k. Gannon/Hurst give a kid 5k they have to pay 35k...see the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightNation View Post
                      How so? Athletic scholarship is still athletic scholarship...the money still has to be there. You give a kid 5k they only pay 5k. Gannon/Hurst give a kid 5k they have to pay 35k...see the difference?
                      But Gannon can use different accounting, since the actual cost of the classes is much less than the tuition. They can discount the tuition, and not hurt their bottom line. -- Though I get the problem, give a kid a 1/2 scholarship, 20 K, they still have to some up with 20 k. Give a kid a half scholarship at IUP, they need to come up with 5 K (roughly) -which is much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        But Gannon can use different accounting, since the actual cost of the classes is much less than the tuition. They can discount the tuition, and not hurt their bottom line. -- Though I get the problem, give a kid a 1/2 scholarship, 20 K, they still have to some up with 20 k. Give a kid a half scholarship at IUP, they need to come up with 5 K (roughly) -which is much easier.
                        I understand but that was the main point I was trying to get across and that is one of the hardest things privates have to encounter especially in a state driven league.

Comment

And we can argue Gannon should do this or that...but look at the results of the privates and you see obviously something is different to make it harder. There are 3 of them and they don't win a ton. Its not 1 that we can argue the coach sucks or whatever. Proof is right in front to see...its takes more scholarships to be avg or below avg for the privates. Imagine how bad they would all be if they gave out 15.

I still think Gannon and Mercyhurst could be better with new HC's though. I remember when Mercyhurst O looked like a well oiled machine....now its painful to watch. And it probably the same scheme without the talent...The BLoom-hurst game might as well been a 1927 game with no wr's.

Comment

Out of pocket expense. I agree is the big one.

Small roster sports you can see an advantage but football is a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                              Out of pocket expense. I agree is the big one.

Small roster sports you can see an advantage but football is a different animal.

Gannon has a ton of talent ... did last year, too.

Talent is not the problem in Erie. That's excuse diving at this point.

Comment

I absolutely agree Gannon has a ton of talent. I wasn't trying to target just them. Just speaking because thee of the positions mentioned are private so was adding in additional pieces of the puzzle to consider. I absolutely agree it makes a huge advantage to be a fully funded private for basketball though and other small roster sports.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X