• Show
Clear All

• Edinboro Settlement

http://www.goerie.com/news/20180919/...uit-for-250000

Re: Edinboro Settlement

Cha ching

Comment

Does this come from Edinboro's pocket or PASSHE's?

How weird would it be to continue to work in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
        Does this come from Edinboro's pocket or PASSHE's?

How weird would it be to continue to work in that environment.
        Heck, I'd be afraid to post a message let alone work there.

Comment

Wow, good for her.

Comment

Seems fair to me. Boro and PASSHE are lucky to get away from that with just a quarter mil. Let's face it, Baumgartner screwed up royally. He probably shouldn't still be a EUP employee. Negligence in the oversight from the university and PASSHE. Regardless of who is right or wrong that situation should have been nipped in the bud much earlier. Seems like legal naivete, IMO. Did Bruce have too much de facto power?

Comment

And here I thought this thread was going to be about convincing a couple of Edinboro fans to settle down. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                And here I thought this thread was going to be about convincing a couple of Edinboro fans to settle down. :wink:
                Funny. :wink:

Comment

I'm glad this is over. Shouldn't have come to this.

Comment

So she won a case because she thinks she should be paid like a football or basketball coach. Her sport doesn't bring in the revenue those sports do. She ran Bruce out of athletics too because of this. Absolutely terrible!

Comment

I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.
                        The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.

who approved them, but salaries were not adjusted and Soboleski was told there would be a third investigation, according to her lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                          The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.
                          Yes. Internal review and an external review from what I recall. President approved the raise but whatever steps her supervisor had to take never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            So she won a case because she thinks she should be paid like a football or basketball coach. Her sport doesn't bring in the revenue those sports do. She ran Bruce out of athletics too because of this. Absolutely terrible!
                            Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
                            I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                              Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
                              I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.
                              Yep. Likely EUP is footing the bill.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X