Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro Settlement

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
    I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.
    The union paid all those fees because they had to. Unions are designed to protect all employees whether they agree or not. This case blows my mind on many levels. If her raise was approved that is one thing but for her to demand equivalent pay as a football coach is ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.
      That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.
        The contractual language she used for her case didn't differentiate between sports. Frankly, it was the way the Edinboro documentation was written for the sports defined as Tier 1 that enabled this to go forward. Edinboro's own documentation was her best friend in the case.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          The union paid all those fees because they had to. Unions are designed to protect all employees whether they agree or not. This case blows my mind on many levels. If her raise was approved that is one thing but for her to demand equivalent pay as a football coach is ridiculous!
          Says you...Who's ridiculous?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            Not sure about that. I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think that. The coach and AD were both members of the same union so I doubt the union would pay fees to sue one of their members. I imagine the AD was represented by the state's lawyers. The individual PASSHE schools don't have their own attorneys - the entire system has a counsel team but I don't know if they represent anyone in court.

Comment

They 'settled' at $250,000.

Any idea what she was originally trying to get?

Comment

One would think the state has some sort of insurance coverage for suits like this one.

Comment

With all the press the former President got and admitted leading by deception, do you think any employee could go against what he approved?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    That's what happened.
                    The union agreement looks like the ultimate responsibility for salary decisions and notification are made by the President.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiber View Post
                      The union agreement looks like the ultimate responsibility for salary decisions and notification are made by the President.
                      I'm not clear on what you're saying. Are you saying everything reported about this case has been inaccurate?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        I'm not clear on what you're saying. Are you saying everything reported about this case has been inaccurate?
                        I looked at the collective bargaining agreement and the way it reads is the president has final say about salary increases. If the university president really approved the increase, he would be the final say.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiber View Post
                          I looked at the collective bargaining agreement and the way it reads is the president has final say about salary increases. If the university president really approved the increase, he would be the final say.
                          Then why did they reassign the AD?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X