Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP at Cal #CoalBowl2018

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    does anybody other than West Chester, Kutztown, or IUP have a shot?
    If KU makes the State Game, and as I say CALU runs the table, the week 11 game will be
    VULCANS vs RAMS for that possible spot. It all starts to unfold on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      If KU makes the State Game, and as I say CALU runs the table, the week 11 game will be
      VULCANS vs RAMS for that possible spot. It all starts to unfold on Saturday.
      Wouldn't Cal be playing Kutztown in the State Game then?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
        Wouldn't Cal be playing Kutztown in the State Game then?
        I think he means runs the table AFTER losing to IUP. That makes the most sense anyway :laugh:

Comment

This should be an interesting one and I really don't know what to expect. I think that Mitchell is one of the best arms I've seen in a Vulcans uniform since Kevin McCabe and will break every passing record in School history, including interceptions thrown.

The most interesting part of this game will come down to special teams. I have a feeling that there could be a repeat of the 2012 Coal Bowl game where Cal U Recovered the onside kick and won in the final seconds. I would be very confident if in a situation like that if Will Brazil (best name in D2 last year) hadn't graduated and if Alsobrooks didn't miss the XP against Boro last week. However, Alsobrooks looks like he has a strong leg during warmups and I hope that XP was just a one time deal. This game is going to come down to field position and special teams play.

Another worrisome part is Dandridge's injury on Saturday. It looked nasty and they eventually stretcher-ed him off from the trainers table, which is never good. He seems to be one of the more polished wide-outs but has been plagued by injuries. Anyone know about his status?

I don't want to talk about Cal / IUP match-ups before Lucky, but IUP hasn't won in Adamson since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by VulcanHammer View Post
            This should be an interesting one and I really don't know what to expect. I think that Mitchell is one of the best arms I've seen in a Vulcans uniform since Kevin McCabe and will break every passing record in School history, including interceptions thrown.

The most interesting part of this game will come down to special teams. I have a feeling that there could be a repeat of the 2012 Coal Bowl game where Cal U Recovered the onside kick and won in the final seconds. I would be very confident if in a situation like that if Will Brazil (best name in D2 last year) hadn't graduated and if Alsobrooks didn't miss the XP against Boro last week. However, Alsobrooks looks like he has a strong leg during warmups and I hope that XP was just a one time deal. This game is going to come down to field position and special teams play.

Another worrisome part is Dandridge's injury on Saturday. It looked nasty and they eventually stretcher-ed him off from the trainers table, which is never good. He seems to be one of the more polished wide-outs but has been plagued by injuries. Anyone know about his status?

I don't want to talk about Cal / IUP match-ups before Lucky, but IUP hasn't won in Adamson since 2006.

Nevermind anything logical I said above... It's a blackout. Vulcans by 1000.

Comment

Nevermind anything logical I said above... It's a blackout. Vulcans by 1000.

200?

IUP gave out t shirts on Saturday to the first 1500.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                200?

IUP gave out t shirts on Saturday to the first 1500.

Sad.
                Easy now... We are still paying for a collapsed parking garage and the Angelo Dome.

Hooray Fiscal Responsibility!

Comment

Dandridges's status...not good at all. Gone for the season.
                  Alsobrooks sucks. Struggles with 35 yarders in warm ups, that's not even a game situation. He's missed 3 extra points so far. Watching from the stands Williams is the better choice. Not sure what's up there.

IUP will pound the stuffing out of CAL, sorry to say. BORO could have been an off game, but the Vulcans looked bad. They looked better in the losses to ODU and KU.

CAL is one injury from going winless for the rest of the season. Years of not playing younger players is finally catching up to them. Just look at the number of transfers this year to fill the holes. When the coaching staff cries about players playing "Saturday ball for the first time"...that is a self inflicted wound. I hand it to IUP for playing younger guys so quickly...bodes better for the future. CAL was up on SHIP by almost 40 and didn't put the #2's until the last set of downs.

Comment

Easy now... We are still paying for a collapsed parking garage and the Angelo Dome.

Hooray Fiscal Responsibility!

IUP did pay off the KCAC.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      IUP did pay off the KCAC.

Easy now. Cal's men's basketball is averaging about 255 per game in the 6,000-seat Angelo Dome. They'll pay it off in no time at 4 percent capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Easy now. Cal's men's basketball is averaging about 255 per game in the 6,000-seat Angelo Dome. They'll pay it off in no time at 4 percent capacity.

They need pregame bouncy houses!

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
                          Alsobrooks sucks. Struggles with 35 yarders in warm ups, that's not even a game situation. He's missed 3 extra points so far. Watching from the stands Williams is the better choice. Not sure what's up there.

IUP will pound the stuffing out of CAL, sorry to say. BORO could have been an off game, but the Vulcans looked bad. They looked better in the losses to ODU and KU.

CAL is one injury from going winless for the rest of the season. Years of not playing younger players is finally catching up to them. Just look at the number of transfers this year to fill the holes. When the coaching staff cries about players playing "Saturday ball for the first time"...that is a self inflicted wound. I hand it to IUP for playing younger guys so quickly...bodes better for the future. CAL was up on SHIP by almost 40 and didn't put the #2's until the last set of downs.
                          Dang, man. Cheer up.

Remember, we only have a RB playing QB.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Dang, man. Cheer up.

Remember, we only have a RB playing QB.

Comment

But Dude you are playing a very leading Harlon Hill candidate who QBs the second or third ranked team in D-II football!

-

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post

Any given Saturday, just come out and play ball. I hope you're not giving the opening game speech. :laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X