Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameday Thread 9-29

As I told someone, Bloom would have to bring their AAA game to have a shot against Kutztown. I don't know which game they brought, but it certainly wasn't of a AAA nature or quality. West Chester is next for the Huskies! (Homecoming Game at Bloom)! On we go! I suspect the "wolves" will soon be howling once again.

Comment

Penn State just choked.

Comment

Or at least the coaching staff did with a bonehead play call!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          Kutztown has to get the current favorite to win the PSAC title.
          And you know darned well that West Chester is going to have something to say about that.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            And you know darned well that West Chester is going to have something to say about that.
            KU is good, but not a done deal.

Comment

Yeah...they must be happy now that IUP is out of their way.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Yeah...they must be happy now that IUP is out of their way.

Comment

Probably because they don't have to face them in the State Game, barring some crazy upsets along the way.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Walk-on U has to gloat for somebody beating IUP. We saw what happened when they tried last year (twice).

Comment

Probably because they don't have to face them in the State Game, barring some crazy upsets along the way.
                      I might be wrong about this, but isn't IUP losing last night the worst possible scenario for the PSAC. Forget who you root for, if you're a fan of the conference, isn't last night incredibly detrimental to a lot? I think it is.

Not that this means anything, but the typical "Top 5 PSAC team loses to unranked PSAC team," so they'll fall to 20 in the polls. IUP will be labeled as overrated nationally. The conference will again be viewed as weak nationally. And the narrative goes back to what it was before.

IF IUP was the conference's "best shot," that loss last night wasn't good, especially considering that the region appears wide open again in 2018. If IUP gets there, you won't see a home field throughout scenario like you did last year. They needed to be unbeaten. And if they were the conference's best shot, the conference needed them to be unbeaten too. It's back to the old narrative again.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Walk-on U has to gloat for somebody beating IUP. We saw what happened when they tried last year (twice).
                        Living in 2017 doesn't pack a whole lot of power this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          Living in 2017 doesn't pack a whole lot of power this morning.
                          Nor do you.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                            I might be wrong about this, but isn't IUP losing last night the worst possible scenario for the PSAC. Forget who you root for, if you're a fan of the conference, isn't last night incredibly detrimental to a lot? I think it is.

Not that this means anything, but the typical "Top 5 PSAC team loses to unranked PSAC team," so they'll fall to 20 in the polls. IUP will be labeled as overrated nationally. The conference will again be viewed as weak nationally. And the narrative goes back to what it was before.

IF IUP was the conference's "best shot," that loss last night wasn't good, especially considering that the region appears wide open again in 2018. If IUP gets there, you won't see a home field throughout scenario like you did last year. They needed to be unbeaten. And if they were the conference's best shot, the conference needed them to be unbeaten too. It's back to the old narrative again.
                            Until some PSAC team can prove otherwise, they ARE a middle of the road conference and there is no good reason to consider them otherwise. I don't know why (maybe '17 carry-over) IUP was ranked as high as they were. Other than ASHLAND they hadn't played anyone and after CALU and SRU they play another 4 walkovers. Top 10-20 perhaps but no more. Yesterday's game exposed a number of weaknesses that don't bode well in the post season. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the first PSAC team to win it all in the near future turns out to be the one school that isn't in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Nor do you.
                              Hey, I know what my guys are. Held no expectations otherwise.

Yours were unmasked.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                Hey, I know what my guys are. Held no expectations otherwise.

Yours were unmasked.

Says a lot about your program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X