Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logan Leiby of Bloomsburg

Bloom hasn't been shutout in the last 117 consecutive road games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Bloom hasn't been shutout in the last 117 consecutive road games.
      I think that will continue even though Bloom has no doubt some holes in some positions,
      But there is still enough tough hard nosed players on the team this season to keep that streak alive. Next year losing some of those experienced hard nose Throw back type players like Klinger, Krall, Tripp, Remensnyder, Salak, Jordan, Seamon, Monroe and Gary could be tough to replace. Those guys were in the program 5 years and are tough as nails and keep the team competitive. 2014 was the last successful recruiting class after that it seems guys dropped off the roster like crazy.

Comment

Actually this years recruiting class is pretty good. All they need to do is get the offense to open things up. Bloom needs to go to the spread with a single back. Ship did that this year with Mussina and he has around 2700 yards passing. With Leiby in the waits to take over at QB, Bloom could easily make the transition. Leiby ran that offense the past 3 seasons at Selinsgrove and put up a ton of yards. I believe that Leiby us alot better of a QB rhan what Mussina is at Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
          Actually this years recruiting class is pretty good. All they need to do is get the offense to open things up. Bloom needs to go to the spread with a single back. Ship did that this year with Mussina and he has around 2700 yards passing. With Leiby in the waits to take over at QB, Bloom could easily make the transition. Leiby ran that offense the past 3 seasons at Selinsgrove and put up a ton of yards. I believe that Leiby us alot better of a QB rhan what Mussina is at Ship.
          Bloom did beat the spread offense of Ship this year. Bloom will have several good running backs next year, but they will have to replace most of the line. The offensive scheme can still win, if they get a wide receiver or two who can get open.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
            Bloom did beat the spread offense of Ship this year. Bloom will have several good running backs next year, but they will have to replace most of the line. The offensive scheme can still win, if they get a wide receiver or two who can get open.
            Or not transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Or not transfer.
              I don't Leiby leaving. He picked Bloom over some bigger schools because he wanted to stay close to home so his family could see him play, and he realized football was not going to be a career. He reportedly was majoring in special education, which should be a strong program at Bloom. Transfers are always possible, but more likely dropping out of school or giving up the sport.

Comment

I think you are probably correct Bart. Leiby did pick Nloom for their specail education program. I was told that he has helped the past 3 years with specail needs kids. Just another example of how specail Leiby really is. You rarely see a standout athlete with the morals that this kid has. I spoke to one of his high school football coaches over the weekend and he said that this kid was one of the best leaders that he has seen. Always led by example, worked hard in the weight room, wanted what was best for the team, always respectful of coaches and teammates. His exact words were "you dont find many kids these days like him".
                Hope Bloom does right by him. Hope there is some way that ge can get that medical redshirt.

Comment

I believe that Leiby us alot better of a QB rhan what Mussina is at Ship.
                  OK. :smile-big:

Comment

Check out their high school stats my friend. Leiby has every Distric 4 passing record as well as every Selinsgrove passing record. 3rd all time passing yards in Pa. Almost 10,000 yds in his career. Well I guess enough said.

Comment

Check out their high school stats my friend. Leiby has every Distric 4 passing record as well as every Selinsgrove passing record. 3rd all time passing yards in Pa. Almost 10,000 yds in his career. Well I guess enough said.
                      And ... he's played 3 snaps of college football. Not being argumentative but many high school stars flop out in college. We'll see what he does.

Comment

Actually 1.5 quarters before an unfortunate injury. 18 yr old true freshman. Will have a good college career if Bloomsburg does him right.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          And ... he's played 3 snaps of college football. Not being argumentative but many high school stars flop out in college. We'll see what he does.
                          He played well into the 2 quarter, somewhere around 25 snaps. It is an interesting competition between the two, since they both played locally. Mussina finished his career with 6,956 yards, while Leiby had 9,848. Hope to see some future battles. If you have time, you can watch the last time they played each other in high school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smj5UVLrvsM

Comment

That's far from "enough said." You're making too much out of high school stats. If Leiby had a monstrous line in front of him, great receivers, a running game that took the pressure off him, they could have made him look much better than he was.

And I'd add that Mussina had some pretty ridiculous numbers up in the shadows of Williamsport, too.

Hey, I could make the same case for Carter Van Scyoc. He orchestrated a Shippensburg High victory over Bishop McDevitt in 2016, and that's a win which Selinsgrove has never approached. He threw for more than 4,300 yards in two years as the starter. But I know he didn't do that in a vacuum.
                            Last edited by jrshooter; 10-24-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              That's far from "enough said." You're making too much out of high school stats. If Leiby had a monstrous line in front of him, great receivers, a running game that took the pressure off him, they could have made him look much better than he was.

And I'd add that Mussina had some pretty ridiculous numbers up in the shadows of Williamsport, too.

Hey, I could make the same case for Carter Van Scyoc. He orchestrated a Shippensburg High victory over Bishop McDevitt in 2016, and that's a win which Selinsgrove has never approached. He threw for more than 4,300 yards in two years as the starter. But I know he didn't do that in a vacuum.

The question may also come down to how are you going to judge these two guys? Stat-wise, the Ship QB is likely going to have the (perhaps way) better career numbers simply because of the offense he plays in on a weekly basis. The Bloom offense isn't exactly geared for the QB to have monster stats.

Comment

Those are good numbers for Van Scyoc. Leiby knows the Shippensburg high coach well. Leibys junior and senior years he combined for 6804 yards passing. I'm not turning this into a pushing contest between Mussina, Van Scyoc, and Leiby. Mussina was a good qb at Montoursville and seams to found a home at Shippensburg after transferring there. I wish him well. Leiby will do well in the system at Bloomsburg. Dont be too surprised if you see them open the offensive scheme in the future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X