Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Nick Bosa

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I admire the way Bill will freely sign scrap heap, behavioral-type projects. He gets them for nothing. No risk. One misstep and good-bye. The NFL is an endless stream of knuckleheads. He's mastered it. Let the dregs keep signing character issues to mega contracts. Once they washout the Pats are the best ever at miraculously recreating them. Bill is also no-nonsense. That's a far cry from the circus in Pittsburgh.
    This is what I am talking about. Bill does not put up with it. You are on his side or you are out. There is no "My needs are bigger than the teams" with him. I will stand corrected he does take those guys and gives them a chance to improve their standing, but first sign of nonsense they are gone. No matter how good they are.

Comment

If you pay players, they have rights to benefits...including free tuition. But tuition waivers are a taxable benefit. So then you're paying players $XX but they're taxed on making $XXX because their waiver is worth much more than they're being paid.

As for Bosa, I'm on the fence. But his teammates support him so I guess what I say doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefln View Post
        This is what I am talking about. Bill does not put up with it. You are on his side or you are out. There is no "My needs are bigger than the teams" with him. I will stand corrected he does take those guys and gives them a chance to improve their standing, but first sign of nonsense they are gone. No matter how good they are.
        Easier to do when 12 slinging the rock

Comment

OT: Nick Bosa

What's the signing bonus for the No. 1 overall pick? After taxes, what, about $9 million? You know how long you'd have to work, in years, to make $9 million take-home pay? I think in that case he could finish his last class or two and be OK?
          Last edited by IUP24; 10-18-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            What did I hear the other day? $30 million+ deal for the #1 overall pick? You're never going to earn that kind of loot with an accounting or education degree.

I like IUP24's idea of the pay rate for players. But rather than a flat rate I think you need to bump athletes up for things like class year and making such things as all-conference and All-American honors. The pay stipend would likely work out fine for D-I revenue sports. But no way you're going to pay say a women's field hockey player or athletes at a lower level of competition. There's the catch there.

-
            Last edited by IUP24; 10-18-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I think that would Hurt Bama. OSU MIch Texas , A&M Oklahoma all have way more money to burn than Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                I think that would Hurt Bama. OSU MIch Texas , A&M Oklahoma all have way more money to burn than Alabama

Comment

Comment

Pitt and Alabama have the same salary cap in regard to scholarships. I don't see much parity between them.

What are there in Major D1 schools who could actually compete on the field with Alabama ... 5-6 teams? Maybe.

Comment

Comment

Pitt and Alabama have the same salary cap in regard to scholarships. I don't see much parity between them.

What are there in Major D1 schools who could actually compete on the field with Alabama ... 5-6 teams? Maybe.

Comment

Comment

Reference D1 college basketball. They pay ... just off the books.

Comment

Reference D1 college basketball. They pay ... just off the books.

Comment

You want Butch McRae and Ricky Roe ... mamma best have a house and a job and daddy is a getting suitcase and a John Deere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X