Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Warning: the following statement is purely opinion-based. In terms of making the playoffs, Saturday's game is the biggest regular-season home game for Slippery Rock since Nov. 9, 2002. The only other one that comes close to meaning as much as this weekend's game does and as much as that one did in 2002 was the championship against Bloomsburg in 2014. And I wasn't on the field that day in 2014, so my vote goes to 2002.

I expect a close game Saturday. I haven't seen West Chester much this year, but undefeated is undefeated. So they'll be tough, no doubt. My question is, have they seen an offense like they one they'll see Saturday? I'm not sure they have. If the offense is clicking and the defense keeps playing as well as it has lately, I just don't think West Chester will score enough to beat us. I also think that, while it doesn't really matter at most D2 schools, we have an advantage playing this game at home. If the fans turn out like normal (I live less than an hour from West Chester, so I'll be traveling over 5 hours to be there) that will give our guys a boost. It won't be a cakewalk, but I like our chances: Slippery Rock 44-31

Go Rock!

Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

I still like the Rock.

RELENTLESS

Did the Rock have the "Relentless" saying when you played. I think it was something Lutz brought in when he was D-Coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      I still like the Rock.

RELENTLESS

Did the Rock have the "Relentless" saying when you played. I think it was something Lutz brought in when he was D-Coordinator.
      Back then, he was our d-line coach. Those guys had a lot of slogans on a lot of t-shirts over there. I can't remember if that was one of them haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
        Warning: the following statement is purely opinion-based. In terms of making the playoffs, Saturday's game is the biggest regular-season home game for Slippery Rock since Nov. 9, 2002. The only other one that comes close to meaning as much as this weekend's game does and as much as that one did in 2002 was the championship against Bloomsburg in 2014. And I wasn't on the field that day in 2014, so my vote goes to 2002.

I expect a close game Saturday. I haven't seen West Chester much this year, but undefeated is undefeated. So they'll be tough, no doubt. My question is, have they seen an offense like they one they'll see Saturday? I'm not sure they have. If the offense is clicking and the defense keeps playing as well as it has lately, I just don't think West Chester will score enough to beat us. I also think that, while it doesn't really matter at most D2 schools, we have an advantage playing this game at home. If the fans turn out like normal (I live less than an hour from West Chester, so I'll be traveling over 5 hours to be there) that will give our guys a boost. It won't be a cakewalk, but I like our chances: Slippery Rock 44-31

Go Rock!
        Last game of the 2006 season? Make the field goal at the end of the game and go to the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

I still like the Rock.

RELENTLESS

Relentless came in between 2006-2009 - I think closer to 2009. I was there.

Comment

Layer up it is going to be cold!!!! And may snow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post

Go Rock!
                The weather is not going to be favorable for a big turnout. Also the game is being televised on PCN.

Comment

West Chester has lost 7 straight State Title games.

THE ROCK has won 4 straight title games against West Chester.

If West Chester wins this week they will surpass IUP for most titles.

https://psacsports.org/news/2018/11/...all-title.aspx

Comment

And you'll be there for the playoff games no matter where the Rock will playing. We traveled from Northern VA to IUP, to New Haven, and to Winston Salem in 2012. We would have went as far as the team went had they advanced. They were good adventures, well worth the effort.

RELENTLESS

Comment

And you'll be there for the playoff games no matter where the Rock will playing. We traveled from Northern VA to IUP, to New Haven, and to Winston Salem in 2012. We would have went as far as the team went had they advanced. They were good adventures, well worth the effort.

RELENTLESS
                      That's the best part.

Comment

I agree, Rock is the best team West Chester will have played all year, not discrediting Kutztown. But has SR seen a defense like West Chester's all year. Trust that their defense is as legit as the stats. Their D-Line gets a ton of pressure and Morrisey and Barnes are really good at LB. It is going to be a great game, but no way Rock's offense scores 44 on the WCU defense.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACStatGuy View Post
                          I agree, Rock is the best team West Chester will have played all year, not discrediting Kutztown. But has SR seen a defense like West Chester's all year. Trust that their defense is as legit as the stats. Their D-Line gets a ton of pressure and Morrisey and Barnes are really good at LB. It is going to be a great game, but no way Rock's offense scores 44 on the WCU defense.
                          Think we heard that last year, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Think we heard that last year, too.
                            X 2 .. Didn't a less offensively talented SRU lay 50 on WC last year? .. how did that team get in the playoffs anyway? Lost to a mediocre SR team and a lousy Bloomsburg team while just getting by bottom dwellers Millersville and ESU ... not to mention getting the annual bye week vs Cheney... Tort needs to hire the WCU playoff selection committee lobbyist NOW! ... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                              X 2 .. Didn't a less offensively talented SRU lay 50 on WC last year? .. how did that team get in the playoffs anyway? Lost to a mediocre SR team and a lousy Bloomsburg team while just getting by bottom dwellers Millersville and ESU ... not to mention getting the annual bye week vs Cheney... Tort needs to hire the WCU playoff selection committee lobbyist NOW! ... jus sayin
                              Close. We beat them 49-42 last year. It feels like we hadn't played them in 100 years (back when my dad played in the 70s) and now we seem to play them every year haha. I never had a chance to play against West Chester.
                              Last edited by Dozsa2; 11-07-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X