Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    More people are available at night, either to attend in person, or watch on TV...Exposure is good for the PSAC, yes??
    Yes, at least from a Slippery Rock perspective the 6:00 PM games draw well, but they are at the beginning of the season.(It will be interesting to see how many people show up Sat.) And yes exposure is good, but it is PCN, not Espn2; heck the Sports fever game this week is East Stroudsburg @ Clarion.

Actually PCN is showing it twice; live at 1:00PM, then a replay at 8:00 PM.
    Last edited by SRU 88; 11-08-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Isn't there a rule or at least a "suggestion" by the NCAA about no night games on the last weekend so calculations for Selection Sunday can be run sooner? Latest national game is 8:00 EST this week and there is only one other 7:00 PM EST game.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
        Isn't there a rule or at least a "suggestion" by the NCAA about no night games on the last weekend so calculations for Selection Sunday can be run sooner? Latest national game is 8:00 EST this week and there is only one other 7:00 PM EST game.
        The travel -- for players and fans -- is likely the driving force behind the early kickoff. They (programs) don't want to be paying for two nights of lodging. A night game in the 20s -- at this level -- could scare off a lot of fans.

It is a legitimate question. If somebody was so inclined to email the Grand Exalted Ruler in Lock Haven ... you'd perhaps get an answer.

They could perhaps make every other game a noon kick and the title game go off at 3:30 p.m.

Don't forget this weekend always coincides with the opening weekend of basketball (most schools are playing Friday and Saturday NIGHT).

Comment

Some Friday night HS playoff games are now being moved to Saturday, clogging the day even more...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            The travel -- for players and fans -- is likely the driving force behind the early kickoff. They (programs) don't want to be paying for two nights of lodging. A night game in the 20s -- at this level -- could scare off a lot of fans.

It is a legitimate question. If somebody was so inclined to email the Grand Exalted Ruler in Lock Haven ... you'd perhaps get an answer.

They could perhaps make every other game a noon kick and the title game go off at 3:30 p.m.

Don't forget this weekend always coincides with the opening weekend of basketball (most schools are playing Friday and Saturday NIGHT).
            Lock Haven once moved a start to 9pm...Not a championship game mind you, but its a true story. I made the trip...

Comment

I don't hate that idea, but if it's not at 1 p.m., I think 2:30 p.m. would be OK. That would fulfill our country's obsession with everything either being played at night or finishing at night. I've never really understood people's preference for night games. In my (old guy) opinion, night games are for high schools on Friday nights or big-time college games like last weekend's Bama-LSU game.

My last year on the team was our first with lights (Gannon beat us in THE FIRST GAME UNDER THE LIGHTS AT N. KERR THOMPSON STADIUM). The lights and the shiny new turf didn't help us much. I'll always prefer our level of football being played on Saturday afternoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                I don't hate that idea, but if it's not at 1 p.m., I think 2:30 p.m. would be OK. That would fulfill our country's obsession with everything either being played at night or finishing at night. I've never really understood people's preference for night games. In my (old guy) opinion, night games are for high schools on Friday nights or big-time college games like last weekend's Bama-LSU game.

My last year on the team was our first with lights (Gannon beat us in THE FIRST GAME UNDER THE LIGHTS AT N. KERR THOMPSON STADIUM). The lights and the shiny new turf didn't help us much. I'll always prefer our level of football being played on Saturday afternoons.
                Always liked when Dr. Evil wouldn't have the grass cut there for 3 weeks prior to the IUP game ... slow 'em down. Lol.

Or, so it's alleged.

Comment

Always liked when Dr. Evil wouldn't have the grass cut there for 3 weeks prior to the IUP game ... slow 'em down. Lol.

Or, so it's alleged.
                  I will neither confirm nor deny haha. That muddy field was a source of pride when I was there. I understand why the school went to turf, but home games just didn't feel the same my last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                    I will neither confirm nor deny haha. That muddy field was a source of pride when I was there. I understand why the school went to turf, but home games just didn't feel the same my last year.
                    Those are fun stories.

The grass field has become pretty rare. Trying to think ... any left in the PSAC?

Comment

They should just play the game at the jewel of the PSAC every year ......... #TheMill ..... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                        They should just play the game at the jewel of the PSAC every year ......... #TheMill ..... jus sayin
                        Can't ... AD sucks.

Or, so I hear.

Edit ..
                        Thought you meant Millersville.

Comment

Those are fun stories.

The grass field has become pretty rare. Trying to think ... any left in the PSAC?
                          I don't think so. For some reason, I want to say Shippensburg was the last PSAC team to go to turf (not counting Cheyney).

Comment

Those are fun stories.

Cheyney had the last one...

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                              Garry, Raye, & Johnson; it was a pretty talented offense; the D is what let them down last year not the offense.
                              The only guy I liked from WCU last year on offense was the Tailback and he's gone, o-line was out of shape and sloppy......Saw them 3 times......just sayin

Comment

Those are fun stories.

Not college, but we had a pretty good time last Friday night in Shippensburg.

Of course, they ripped up the field to the extent that they're having to move tomorrow night's home game to Trojan Stadium in Chambersburg.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X