Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameday 11 17 18

If The White House made my pick 'em picks this week Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be having a presser to say 'The President made the picks and the teams in bold were actually the teams he thought would lose.' That's how bad my picks were.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      You sure play a lot of ****ing defense for not being the villain here.

Because non IUP fans tend to be bitter *******s....you people act like your schools/team/fans never do anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
        What a way to end a nightmare of a trip to Kutztown. Hillsdale bus broke down on the way, arrived 2 hours late last night, screwed up all game prep. Kutztown was 50 miles under the standard for flying to playoff games. Oh well, a win fixes everything.
        NCAA acts like they are broke, didn't they change the mileage a few years back to add an extra miles for flying?

Comment

Originally posted by Rams Fan View Post
          NCAA acts like they are broke, didn't they change the mileage a few years back to add an extra miles for flying?
          Yupp. It used to be 500. Now it is 600. Hillsdale is 565 miles from Kutztown.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
            Yupp. It used to be 500. Now it is 600. Hillsdale is 565 miles from Kutztown.
            And the irony is that there seem to be more flights under the new Super Region scheme than before the flight vs. ground threshold was increased - across the board for all sports, it should be noted.

Either way, hat tip to Hillsdale for a heck of a win under those circumstances.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
              If The White House made my pick 'em picks this week Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be having a presser to say 'The President made the picks and the teams in bold were actually the teams he thought would lose.' That's how bad my picks were.
              The sad part is that 75% of the American people would believe it too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                Each conference in SR1 represented in the final four. When was the last time that happened?
                Since the Super Region re-alignment in 2011, there has never been a regional semifinals (national Second Round) where four conferences were represented; from the looks at it, it's never happened in any of the four Super Regions since 2011. FWIW, the same scenario is playing out in SR3 with Indy (GLVC) at Ouachita (GAC) and Northwest Missouri (MIAA) at Ferris State (GLIAC) set for this coming Saturday. Even when the GLIAC and GLVC were in SR4 along with the NSIC and RMAC, and the MIAA was in the same region as the NSIC, there was never a time where all four conferences from that region were represented in the regional semis/Second Round.

By the time the dust settles next weekend, this will mark the fourth time in 11 years since the Super Regional realignment that eight different conferences will be represented at the national quarterfinals:

2009: Cal (PSAC) vs. West Liberty (WVIAC); Carson-Newman (SAC) vs. North Alabama (GSC); NW Missouri (MIAA) vs. Central Washington (GNAC); Grand Valley (GLIAC) vs. Minnesota-Duluth (NSIC)
                2012: Winston-Salem (CIAA) vs. IUP (PSAC); Valdosta State (GSC) vs. Carson-Newman (SAC); Minnesota State-Mankato (NSIC) vs. Missouri Western (MIAA); West Texas A&M (LSC) vs. Colorado State-Pueblo (RMAC)
                2013: West Chester (PSAC) vs. Shepherd (WVIAC); Lenoir-Rhyne (SAC) vs. North Alabama (GSC); Northwest Missouri (MIAA) vs. St. Cloud State (MIAA); Grand Valley State (GLIAC) vs. West Texas A&M (LSC)

Only two conferences have more than one team in this year's second round, with those teams facing of in rematches of regular season conference games: the SAC (Wingate at Lenoir-Rhyne) and the LSC (TAMU-Commerce at Tarleton State). For the first time since 2008, eight different conferences will be guaranteed to be represented in the national quarterfinals (in the previous three seasons I listed above - 2009, 2012 and 2013 - you still had the possibility of intra-conference regional finals).

The previous major regional realignment took place in 2011 when the GLVC began sponsoring football and the GAC was created from former LSC schools in Oklahoma and GSC schools from Arkansas, which was the first time each of the four Super Regions had four conference apiece. I also included the period between 2008 and 2010 since 2008 was the first year where the PSAC was placed in the former SR1 with the CIAA, WVIAC/MEC and NE-10 based. I believe the 2008 Super Regional alignments were as follows:

SR1: CIAA, NE-10, PSAC, WVIAC
                SR2: GSC, SAC, SIAC
                SR3: GNAC, LSC, MIAA
                SR4: GLIAC, NSIC, RMAC

The 2011 realignment added the GAC to SR3, the GLVC to SR4, and flipped the LSC and NSIC (NSIC to SR3, LSC to SR4):

SR1: CIAA, NE-10, PSAC, WVIAC/MEC
                SR2: GSC, SAC, SIAC
                SR3: GAC, GNAC, MIAA, NSIC
                SR4: GLIAC, GLVC, LSC, RMAC

I can't speak to anything before 2008, because I don't know for sure what the regional alignments were back then (though, I think the PSAC and GLIAC might have been in the same region; don't quote me on that).

Between 2008 and 2016, when SR2 consisted of three conferences, the only time where the GSC, SAC and SIAC each had a team in the regional semis was 2010 (Albany State (SIAC) defeated Wingate (SAC), while Delta State knocked out North Alabama in an all-GSC contest).

Also between 2008-2010,
                (All information courtesy of the NCAA D2 football record book:
                http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...ds/2017/D2.pdf)
                Last edited by ctrabs74; 11-18-2018, 04:12 AM.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  Each conference in SR1 represented in the final four. When was the last time that happened?
                  The PSAC IS down this year, no doubt about that now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                    The PSAC IS down this year, no doubt about that now.

The Vaunted Gulf South conference went 0-3 yesterday.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Well then it appears as if the Chargers will be moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                            Beat me to it.

Comment

Anybody else actually worried that Urban Meyer was going to collapse and die on the sidelines yesterday? That was scary to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                                Well, I am up for that. :wink:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X