Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Alright so let's look at the sport in which the PSAC has three divisions: softball. It breaks down as such:

East: East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Millersville, Shippensburg, West Chester (I assume Shepherd slots in here)
    Central: Bloomsburg, Clarion, IUP, Lock Haven, Mansfield, UPJ
    West: Cal, Edinboro, Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill, Slippery Rock

The East looks pretty good, the West is fine, but the Central is pretty awkward. Maybe it's just me, but IUP and Bloomsburg in the same division just feels strange. Not to mention you're separating IUP from most of its natural basketball rivals, and frankly, that division would be pretty bad overall. The East-West split has worked with relatively few problems for basketball, and it works well geographically, so I just don't see a compelling reason to change it just to make sure everyone plays each other every year.
    The best option for geographical divisions looks to be:

East: Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Mansfield, Millersville, West Chester
    Northwest: Clarion, Edinboro, Gannon, Lock Haven, Mercyhurst, Slippery Rock
    Southwest: California, Indiana, Pitt Johnstown, Shepherd, Seton Hill, Shippensburg

Comment

I could potentially get on board with that. Lock Haven is a weird fit with Northwest, and Ship/Shep with Southwest, but it's certainly doable. An interesting thought experiment should the PSAC decide to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm not talking a double round robin. Start with 17 games and then play five teams twice...
        You're already playing eight teams twice under the current schedule, and it makes geographical sense. Like EastStroud13, I don't see a reason to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You're already playing eight teams twice under the current schedule, and it makes geographical sense. Like EastStroud13, I don't see a reason to change.
          If it so important to play ALL the teams, drop 3 OOC games and add three more crossover. And try to arrange the schedules so weekends in an area will be 2-3 game trips to save long distance travel.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If it so important to play ALL the teams, drop 3 OOC games and add three more crossover. And try to arrange the schedules so weekends in an area will be 2-3 game trips to save long distance travel.
            Don't know that it's all that important. There already is a round robin within the divisions, and you play most of the teams in the other division under the current system. Besides that, there is a conference tournament at the end of the year, so you're not going to win a championship without playing the best the other division has to offer. As far as the weekends, Ship has already played several two-game weekends with West Division schools in recent years, both home and away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Don't know that it's all that important. There already is a round robin within the divisions, and you play most of the teams in the other division under the current system. Besides that, there is a conference tournament at the end of the year, so you're not going to win a championship without playing the best the other division has to offer. As far as the weekends, Ship has already played several two-game weekends with West Division schools in recent years, both home and away.
              Correct. Not important at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X