Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCU vs SHEP

Another week and another great game on the PSAC schedule. It's RAMS on RAMS in, where else , RAM STADIUM.
    WCU undefeated, but less than impressive in recent victories over SHIP and BLOOM. Their game seems to be scoring defense where they've only given up 9 TDs in 6 games. The offense looks solid, 172 yds rush/ 221 pass, but 11 interceptions seems pretty high. It might be a good idea to stack the line and wait for a bad throw.
    SHEP at 4-2 with those two loses at home vs ODU and KUTZ. Unlike WCU they cannot lose this game and have any hope for PO. Their pass heavy offense has scored 25 TDs but unlike WCU they've given up 21 and their D has been scored upon to the tune of 26 ppg.
    My stab in the dark is that WCU will get by on their way to a 11/2 meeting with KUTZ.

Certainly, Shepherd is in a must-win situation. their running game has picked up some confidence in the last two games, albeit against weaker defenses. The two losses at home were close and could have gone either way. The coaches did a much better job at managing the clock in the last win.

Comment

Important game at 12 noon. Thoughts???

Comment

Comment

Pleasantly surprised that this game in D2 SHOWCASE GAME with pro announcers. Feels very much like a telecast on all the FBS/FCS venues.

Comment

Another WCU turnover. Number 18 on the season.

Comment

This is the first time I've watched a West Chester game. Did they steal LSU's alternate helmets?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                Pleasantly surprised that this game in D2 SHOWCASE GAME with pro announcers. Feels very much like a telecast on all the FBS/FCS venues.
                Amazing how the announcers change the perception and appearance of the game. I wish this was the norm in the PSAC. It just makes the product so much better.

Comment

Nice win by SHEP with significant plays from the D. 5-2 with @ MILL, ESU, @ BLOOM and SHU. If they get by the WARRIORS on 11/2, a 9-2 record will put them into the running for a 5-7 spot in the PO. Not a guarantee, but close.

Comment

That game pretty much was a microcosm of Shepherd's season. You have plenty of talent on the team but turnovers and penalties at poor times have allowed teams to hang around into the fourth quarter. Still alot of coaching that needs to be done with this team.

Comment

Good win for Shepherd. When WC had the close game against Ship, there was some carping about it wasn't that Ship played better, but WC played so horribly. After the last couple of weeks against Bloom and Shepherd, it looks as if perhaps WC just isn't a No. 13 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                        Good win for Shepherd. When WC had the close game against Ship, there was some carping about it wasn't that Ship played better, but WC played so horribly. After the last couple of weeks against Bloom and Shepherd, it looks as if perhaps WC just isn't a No. 13 team.
                        Having now watched some of who might be described as the best of the PSAC, I would say the league has a number of what I'd call very good to very good plus teams but none I'd rank as excellent. At the top, I'd put SRU and KUTZ, not only because they are undefeated but because they are very good at responding when they are challenged. Having seen KUTZ versus CAL U and SHEP, they could easily have lost both games but didn't. The skill and poise they showed was impressive. SRU showed some of the same things but has only really been challenged by IUP. The only other game with a relatively tough opponent will be against the VULCANS in two weeks.
                        IUP is definitely very good and split their two tough games and will be in the top half of the bracket.
                        Good to very good I'd say describes CAL U and SHEP . Both teams have lost two games they could have won so they are skilled but they did lose them so they are not top rung. I was going to put one lose WCU at the same place but besides today's game they have not been impressive recently against SHIP and BLOOM.
                        Other than that ESU is growing but this is not their year.
                        Probably four of those top six have a chance for the PO but it could be three or five.
                        Next week not much other than possible traps WCU @ ESU and SHIP @ KUTZ.
                        Week 10 will decide a lot with KUTZ @ WCU, CAL U @ SRU and ESU @ SHEP.
                        If a PSAC team does make it out of the SR1, I don't see them challenging the other SRs unless an upset occurs and their opponent isn't really worthy of a semi spot. Not our year.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Having now watched some of who might be described as the best of the PSAC, I would say the league has a number of what I'd call very good to very good plus teams but none I'd rank as excellent. At the top, I'd put SRU and KUTZ, not only because they are undefeated but because they are very good at responding when they are challenged. Having seen KUTZ versus CAL U and SHEP, they could easily have lost both games but didn't. The skill and poise they showed was impressive. SRU showed some of the same things but has only really been challenged by IUP. The only other game with a relatively tough opponent will be against the VULCANS in two weeks.
                          IUP is definitely very good and split their two tough games and will be in the top half of the bracket.
                          Good to very good I'd say describes CAL U and SHEP . Both teams have lost two games they could have won so they are skilled but they did lose them so they are not top rung. I was going to put one lose WCU at the same place but besides today's game they have not been impressive recently against SHIP and BLOOM.
                          Other than that ESU is growing but this is not their year.
                          Probably four of those top six have a chance for the PO but it could be three or five.
                          Next week not much other than possible traps WCU @ ESU and SHIP @ KUTZ.
                          Week 10 will decide a lot with KUTZ @ WCU, CAL U @ SRU and ESU @ SHEP.
                          If a PSAC team does make it out of the SR1, I don't see them challenging the other SRs unless an upset occurs and their opponent isn't really worthy of a semi spot. Not our year.
                          The PSAC West seems stronger and better balanced this year as Bloom and Ship are both having off years. Difficult to say how they'd do against other regions as I haven't seen those teams play. Notre Dame, after narrowly defeating The Rock in our region, was very competitive with the eventual national champion last season. The good thing is that, unlike the big boys in FBS, Division II actually gets to see who is best decided on the field.

Comment

Whoever did that carping seems to be spot on. They're not a #13 team, let alone a #12 team.

Comment

Don't know about their ranking status, but the Golden Rams schedule had been pretty soft up to yesterday's game with Shepherd. I was a bit surprised by the closeness of the Shippensburg game, but then I saw them against Bloom in danger of losing and became convinced that there are a number of teams in the PSAC this year who are better than WCU. Speaking of soft schedules, the same is true of East Stroudsburg and it is really beginning to show.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X