7 Augustana (SD) 7-2 7-2
    8 Sioux Falls 7-2 7-2
    9 Winona St. 7-2 7-2
    10 Dixie St. 7-2 7-2

Tags: None

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Hmmmm. I've never been on a rankings committee, so I've never had to "justify" anything. Pretty sure I never said IUP "had to do" anything either. I said something along the lines of if SOS was even between two teams, a team with a 9-2 record would be selected over a team with an 8-2 record, which means playing and winning an 11th game would be beneficial. Reasonable people can comprehend that concept. It's clear you can not. You're foolish to think that I care enough about IUP to have a bias against them. In an effort to help you.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I am curious to see if Assumption gets ranked this week. We have no idea if they were 11th, 12th, or 13th last week. 7, 8, 9, and 10 all won and Assumption had a bye, is that enough to jump WCU or WVST?

I do think the top 4 are fairly set, but 5-7 could still get interesting. Tiffin has a test against Findlay, Urbana has a test against Truman State (and a tricky Fairmont State), and Assumption needs to beat New Haven to even have a shot. Overall it's really turning out well for Shepherd, they should win out and feel good about their playoff chances. Would love to see them drawn against NDC for an MEC rematch.
    Would love to play ND again. It was a shootout with them last year that Shepherd ran out of time at the end to steal the game at their place. Our Freshman QB's first game and I think he threw for close to 500 yds.

Leave a comment:

• Wcball00
    replied

I agree, that if they win out, that's the field. I'm much less confident than you that they all will.
    I agree. Assumption beating New Haven this weekend isn't exactly a lock; although, Assumption has won 6 of their last 7 against New Haven.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I don't see a scenario where Assumption/NE-10 does not get in. They will win out. I think they will be in the Top 9 by the end of the year and make the field.

I think the point of my post was that as long as the teams I mentioned win, that's your field.
    I agree, that if they win out, that's the field. I'm much less confident than you that they all will.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I am curious to see if Assumption gets ranked this week. We have no idea if they were 11th, 12th, or 13th last week. 7, 8, 9, and 10 all won and Assumption had a bye, is that enough to jump WCU or WVST?

I do think the top 4 are fairly set, but 5-7 could still get interesting. Tiffin has a test against Findlay, Urbana has a test against Truman State (and a tricky Fairmont State), and Assumption needs to beat New Haven to even have a shot. Overall it's really turning out well for Shepherd, they should win out and feel good about their playoff chances. Would love to see them drawn against NDC for an MEC rematch.
    I don't see a scenario where Assumption/NE-10 does not get in. They will win out. I think they will be in the Top 9 by the end of the year and make the field.

I think the point of my post was that as long as the teams I mentioned win, that's your field.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    The rankings between those teams might change, but the names won't. That's essentially your playoff field right there.
    -Spots 1 and 3 are between SRU and Kutztown. The winner of the PSAC gets the top seed. The loser will be the third.
    -Notre Dame, finishing undefeated, will slot into the 2 seed.
    -IUP finds themselves in the 4 seed.

5-7 is between Tiffin, Assumption, and Shepherd/Urbana. Put any of them in a burlap sack and any deserve seeds 5, 6, or 7.

I just don't see there being any other movement. Urbana might lose one of their last two. If they do, they're out and Shep is in. Otherwise, it'll be a coin flip between those two.

We talk all the time about how "things work themselves out." Everything has worked itself out pretty early.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

IUP has been victimized several times by the peasantry of the Pee Sack. Sad.
    More often than not, IUP has victimized themselves by losing...Like a few weeks ago at SRU...Remember?!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I'll give you this. You overplay the victim card every chance you get. When is IUP moving up to D I?!
    IUP has been victimized several times by the peasantry of the Pee Sack. Sad.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The rankings between those teams might change, but the names won't. That's essentially your playoff field right there.
    -Spots 1 and 3 are between SRU and Kutztown. The winner of the PSAC gets the top seed. The loser will be the third.
    -Notre Dame, finishing undefeated, will slot into the 2 seed.
    -IUP finds themselves in the 4 seed.

5-7 is between Tiffin, Assumption, and Shepherd/Urbana. Put any of them in a burlap sack and any deserve seeds 5, 6, or 7.

I just don't see there being any other movement. Urbana might lose one of their last two. If they do, they're out and Shep is in. Otherwise, it'll be a coin flip between those two.

We talk all the time about how "things work themselves out." Everything has worked itself out pretty early.
    Last edited by IUP24; 11-03-2019, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by RockNation View Post
    KUTZ, SRU, ND, IUP, URBANA; all won. WVSU, WCU lost and Tiffin had a bye. Whats everyone thinkin?
    There's more chatter on the "dance ticket" thread, but I will post here what I posted on that thread earlier this morning. Here was my assessment to answer your question:

I know we all like to play the "what if" game, but I'll be the guy that says this is pretty simple at this point... Because it is.. No order to any of these rankings:

LOCKS (unless something catastrophic happens):
    1. SRU
    2. Kutztown
    3. Notre Dame
    4. IUP

IN IF THEY WIN OUT (with potential help by finishing in the top 9):
    5: Tiffin
    6: Assumption

The last spot is basically down to Shepherd and Urbana. If they both win out then it's a coin flip between those two. If one of them stumbles, the other gets in.

I don't see WCU getting an at-large - lost their two biggest games of the season, but have a chance to beat Cal. I don't see ODU getting in due to playing only 9 games. WVSU will lose to ND and that will be that.

Honestly... It's really pretty simple with two weeks left in the season.

Leave a comment:

• RockNation
    replied
    KUTZ, SRU, ND, IUP, URBANA; all won. WVSU, WCU lost and Tiffin had a bye. Whats everyone thinkin?

Leave a comment:

• CHIP72
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I hold a grudge forever. HA!!
    Based on your many, many comments on here IUPNation, I never EVER would have guessed that! LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X