Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, we'll see what happens with West Chester, but Kutztown certainly looks by far the best of the East in a relatively down year with Bloomsburg and Ship both struggling. That was a nice win at Shepherd as Rams Stadium is a tough place to play. Thank God we now have Shepherd in place of Cheyney or the division would be a real joke this season.
    I think it will be a tough, fun game.
    Agreed re: Shepherd/Cheyney, competition is better for everyone, including us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
      I thought I saw a breakdown on another thread regarding if there were to be a three-way tie if Shepherd wins out and WC defeats KU and both win out after this weekend. I can't find that info ---
      Who would be representing the East?
      Thanks!
      1) Head-to-Head record among the tied teams
      2) Record against divisional opponents not involved in the tie, starting at the top of the standings
      3) Record in all mandated conference games, both division and crossover
      4) Coin toss

Comment

Originally posted by KU10 View Post

Thinking we will win a game on the road is a brash prediction...? We've also been a solid program for the better part of the last decade by the way.
        Don't worry, some IUP fans don't like it when other teams' fans get confident in their teams, as if such behavior is only reserved for programs like IUP. Best to tune it out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPBand8588 View Post
          I don't think this will be close. Kutztown may be the best team in the PSAC. They are battle tested with wins at Cal and Shep. I think Kutztown wins by at least 20 setting up a barn burner for the state game.
          That's what everybody thought last year too

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

That's what everybody thought last year too
            If there's anything predictable about Division II football, it's that it's unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Some of the stuff you choose to capitalize makes me laugh.
              Maybe he should capitalize everything!!

Comment

Well, we'll see what happens with West Chester, but Kutztown certainly looks by far the best of the East in a relatively down year with Bloomsburg and Ship both struggling. That was a nice win at Shepherd as Rams Stadium is a tough place to play. Thank God we now have Shepherd in place of Cheyney or the division would be a real joke this season.
                I don't agree that the East is "down"...ESU is playing better ball, and Shepherd coming into the division makes it better by far...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I don't agree that the East is "down"...ESU is playing better ball, and Shepherd coming into the division makes it better by far...
                  I was referencing Shepherd coming into an East that is not where it has been in recent years. The loss of Cheyney is irrelevant to Shepherd, since they replaced Cheyney and wouldn't have played them in any case. The fact that East Stroud has improved this year does not in itself make up for the fact that Bloom and Ship, often divisional contenders in the past 5-7 years, are both having terrible seasons. And West Chester, while sporting a nice won-loss record, has not looked as impressive for the past few weeks as they were rated. Shepherd had a nice welcome year to the PSAC as they also avoided Slippery Rock, UCal and IUP in the crossover games. A loss to any of those three wouldn't have affected Shepherd's divisional standing, but probably would have torpedoed any chance of them making the playoffs. Obviously the East with Shepherd plus typical Bloomsburg-Ship teams would be much stronger.

Comment

I was referencing Shepherd coming into an East that is not where it has been in recent years. The loss of Cheyney is irrelevant to Shepherd, since they replaced Cheyney and wouldn't have played them in any case. The fact that East Stroud has improved this year does not in itself make up for the fact that Bloom and Ship, often divisional contenders in the past 5-7 years, are both having terrible seasons. And West Chester, while sporting a nice won-loss record, has not looked as impressive for the past few weeks as they were rated. Shepherd had a nice welcome year to the PSAC as they also avoided Slippery Rock, UCal and IUP in the crossover games. A loss to any of those three wouldn't have affected Shepherd's divisional standing, but probably would have torpedoed any chance of them making the playoffs. Obviously the East with Shepherd plus typical Bloomsburg-Ship teams would be much stronger.
                    *Bloom and Ship haven't been divisional contenders since 2012. Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Don't worry, some IUP fans don't like it when other teams' fans get confident in their teams, as if such behavior is only reserved for programs like IUP. Best to tune it out.
                      Then tune it out. Seems pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

*Bloom and Ship haven't been divisional contenders since 2012. Fixed it for you.
                        Bloom won the division in 2014 and the entire PSAC in 2013. Ship tied in 2013 and 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Then tune it out. Seems pretty simple.
                          This conversation has moved on. Get with the program.

I don't know that the East is "down" as much as it is not playing to its full potential. Kutztown is a very strong team and ESU improving deepens the division. If Ship and/or Bloom get closer to their ceilings, the East could see some real good seasons.

Comment

To say the conversation has moved on is charitable.

Comment

I don't know that the East is "down" as much as it is not playing to its full potential.
                              That's a keen observation. It's hard to distinguish between being "down" and just not playing to full potential.

Comment

I don't know that the East is "down" as much as it is not playing to its full potential. Kutztown is a very strong team and ESU improving deepens the division. If Ship and/or Bloom get closer to their ceilings, the East could see some real good seasons.

The East/West breakdown is actually fairly similar.

Top 3 in West:
                                SRU (8-0), IUP (7-1), Cal (6-2)

Top 3 in East:
                                Kutztown (8-0), WCU (7-1), Shepherd (6-2)

The West only has (the above) three teams above a .500 winning percentage. The remainder are just a pile of similar records -- Clarion and Mercyhurst (3-5), Gannon and Edinboro (2-6) and Seton Hill (2-5).

The next tier of the East has ESU (5-3), Bloom (3-5), Shippensburg and Millersville (2-6) and Lock Haven (1-7).

The East's No. 4 team has a much better record than the West's No. 4 team. Granted, the East bottom-feeders are worse than the West's bottom-feeders.

So, I wouldn't say the East is down. To have winning teams you must have losing teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X