Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR

Ok since #7 #12 (Indiana n Wyngate) in the RRs lost today would IUP move up?

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
    ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
      RR stands for Regional Rankings, and University of Indianapolis and Wingate are in different Super Regions than IUP. IUP may move up the regular polls, but the regular polls don't have any bearings in the Regional Rankings.

Comment

Top 4 shouldn't change at all. Then there's a bunch of 2 loss teams and Tiffin. Simply summing the W/L% and SOS, shows Shepherd, West Chester, Urbana, WV State, Assumption, and Tiffin. WV State, Assumption and Tiffin all with one fewer game than everybody else. Assumption and Tiffin are the highest representatives from their conference, so there may be some thought to get them into the top 9 for a double earned access season for SR1. Top four are locks for the playoffs, based on current placement and remaining schedule. Assumption still appears better than Ohio Dominican, but ODU was ranked higher last week and neither played yesterday.

1. Kutztown
        2. Slippery Rock
        3. Notre Dame
        4. IUP
        5. Urbana
        6. Shepherd
        7. WV State
        8. West Chester
        9. Tiffin
        10. Assumption

Comment

Wouldn't WV be out , bump way down,
          lost to a mediocre team pretty handidly, im
          Hard pressed to think Urbana is the fifth team in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

Comment

Truman (not Tarleton).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Truman (not Tarleton).
                Your right, ok maybe not as bad of a loss but most likely a loss nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
                  Agree on Urbana. I had Shepherd ahead of Urbana last week and this week, but Urbana was ranked ahead of Shepherd last week and not enough happened on Saturday to swap them.

How bad Charleston beat WV State shouldn't matter. They're still 6-2 with a good SOS.

Comment

Good SOS how ??? Wins over 7-2 FSU, 5-4 GLENVILLE, 1-8 CONCORD, 4-5 WLU, 3-5 FAIRMONT and 1-8 WVWC. Losses to 3-6 SMSU, 7-2 URBANA and 6-3 CHARLESTON. Other than FROSTBURG, the JACKETS beat teams they shouldn't lose to and lost to teams they should. My VULCANS played three ranked teams KUTZ, IUP and SRU, lost all three and are on the outside looking in as 3 loss teams should be.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      Good SOS how ??? Wins over 7-2 FSU, 5-4 GLENVILLE, 1-8 CONCORD, 4-5 WLU, 3-5 FAIRMONT and 1-8 WVWC. Losses to 3-6 SMSU, 7-2 URBANA and 6-3 CHARLESTON. Other than FROSTBURG, the JACKETS beat teams they shouldn't lose to and lost to teams they should. My VULCANS played three ranked teams KUTZ, IUP and SRU, lost all three and are on the outside looking in as 3 loss teams should be.
                      Do your VULCANS have any wins against teams with winning records? That is the difference. Games against FCS teams don't count for rankings, so they are considered a 2-loss team, not a 3-loss team.

Comment

That final week 11 game between WCU and California will probably determine the last at large berth into the playoffs for the PSAC. At this point I believe IUP, Rock and Kutztown are locks. Shepherd drew a weak crossover schedule so if WCU and Shepherd both finish 9-2 I believe the committee would choose the Golden Rams over Shepherd plus they have the H2H in their favor. If Cal wins and Shepherd handles business against Bloomsburg & Seton Hill I can see them getting the 4th PSAC berth giving the East 2 teams as well as the West 2 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                          That final week 11 game between WCU and California will probably determine the last at large berth into the playoffs for the PSAC. At this point I believe IUP, Rock and Kutztown are locks. Shepherd drew a weak crossover schedule so if WCU and Shepherd both finish 9-2 I believe the committee would choose the Golden Rams over Shepherd plus they have the H2H in their favor. If Cal wins and Shepherd handles business against Bloomsburg & Seton Hill I can see them getting the 4th PSAC berth giving the East 2 teams as well as the West 2 teams.
                          Shepherd beat West Chester

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            No doubt Cal's SOS is very good, second best among winning teams in SR1 behind Kutztown. As EastStroud13 said, WVS is 6-2 and compared to Assumption and Tiffin, their SOS is better.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Do your VULCANS have any wins against teams with winning records? That is the difference. Games against FCS teams don't count for rankings, so they are considered a 2-loss team, not a 3-loss team.
                              The team schedule says 3 losses so there's that, but you're right about my VULCANS and their record....and they are out of the playoffs, as they should be. My only question is why are we talking about WVSU SOS and playoff possibilities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X