Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I darn sure forgot about Slippery Rock's 2 big wins, which were home games. But I will actually call the Cal U game a close one. IUP finally made it a 1-score game with 8 1/2 mins left in regulation before Slippery Rock put the game out of reach with a responding TD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

And I darn sure forgot about Slippery Rock's 2 big wins, which were home games. But I will actually call the Cal U game a close one. IUP finally made it a 1-score game with 8 1/2 mins left in regulation before Slippery Rock put the game out of reach with a responding TD drive.
      IUP's first quarter up there was a complete disaster (second year in a row against SRU). You can't spot them those big leads. Hopefully if they get a rematch they will be much more focused to start the game. A rematch up there in late November also isn't going to have 10,000 people in the stands. But, a lot has to happen before that potential game could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP's first quarter up there was a complete disaster (second year in a row against SRU). You can't spot them those big leads. Hopefully if they get a rematch they will be much more focused to start the game. A rematch up there in late November also isn't going to have 10,000 people in the stands. But, a lot has to happen before that potential game could happen.

Comment

Battle tested? SRU played Wayne State, IUP CalU. Kutztown played CalU, WCU, and Shepherd. I think both teams have experienced similar battles. The Rock is upset about their performance last year and eager to play.

If the offense finishes drives and the D doesnt arm tackle, they're in good shape. Both teams gotta keep the QBs in check.

Comment

I just read on a CAA message board that a few fans are mentioning Clements as a possible candidate to be a DC at a big CAA school, if he made the move I couldn't blame him more money, stay within the region and still have the opportunity to compete for conference titles and even a national title. A championship Saturday coupled with a good run in the playoffs might be enough for said school to pony up the cash to double his Kutztown pay. In that case I would suspect KU would look to OC Marcel Quarterman as their next HC as he's paid his dues on the staff in a variety of assistant roles the last 7 years on both sides of the ball and special teams as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
              I just read on a CAA message board that a few fans are mentioning Clements as a possible candidate to be a DC at a big CAA school, if he made the move I couldn't blame him more money, stay within the region and still have the opportunity to compete for conference titles and even a national title. A championship Saturday coupled with a good run in the playoffs might be enough for said school to pony up the cash to double his Kutztown pay. In that case I would suspect KU would look to OC Marcel Quarterman as their next HC as he's paid his dues on the staff in a variety of assistant roles the last 7 years on both sides of the ball and special teams as well.
              Same thing happened after the 2011 season when Monica left for another D2 program and is now at a D1 school. Us Kutztown fans can only hope he and his family are happy here and want to stay for the foreseeable future but it's going to be hard to turn down the bigger and better opportunities when they inevitably come knocking. I wouldn't blame Coach Clements if he left, he has won consistently at every level he has coached and i'm sure he wants the next challenge.

Comment

Just beat ship and wait until Sunday night to find out who they play next. As of Sunday night the remaining teams are 0-0 and the real season starts.

Comment

More evidence of mirror images:

ONLY TWO QBS WITH 7,000 + 1,500
                  Roland Rivers III has thrown for 7,688 yards and rushed for 1,561 yards for 9,345 total offensive yards during his four-year collegiate career (including two seasons with limited reps at Valdosta State). There are only two active QBs in Division II that have thrown for at least 7,000 yards and rushed for 1,500 yards Rivers and Kutztown's Collin DiGalbo (8,327 pass, 1,669 rush, 9,996 total).

Comment

In Depth Preview can be found at:

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...-kutztown.aspx

Comment

NCAA Writer- Wayne Cavadi
                      Slippery Rock vs. Kutztown, predicted

It's close but Slippery Rock has the ever-so-slight edge. Rivers III took over at quarterback in Week 3 of last season and The Rock hasn't lost a regular-season game in the PSAC since. He led the No. 7-seeded team in Super Region One to back-to-back upsets in the DII football championship, and nearly led The Rock to an upset over No. 1 and undefeated Notre Dame (OH), losing 21-17.

The only thing Slippery Rock doesn't have over that run is a PSAC championship. The Rock lost to West Chester 33-10 in last year's rendition and I just think that motivates them to eliminate the errors and lock down a victory on Saturday. But Kutztown is too good to make this a runaway. It could very well come down to which team has the ball last.

Prediction: Slippery Rock 35, Kutztown 31

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                        NCAA Writer- Wayne Cavadi
                        Slippery Rock vs. Kutztown, predicted

It's close but Slippery Rock has the ever-so-slight edge. Rivers III took over at quarterback in Week 3 of last season and The Rock hasn't lost a regular-season game in the PSAC since. He led the No. 7-seeded team in Super Region One to back-to-back upsets in the DII football championship, and nearly led The Rock to an upset over No. 1 and undefeated Notre Dame (OH), losing 21-17.

The only thing Slippery Rock doesn't have over that run is a PSAC championship. The Rock lost to West Chester 33-10 in last year's rendition and I just think that motivates them to eliminate the errors and lock down a victory on Saturday. But Kutztown is too good to make this a runaway. It could very well come down to which team has the ball last.

Prediction: Slippery Rock 35, Kutztown 31
                        As great as RIVERS III is, I have a feeling that this is DIGALBO'S year. It's going to be a great game but with home field advantage, it seems the GOLDEN BEARS may take home the honey !!!

Comment

34-21 Slippery Rock

Comment

I'll be watching, but I see Slippery Rock winning 24 - 17.

Comment

Let us not forget about special teams:

Kutztown has only made 2 FGs all year , and missed 11 extra points; however their KO return is 1st in the conference and their net punting is near the top as well

Slippery Rock's KO return is the worst in the league, but they do have a punt return td; and Chapla is 2nd in career FGs made in the PSAC

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                                I'll be watching, but I see Slippery Rock winning 24 - 17.
                                I'm sure you will be watching

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X