Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaldEagleFan
    replied
    With nothing new out of Central PA, I really fear the program is being set back in terms of recruiting to try and get it turned around.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    They"re probably trying to get away from that, otherwise they would have kept the HC. When Hale retired, Darragh was named interim HC, and there was little doubt he would get the job. Not so this time.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloom didn't announce an acting HC, which may mean they are looking to clean house.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Means nothing somebody has to be I. Charge...
    Bloom didn't announce an acting HC, which may mean they are looking to clean house.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Why do they (PSAC) even post this bullcrap anyway? It's half the information. If you want the real story behind those poor schools out East you need the second column.

Some would be shocked with what goes on inside that second column.

Get the 'total aid numbers' and I don't think we'd call one team the walk-ons anymore. Reporting the numbers in this manner is just creative accounting b.s.
    You're suggesting that those schools and the PSAC lies to the NCAA. The NCAA is the one who clarified the reporting and what types of aid counts as athletic aid. The PSAC also doesn't post it anywhere. They share within the conference and it finds its way out. I imagine someone like Matt would be given the numbers if asked to prevent acrimony and wasted time using the FOI process.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Starting with the 2018-19 school year, there has been a change in the way scholarship equivalencies get reported. On old reports, there was a second column called "total accountable aid" that is not mandatory to report anymore, according to a recent D2 policy change.

The newest scholarship report does not include the "total accountable aid," so the numbers are down from where they used to be.

SRU reported 18.10 in 2017-18 and 15.36 in 2018-19.
    Why do they (PSAC) even post this bullcrap anyway? It's half the information. If you want the real story behind those poor schools out East you need the second column.

Some would be shocked with what goes on inside that second column.

Get the 'total aid numbers' and I don't think we'd call one team the walk-ons anymore. Reporting the numbers in this manner is just creative accounting b.s.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied

That's the point I was trying to make. Schools like Lock Haven can't compete with the big boys by doing what the big boys do. They need to do something different. I just think for the Tripple Option or wishbone or whatever they would run, they would need to get good linemen over good skill players.

True, but we're talking about a Lock Haven program that hasn't had a winning season since I was in second grade, and I'm now 45. LHU would probably throw a parade if they had a 6-5 season. They need to start small and make annual progress. I'm not offering a plan to win a national championship. I'm suggesting a way they could be competitive instead of 1-10.
    I agree. If they could sniff .500 yearly and be competitive is all anyone could ever expect. And the wins wouldnt be vs. either the east or west big 3. 6-5 they'd have a parade. I like the idea...even if I disagree on some details. 4-7 was a big thing a few years ago....and they were beating Edinboro at the half and then lost I think.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Starting with the 2018-19 school year, there has been a change in the way scholarship equivalencies get reported. On old reports, there was a second column called "total accountable aid" that is not mandatory to report anymore, according to a recent D2 policy change.

The newest scholarship report does not include the "total accountable aid," so the numbers are down from where they used to be.

Whoa that's a big decrease unless in 17 they got a big one-time donation. The continual tuition increases have eroded a lot of our scholarship totals but also the switch to much more expensive new housing on campus. Put those football player in the nasty old dorms and save money!!!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    In 17-18 they reported just over 18. I'd be surprised if they're much further.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    The point of the running the triple option....is because you cant win recruiting battles. So you have to recruit guys that fit the system that you can get. That's why the service academies run it. And the point if LH were to do it.
    That's the point I was trying to make. Schools like Lock Haven can't compete with the big boys by doing what the big boys do. They need to do something different. I just think for the Tripple Option or wishbone or whatever they would run, they would need to get good linemen over good skill players.

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Too much ball control and not enough speed gets you mercyhurst and Bloom offensive production.
    True, but we're talking about a Lock Haven program that hasn't had a winning season since I was in second grade, and I'm now 45. LHU would probably throw a parade if they had a 6-5 season. They need to start small and make annual progress. I'm not offering a plan to win a national championship. I'm suggesting a way they could be competitive instead of 1-10.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Haven named an interim HC, so he may have the inside track.
    Means nothing somebody has to be I. Charge...

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

After Saturday can he take Jim with him?
    I doubt they end up leaving IUP.
    Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-25-2019, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

LH Job no hope, winning season would be only happen if they played in a bad league so rule that out just got tougher with SU replacing Cheyney...Boro job there is hope, can get NY kids and most of PA and dip into Maryland..dont forget Tepper won there and he was an awful Coach...just sayin
    "Awful coach" who won COY three times. He has to be the only coach to win it at different schools unless maybe Hale. Tepper also had 30% more scholarships in 05 than Bradford had in 19. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

18 come again, they had that amount 10 years ago, way ahead of that now...
    just sayin
    In 17-18 they reported just over 18. I'd be surprised if they're much further.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Haven named an interim HC, so he may have the inside track.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X