• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Perhaps. But, many times the PSAC has been in the Semi's. #WhereistheMEC
    Sorry, the Mountain East just isn't that inferior when put up against the PSAC. Quite comparable.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

In the finals 3 years ago?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

The PSAC is a middling conference, it's not the SEC. The PSAC is only a larger conference that is it (16 teams to 10), otherwise the PSAC is just as bad. And to add to that, other than Concord, nobody from the JV league has been embarrassed like the PSAC routinely gets on the national stage in the semi's.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Knight leaving is huge. The new coach will need more than optimism. He will need TALENT! More players will likely leave. And who, in PA has even heard of the HC? Recruiting just got tougher. But, LHU loves them some MEC coaches. The MEC is a JV League compared to the PSAC. So, LHU keeps hiring JV coaches.
    The PSAC is a middling conference, it's not the SEC. The PSAC is only a larger conference that is it (16 teams to 10), otherwise the PSAC is just as bad. And to add to that, other than Concord, nobody from the JV league has been embarrassed like the PSAC routinely gets on the national stage in the semi's.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Keep in mind that LH had 2 QB's and they rotated in their up-tempo offense. The other is Ethan Persa who started in 2018 when Knight was out all year. I think Persa could be better in a more traditional offense. They are both in the same class, rising RS-Jr's. Plus, if he stays, they had a pretty good freshman on the roster in Ocker.

I'm not in the business of telling these kids what to do but I think Knight could be making a mistake when you consider the big picture. I'm sure he's frustrated and believes the grass is greener on the other side. IMO, Knight is more of a RB than a QB and I think he will have to compete for his role at Clarion. The other thing I see is that he is a Sports Administration major. He will not find a Sports Administration program on LH's level at Clarion. LHU's program is better and graduates have better connections upon graduation.

Also, Jalen Jackson is mentioned as a potential transfer. He has one year of eligibility left. If he transfers to another school he might have trouble finding a place as a 6'0" TE. Just sayin',

I would anticipate players deciding to leave LH. IMO, they should make their choice carefully.

Apparently, one of the things the new coach will have to do is instill a sense of optimism for the LH program.
    Knight leaving is huge. The new coach will need more than optimism. He will need TALENT! More players will likely leave. And who, in PA has even heard of the HC? Recruiting just got tougher. But, LHU loves them some MEC coaches. The MEC is a JV League compared to the PSAC. So, LHU keeps hiring JV coaches.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think it depends on what he wants to do. If he wants to get into what is sometimes called "exercise science" then LHU is the choice but if he wants to do something in the sports business industry, then Clarion has the better reputed business program.
    I understand what you're saying about Clarion's general business school but in terms of the specialized Sports Administration I don't agree.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Keep in mind that LH had 2 QB's and they rotated in their up-tempo offense. The other is Ethan Persa who started in 2018 when Knight was out all year. I think Persa could be better in a more traditional offense. They are both in the same class, rising RS-Jr's. Plus, if he stays, they had a pretty good freshman on the roster in Ocker.

I'm not in the business of telling these kids what to do but I think Knight could be making a mistake when you consider the big picture. I'm sure he's frustrated and believes the grass is greener on the other side. IMO, Knight is more of a RB than a QB and I think he will have to compete for his role at Clarion. The other thing I see is that he is a Sports Administration major. He will not find a Sports Administration program on LH's level at Clarion. LHU's program is better and graduates have better connections upon graduation.

Also, Jalen Jackson is mentioned as a potential transfer. He has one year of eligibility left. If he transfers to another school he might have trouble finding a place as a 6'0" TE. Just sayin',

I would anticipate players deciding to leave LH. IMO, they should make their choice carefully.

Apparently, one of the things the new coach will have to do is instill a sense of optimism for the LH program.
    I think it depends on what he wants to do. If he wants to get into what is sometimes called "exercise science" then LHU is the choice but if he wants to do something in the sports business industry, then Clarion has the better reputed business program.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Wow that's a hurt piece to have a HC named and right afterwards the starting QB who actually put up decent numbers bail out to a fellow conference school.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Well, his OC left and they hired a DC as HC. Clarion needs a solid QB and is coached by a former QB. I understand his thinking.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Wow that's a hurt piece to have a HC named and right afterwards the starting QB who actually put up decent numbers bail out to a fellow conference school.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Just seen on Facebook:

"Elco grad Kyle Knight announced on Instagram Tuesday that he will be transferring from Lock Haven to Clarion."

So, the starting QB jumped ship.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    https://www.lockhaven.com/sports/loc...tball-program/

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

I could be wrong but I thought that was the reason for Rogish leaving.
    That was when Tepper got the job in 2006. But Rogish stayed through spring ball and left for Shepherd in the summer. In 2011, the in-house candidate when Curt Cignetti got the job was Tort, and obviously he's still here.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It did? I must have missed it.
    I could be wrong but I thought that was the reason for Rogish leaving.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

Happened several years ago at IUP when they hired Cignetti.
    It did? I must have missed it.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X