• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

One thing i do know. He'll know how to defend Shepard's offense
    How would he know? As far as I can tell, he's never coached against Shepherd.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I'm sorry...but all of a sudden a program that hasn't had a winning season since the Carter administration is going to become a Pee Sack contender.

Yeah right and Slimey Pebble will be asked to join the Ivy League.
    One thing i do know. He'll know how to defend Shepard's offense

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Interesting to note that Kelling was on the same North Dakota staff as former Ville coach Breitbach. Could this be Breitbach 2.0? 3 years huh? Well, Year 1 starts in 8 months. He's on the clock. I think Frostburg has more advantages than Lock Haven. Plus, the adjustment to the PSAC will be a challenge. I'm sure he is a good coach. There are many. But, recruiting and money gives coaches the best chance in the PSAC. Always has. Best of Luck.
    I'm sorry...but all of a sudden a program that hasn't had a winning season since the Carter administration is going to become a Pee Sack contender.

Yeah right and Slimey Pebble will be asked to join the Ivy League.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    John Kelling will have Loch Haven Competing for a division title within 3 years
    I REALLY like Coach Kelling quite a bit. But I am not sure if he will have this program in division title contention in 3 years. We shall see. I wish him nothing but the best.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied
    Interesting to note that Kelling was on the same North Dakota staff as former Ville coach Breitbach. Could this be Breitbach 2.0? 3 years huh? Well, Year 1 starts in 8 months. He's on the clock. I think Frostburg has more advantages than Lock Haven. Plus, the adjustment to the PSAC will be a challenge. I'm sure he is a good coach. There are many. But, recruiting and money gives coaches the best chance in the PSAC. Always has. Best of Luck.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The two championships were AIAW titles, not NCAA titles. I said NCAA championships.
    They were still National Titles.

IUP would have won the Dixon in 87-88 if it existed. Six Pee Sack titles my senior year. Go look it up.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The two championships were AIAW titles, not NCAA titles. I said NCAA championships.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They (IUP) made the decision to go 'all in' on three sports. I would like to see them have a little more success in the non-revenue sports. Men's Golf has become a powerhouse. Women's Tennis is doing well. The rest ... not so much.

I see they are dumping a lot of coin into the baseball and softball fields. When I saw that I was thinking they aren't even old but I guess they are approaching 20 years already. Hard to believe.

But ... IUP will win a national title before it wins a Dixon -- likely in one of the basketball programs. They aren't built for a Dixon title. Too many of the non-revenue sports are terrible.
    There's nothing wrong with that model. The ticket selling programs draw the revenue used to fund the other programs. Plus students in most of those programs come for the opportunity more than the money.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied

I'd bet more that John Kelling will be back at Frostburg within 3 years.
    Only if Fitz leaves

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

They (IUP) made the decision to go 'all in' on three sports. I would like to see them have a little more success in the non-revenue sports. Men's Golf has become a powerhouse. Women's Tennis is doing well. The rest ... not so much.

I see they are dumping a lot of coin into the baseball and softball fields. When I saw that I was thinking they aren't even old but I guess they are approaching 20 years already. Hard to believe.

But ... IUP will win a national title before it wins a Dixon -- likely in one of the basketball programs. They aren't built for a Dixon title. Too many of the non-revenue sports are terrible.
    At the Division II level, they're basically all non-revenue sports for most schools. Some just lose less money than others.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'd bet more that John Kelling will be back at Frostburg within 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...c-program.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I know. We have different perspectives on that.

Of course, IUP is still looking for that 1st NCAA championship and 1st Dixon Trophy. Go IUP!
    Last edited by IUPNation; 01-13-2020, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I know. We have different perspectives on that.

Of course, IUP is still looking for that 1st NCAA championship and 1st Dixon Trophy. Go IUP!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X