X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A lot of guys were pretty good hires when they took the job. Is the school going to give him any resources or will he just be the next in a long line of failed coaches?
    I can't answer that question when it comes to providing the new coach any resources. I just know Coach Kelling played a big part in a program that still gets the last bit of crumbs left when it comes to recruiting in the state of Maryland, and they still were able to produce a winning product on the field. Not going to say the same will happen at Lock Haven, but I understand in why giving him a shot at it.

Leave a comment:

• LoneHaven
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok, so he "left the program." I'm pretty sure bailed and abandoned the ship mean the same thing. Did you ever see George Carlin's bit about euphemisms?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=george...gpTot0&plvar=0
    That is a very good bit. My only point was he very well could have wanted to stay.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Ok, so he "left the program." I'm pretty sure bailed and abandoned the ship mean the same thing. Did you ever see George Carlin's bit about euphemisms?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=george...gpTot0&plvar=0

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

According to his bio, Coach Kelling has put in his time as positional coach or coordinator since 1992, that's 27 years. I am sure he felt he could not pass up this opportunity. I think its a pretty good hire.
    A lot of guys were pretty good hires when they took the job. Is the school going to give him any resources or will he just be the next in a long line of failed coaches?

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    That's very interesting that Kelling would leave an up and coming Frostburg State for LHU. Frostburg State has more money at its disposal for recruiting than LHU. Facilities are pretty darn good too. I wonder if he will bring anyone over from Frostburg State with him to fill out his staff.
    According to his bio, Coach Kelling has put in his time as positional coach or coordinator since 1992, that's 27 years. I am sure he felt he could not pass up this opportunity. I think its a pretty good hire.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    He probably learned he didn't get the job and took a comparable opportunity elsewhere. Happened several years ago at IUP when they hired Cignetti.

Leave a comment:

• LoneHaven
    replied
    Looks like a pretty good hire by LHU. I wish him luck. Good that he's a defensive guy since that's what they seem to need. It also explains why Nickell abandoned ship.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied

I don't think it means anything. You're just being negative.
    Who had IUP hired that didn't have one or the other? George Chaump, Frank Cignetti, Lou Tepper, Paul Tortorella. Guess it was important to the flagship program of the PSAC. I am positive about this.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    LHU has announced Kelling as the new HC. I expected the new President (Pignatello) up there to draw somebody in. From everything I've seen and read Pignatello is a really dynamic executive and he doesn't want to have a losing football program.

Interesting that Kelling is an alum of Minnesota State-Mankato.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2020/1/7/...all-coach.aspx

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Zero Pennsylvania or PSAC Background for recruiting. Anybody think that's important?
    I don't think it means anything. You're just being negative.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    That's very interesting that Kelling would leave an up and coming Frostburg State for LHU. Frostburg State has more money at its disposal for recruiting than LHU. Facilities are pretty darn good too. I wonder if he will bring anyone over from Frostburg State with him to fill out his staff.
    Zero Pennsylvania or PSAC Background for recruiting. Anybody think that's important?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Looks like a pretty good hire by LHU. I wish him luck. Good that he's a defensive guy since that's what they seem to need. It also explains why Nickell abandoned ship.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

Source: footballscoop.comClick image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.00.01 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	473197

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
    No news out of the Haven and "Interim HC" twitter page has changed to Asst. Coach at Lake Erie College; current players and prospective recruits probably wondering?
    I had no reason to question this but I did check Nickell's twitter page and, yes, apparently the interim HC is heading for Painesville, OH to be an assistant coach (even received a congratulations from former HC Taynor). The Lake Erie assistant doesn't seem like a great position so it looks like Nickell is bailing out on Lock Haven.

What does it mean?

Hopefully something official will come out of LH soon.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X