Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a stab at an All Decade Shepherd team 2010-2019:

QB- Connor Jessup- Cater was insanely loyal to Ziemba but I think Connor was a better player. Connor set every single season record we have, soon to be broken by Bagent.
    RB- Jabre Lolley
    RB- Tommy Addison
    FB- Bobby Humphries- Barely edges out John Hammer, Bobby was a more versatile player.
    TE- DJ Cornish
    OL- Isiah Shelton
    OL- Lavonte Heights
    OL- Jamie Colon
    OL- Jordan Dixon
    OL- Steven Jackson
    WR- Billy Brown
    WR- CJ Davis

DE- Howard Jones/Myles Humphrey- Tough to choose!
    DE- Shaniel Jenkins
    DT- Robert Hayes
    DT- Mike Franklin
    MLB- James Gupton
    MLB- Octavius Thomas
    OLB- Levi Barber
    SS- Corey Washington (cheating as he was a FS, but if paired with Tre he would have been SS)
    FS- Tre Sullivan
    CB- Dejuan Neal
    CB- Keon Robinson

Comment

Comment

Ziemba if we go by career's is the best QB Shepherd has had no doubt. I can't believe we had those 2 at the same time and Connor was game to just ride it out to start that last year. We may have had the best QB in the country for D2 as our 2nd string guy because of how loyal the staff was to Ziemba. I don't want it to sound like Ziemba stunk or anything, he was great as well. Connor was just I think on another level. Guess I probably did the inverse of that at TE, as Dominique Jones was our most talented TE, Cornish just had a longer career and was also very good.

MVP on offense is hands down Billy Brown. Might be the best player in program history. Right there with Dervon/Beane.

MVP on defense I'd probably give to Octavius Thomas. 4 year starter and heart and soul of the best run in school history from 2013-2017. Our version of London Fletcher.

Comment

Thomas was an excellent player and worthy of you making him the MVP for the defense. One other player to consider is James Gupton. I still remember him hitting a WL player and knocking him out as a freshman. He made 19 tackles in the NC game in Kansas City. The two were a great pair on the field at the same time.

Now what is the best Shepherd game you attended...for me it was the Grand Valley State game...the Cal PA game the following year is a close second.
          Last edited by ShepFan1; 04-15-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Man....had RB Brandon Hlavach stayed healthy he most certain been on this list!

Comment

You might be right. He had one heck of a freshman year, just got better as the season went on. Plus a straight A student. From what I heard, he had surgery on both knees and that ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                Taking a stab at an All Decade Shepherd team 2010-2019:

QB- Connor Jessup- Cater was insanely loyal to Ziemba but I think Connor was a better player. Connor set every single season record we have, soon to be broken by Bagent.
                RB- Jabre Lolley
                RB- Tommy Addison
                FB- Bobby Humphries- Barely edges out John Hammer, Bobby was a more versatile player.
                TE- DJ Cornish
                OL- Isiah Shelton
                OL- Lavonte Heights
                OL- Jamie Colon
                OL- Jordan Dixon
                OL- Steven Jackson
                WR- Billy Brown
                WR- CJ Davis

DE- Howard Jones/Myles Humphrey- Tough to choose!
                DE- Shaniel Jenkins
                DT- Robert Hayes
                DT- Mike Franklin
                MLB- James Gupton
                MLB- Octavius Thomas
                OLB- Levi Barber
                SS- Corey Washington (cheating as he was a FS, but if paired with Tre he would have been SS)
                FS- Tre Sullivan
                CB- Dejuan Neal
                CB- Keon Robinson
                I agree Connor was a very good QB for Shepherd. The game he came off the bench against Grand Valley was one of the best moments in my memory. Had he started the National Championship game in place of Ziemba, who was hurt, things might have been different. I would add Devon Wallace to the list of best Shepherd RBs. He was the most exciting to watch play.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                  Man....had RB Brandon Hlavach stayed healthy he most certain been on this list!
                  Absolutely right, he would have been a good one. Hopefully he's healthy now and good for the rest of his life. He probably made the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                    Thomas was an excellent player and worthy of you making him the MVP for the defense. One other player to consider is James Gupton. I still remember him hitting a WL player and knocking him out as a freshman. He made 19 tackles in the NC game in Kansas City. The two were a great pair on the field at the same time.

Now what is the best Shepherd game you attended...for me it was the Grand Valley State game...the Cal PA game the following year is a close second.
                    The Grand Valley State game I was at as well, I don't think that can be topped to be honest. That game had just about everything you could want in a epic football game.

Even though it wasn't a great game, I did get the chance to go the NC game against NWMS. Great atmosphere and experience. Really wish Connor had played that game as Ziemba was clearly still limited in what he could do.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

I agree Connor was a very good QB for Shepherd. The game he came off the bench against Grand Valley was one of the best moments in my memory. Had he started the National Championship game in place of Ziemba, who was hurt, things might have been different. I would add Devon Wallace to the list of best Shepherd RBs. He was the most exciting to watch play.
                      Dervon's last season was 2007. He is the best RB in the history of the program IMO. He didn't qualify for this list. Him and Beane were head and shoulders above virtually everyone that has come through Shepherd as a RB. If Dervon had started his career at Shepherd (he was at WVSU as a freshman) he probably would have had a shot at Beanes career rushing yds record. Nonetheless both were incredible players.
                      Last edited by Ram040506; 04-16-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I've been on the Bagent bandwagon since his senior year at Martinsburg. The kid wins, and he has the tools.

Comment

Absolutely right, he would have been a good one. Hopefully he's healthy now and good for the rest of his life. He probably made the right decision.
                          Yes, I agree with you. I believe your health comes first. He made the right decision.

Comment

Shepherd adds LHU RB Chantz Swartz as a transfer for his senior year. Man I hope they play this fall...

Comment

Shepherd adds LHU RB Chantz Swartz as a transfer for his senior year. Man I hope they play this fall...
                              Oh my....this kid was Lock Haven's leading rusher the past two years. Nice pickup....

Comment

In my years of watching shepherd football IMO the 2010 team was one of the better squads. Believe that has been the best team which had a shot at a National championship.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X