Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boro Names Head Coach

https://gofightingscots.com/news/202...all-coach.aspx

I like the IUP connection. Can't go wrong with that. I also like that Boro rolled the dice on a young and up and coming coach.

Did he play at a local high school some moons back? The name sounds so familiar. Maybe Matt would know that one.

-

Comment

He's from Armstrong County. Played at RMU.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        I like the IUP connection. Can't go wrong with that. I also like that Boro rolled the dice on a young and up and coming coach.

Did he play at a local high school some moons back? The name sounds so familiar. Maybe Matt would know that one.

-
        Apollo-Ridge

Comment

This is a home run hire. he'll kill it in recruiting

Comment

Originally posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post
            This is a home run hire. he'll kill it in recruiting
            Has to convince kids to choose Edinboro for pennies on IUP and Rocks dollars.

Comment

Congrats and good luck to Coach Nulph.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Apollo-Ridge
                Okay, that does ring a bell there.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Has to convince kids to choose Edinboro for pennies on IUP and Rocks dollars.
                  Bingo. Wishing him well though. Let's give him a few classes then assess. SnackBar's post seems a tad too early.

Comment

It's a giant leap going from a young(-ish)position coach who is typically 'buddy buddy' with the players to being the head man.

That's typically the biggest obstacle ... dealing with discipline, etc. I'd peg Nulph to be about 35-36 years old.

If somebody would have said an IUP assisant ... nobody would have guessed him. I immediately assumed it was Tate Gregory. But, perhaps Edinboro found a steal. The current generation will likely enjoy having a head coach who is a little more hip, young, etc.

Comment

He was co-DC at St Francis then left to be a Benzels DC at Westminster. Was STC at Duquesne too.

Comment

In my opinion this was a great hire by Boro. Inject some youth and fire in the coaching staff and him being young he will have the ears of kids debating between taking a few bucks to sit 2-3 years at Rock/IUP/Cal or take $1000 and play immediately. In the PSAC there are definitely ways to get around the scholarship numbers when you recruit top notch academic kids (WCU is very well known to do this, hence why they have a pipe line to many of the Philly Catholic League schools whose kids who didn't get the D1 offers used to just go to John Hopkins or the local D3's like Delaware Valley and Widener). Will be looking to see how his announcement helps with recruiting in the next few years.

Comment

I'm okay with the hire. Was kind of excited for the possibility of Benzel because he's a known quantity as a head coach in the western half of PA. But given the RMU connection several people have told me they think he's a great hire. They know more than me so I'll trust their instincts - one guy compared his energy to Lustig. I like young, I like hungry, and I like regional ties. I hope that his family moves to Edinboro and they dig in.

Now we've gotta find the money for new turf and more scholarship dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            I'm okay with the hire. Was kind of excited for the possibility of Benzel because he's a known quantity as a head coach in the western half of PA. But given the RMU connection several people have told me they think he's a great hire. They know more than me so I'll trust their instincts - one guy compared his energy to Lustig. I like young, I like hungry, and I like regional ties. I hope that his family moves to Edinboro and they dig in.

Now we've gotta find the money for new turf and more scholarship dollars.
                            I will wait to judge the hire until after year two. If the direction of the program is pointing up.....then it's a great hire. Might not show in wins and losses until year three,,,,but will they be competing in year two.

Turf is only covered by insurances for 8 years. How old is the turf?

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBacker View Post

I will wait to judge the hire until after year two. If the direction of the program is pointing up.....then it's a great hire. Might not show in wins and losses until year three,,,,but will they be competing in year two.

Turf is only covered by insurances for 8 years. How old is the turf?
                              13 years. We're the new Lock Haven.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X